G25 settings

• Thread starter munik
  • 55 comments
This might be a silly question, but where in the options can u set the max turning angle? Currently i can turn my g25 270 degrees from middle to right or left, to reach max angle of wheel on screen. Where can i change this (max angle of g25, not of car)?

Ive looked everywhere

I use "sim" steering"...all the others seem to be too floaty. With power steering on i think there is less force feedback but i have yet to decide. Active steering is a new thing in the car world. It is supposed to stop you making heavy adjustments and spinning the car. It is kinda the same as steering assist in GT4...Id turn that off if i was you. AS for the 900 degree G25 im not that happy myself either. Im not a drifter but even in races you sometimes need to flick out the back. Eiger for instance in the EVO i still cant get gold in that race. I used to drive a scooby WRX in real life and cant get used to having over 1 turn to lock. Maybe someone will devise a mod kit that emulates a quick rack? I hope so!

It is not a glitch. you might have problem with your shifter.
Yep, I have a problem with the G25. Tested it on pc (pc-software) and there is no reverse. Maybe I'd better get a Frex shifter?

This might be a silly question, but where in the options can u set the max turning angle? Currently i can turn my g25 270 degrees from middle to right or left, to reach max angle of wheel on screen. Where can i change this (max angle of g25, not of car) Ive looked everywhere?
There is no software available on the PS3 to change the degrees of the G25. The G25 is actually a pc-wheel but also compatible with the PS3. The DFP had software (not original but developed by others) for the pc where you could change the degrees of the wheel. Hooked up to the PS3n you had to press select + R3 + right paddle (paddle behind the wheel) to change from 900° to 240° (?). Maybe this is the same with the G25? Try to push combinations off buttons and maybe it will go into 900° mode?!

Hooked up to the PS3n you had to press select + R3 + right paddle (paddle behind the wheel) to change from 900° to 240° (?). Maybe this is the same with the G25? Try to push combinations off buttons and maybe it will go into 900° mode?!

Unfortunately, the Logitech G25 is always at full 900 degree mode. It cannot be changed. The DFP could, and I'm sure the new GT5 wheel can as well.

;)

Yep, I have a problem with the G25. Tested it on pc (pc-software) and there is no reverse. Maybe I'd better get a Frex shifter?

There is no software available on the PS3 to change the degrees of the G25. The G25 is actually a pc-wheel but also compatible with the PS3. The DFP had software (not original but developed by others) for the pc where you could change the degrees of the wheel. Hooked up to the PS3n you had to press select + R3 + right paddle (paddle behind the wheel) to change from 900° to 240° (?). Maybe this is the same with the G25? Try to push combinations off buttons and maybe it will go into 900° mode?!

I don't think the FREX shifter works with the G25, but I could be wrong. Trymap your reverse to one ther other buttons.

The only way to get around the steering issue you mentioned is to max out the MTA in QTS to reduce the steering ratio and speed up the steering.

Double post.

Changing the TCM, ABS, brakes and something with 4WD also works with the G25!

Active steering helps you a bit...
Amateur, Professional, and Simulation, just like what it says, if you choose amateur, it will be really easy and arcade to turn the car. In sim, the wheel tries to simulate racing wheel and FFBs as in real life.
Power assist, its what every car has, Power steering.

For me I use my settings:
Simulation mode
Active steering: OFF
Power assist: ON ( you can turn it off for the F40 car, since that car does not have one in real life)

So pretty much I always set up to SIM options with my wheel.

Ah, and for the cars that Use Clutch in real life, I turn the clutch on, and for the cars that Use sequential in real life, I use the sequential paddle shifters, or the box.

How do you turn the clutch on? i cant figure it out for the life of me

I've already completed more than half the events and I dont even want to play anymore until I can get the clutch to work. I read that you press Triangle to enable it once in the game, but do you have to change any other settings to get that to work? I tried that and cant get anything to work...

And yes, I have it switched into H pattern mode, not SMG mode.

Thanks!

I had problem initially with clutch not working. That happens when I I accidentaly reprogram the triangle (reverse) button When I reprogram back, the clutch doesn't work.

But what you do is to reset configuration back to default. And try to push the triangle button when race starts. Try it .

How do you turn the clutch on? i cant figure it out for the life of me

I've already completed more than half the events and I dont even want to play anymore until I can get the clutch to work. I read that you press Triangle to enable it once in the game, but do you have to change any other settings to get that to work? I tried that and cant get anything to work...

And yes, I have it switched into H pattern mode, not SMG mode.

Thanks!
You have to push the upper button, triangle button on your controler or on you G25 AFTER the game starts, AFTER the car crosses the start line and you have control over the car. Not sooner or it will not work!

:)

I've never heard of a car with 7 gears in H-pattern mode. I know there are some cars with 7 sequential gears (manual or automatic gearbox).

You can always use the sequential mode if you drive a car with 7 gears.

Is there a car with a 7 manual gearbox (H-pattern)?

:)

there are NO cars with seven speed H-pattern shifts.......not even semi-trailers/trucks with 16 speed transmissions use more than the standard 6 or 4 speed h pattern. Just wish there would be a provision with the G25 for a dogleg 1st in the F40 to max the realism.

Hey Does anyone know how to engage the clutch with the G25 in event mode....it works fine for me in arcade mode but not event mode...?? please advise...thanks :)

Hey Does anyone know how to engage the clutch with the G25 in event mode....it works fine for me in arcade mode but not event mode...?? please advise...thanks :)

It works in all the modes. Are you using a different car for the events? If the car doesn't us a clutch in real life, it will not let you use it on the game. ex. gtr, You can't use the clutch or h shifter on the game with the gtr, only sequential.

I use the GT-R with the shifter. I use all the cars with the shifter. Also, I don't need to use the clutch in any of the cars. What am I doing wrong?

I use the GT-R with the shifter. I use all the cars with the shifter. Also, I don't need to use the clutch in any of the cars. What am I doing wrong?

When the "START" graphic pops up on the screen on commencement of the race, press the top black button on your gearstick attachment, above the d-pad. This activates the clutch.

It works in all the modes. Are you using a different car for the events? If the car doesn't us a clutch in real life, it will not let you use it on the game. ex. gtr, You can't use the clutch or h shifter on the game with the gtr, only sequential.

Hmm...ok thanks.... I do believe i tried with the GTR and no other car...I'm going to try with another vehicle in event mode and see...Thanks for the response...will keep updated....

about the clutch enabling thingie. you don't necessarily have to enable it on the start, you can use the ps3 controller to enable/disable it any time. triangle button.

About the G25 and 900 degree mode. I don't get 900 degrees. I get 360. Half a turn either way. Any of you get any more than that?

Are sure you have a G25? G25 has no mechanical stops until you turn 450degrees each way (900 lock to lock)

Back