G27 PS3 realistic settings

Well I would say that 100 for the feedback is pretty much. I have it on 10/60/60. The brake dead zone needs to be on 2-3%. To be honest I'm not happy with these settings but can't find anything better.

I've got full 100% feedback, works nicely, helps prevents spins 👍

I think the other settings are still on default, but I decided to set the clutch pedal as the brake. It just feels weird to have the brake be 3 times heavier then the accelerator in an F1 car. I switched from the DFGT to the G27, so I'm used to super-light pedals, which is why the clutch feels much more natuarally weighted. I know, it's silly. I should use the brake pedal as the brake pedal, but whatever :)

I don't think it's silly :) I also use the clutch as the brake. The brake is hard as ....
It doesn't make sense to have a clutch in a F1 and i/you don't use the shifter so this solution is great. And when I'm not using the brake it's easy to rest your foot.

I don't think it's silly :) I also use the clutch as the brake. The brake is hard as ....
It doesn't make sense to have a clutch in a F1 and i/you don't use the shifter so this solution is great. And when I'm not using the brake it's easy to rest your foot.

Well you could use the clutch as a DRS switch like in the Merc

tribolik
Well you could use the clutch as a DRS switch like in the Merc

Tried that, and promptly crashed :lol:

In GT5 the brake feels perfectly weighted, yet in F1 2011 it just seems way too heavy for me. I've no idea why, just is.

I use my G25 clutch pedal as my KERS button; and my brake setting is 55% Front - 45% Rear and 'High' sensitivity.

Course JCM beats me regularly :crazy:

BlacqueJacques
I use my G25 clutch pedal as my KERS button; and my brake setting is 55% Front - 45% Rear and 'High' sensitivity.

Do you use your right foot for throttle and brake or left foot for KERS and brake? Either way, very impressive coordination 👍

BlacqueJacques
Course JCM beats me regularly :crazy:

hehehe...

eh :)

jcm
Do you use your right foot for throttle and brake or left foot for KERS and brake? Either way, very impressive coordination 👍

hehehe...

eh :)

I use left fott for KERS and brake; right foot for throttle.

I have a Playseat Evolution so left and right foot driving avoids the centre support; one day I'll get a fancier rig like the prize being offered for GT Academy 2012 Racer X eh:)

I wish you could map the clutch as brake in GT5 :crazy:

Hi everyone,im new to the G27 in fact 3 days new.
Ive just got my Dirt3 playseat and G27 wheel and pedals.
Im an F1 2011 nut on the PS3 and im going nuts due to the red buttons on my wheel not working properly.
Ive assigned the top two buttons for KERS and DRS (L2,R2) yet when i press them they intermittently work.They just cut in and out and its killing me on the competitive side of racing.
Do these buttons have to be calibrated or something,i just dont understand why they work sometimes and then not at all.
Ive tried assigning the padels to no avail,it just does the same thing.
The only thing i havn't tried is assigning the clutch to DRS but im really into that,also where would i put KERS ???
Any help please ???

Well, they work fine on my G27, so it could just be faulty buttons or wires. My KERS is assigned to L2 and my DRS to R5, and both work fine for me.

Remember though, KERS use is limited per lap, and only works when the accelerator is pushed down, and that DRS is very limited during the race.

If you want to try an alternative, I'd put KERS on the clutch, and move DRS to triangle or something. It'll slow you down a bit in qualifying, but in the race you won't lose any time.

I cannot for the life of me find wheel settings that are even remotely like in F1 2010 or 2011. With the standard G25 settings I go off at the slightest of touches, using the 50% steering linearity suggested helps a bit, but it still feels very weird.

I played around with the saturation as well, but it always feels very nervous and "snappy" to full lock (hard to explain really). I never touched the settings in the previous versions except for maximazing the FFB, so I'm really surprised why it feels so different...

I will try again tomorrow, but for now my first impressions weren't good :)

I cannot for the life of me find wheel settings that are even remotely like in F1 2010 or 2011. With the standard G25 settings I go off at the slightest of touches, using the 50% steering linearity suggested helps a bit, but it still feels very weird.

I played around with the saturation as well, but it always feels very nervous and "snappy" to full lock (hard to explain really). I never touched the settings in the previous versions except for maximazing the FFB, so I'm really surprised why it feels so different...

I will try again tomorrow, but for now my first impressions weren't good :)

My linearity and saturation settings are all at 0 except steering at 5%.

Feed back is 100% and I use 90-100 for wheel weight (g25)

Last edited:
I have everything to 0s except linearity to 20. And FFB at 10% environment, 50% strength, and 70% wheel weight. You can feel the wheel and the curbs are less violent on the g27 in my opinion.

Back