Would a FFB steering wheel work with a PSX game when plugged into a PS2?

• Thread starter Dak0ta
  • 4 comments
Spain
Spain
I know FFB won't be allowed considering GT2 doesn't allow that technology, but considering a G25 and G27 wheels work with GT4/PS2, would the same work with GT2 and PSX?

I don’t believe that the psx games have been programmed to be able to be compatible with force feedback. Ps2 had games that support is, but it is not the console that allows force feedback. It’s the games. But hey, I haven’t tested it, so go ahead and try it!

I don’t believe that the psx games have been programmed to be able to be compatible with force feedback. Ps2 had games that support is, but it is not the console that allows force feedback. It’s the games. But hey, I haven’t tested it, so go ahead and try it!
i know ffb wont work, but the steering itself? like can it work like a psx wheel would?

No. The PSX standard of analog steering control was Namco's NeGcon controller that plugged into the regular controller port. PSX (and early PS2) peripherals that offered analog steering (like those InterAct steering wheels) were emulating that standard.

The Logitech Driving Force analog standard that effectively replaced it was completely incompatible. If you're playing on original hardware a PSX game couldn't even see the PS2/PS3's USB ports; and even if PSX games could see USB peripherals they wouldn't know to do with the signals.

Last edited:
Back