G29 Calibrates but won't work

• Thread starter Joncarlo
  • 20 comments
United States
United States
I'm having an issue with my G29 where the steering wheel goes through it's complete calibration where it rotates side to side, but after that nothing works. It calibrates whenever the usb is plugged in and it works in both my PS4 and my Computer USB ports however the buttons on the wheel do not work on the playstation. I've been trying to find a fix and I've made sure all of the wires are connected but still no solution. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

yeah sounds like you didn´t log in with the wheel. you have to press the playstation button on the wheel and when the login screen opens you just chose your account and log in that´s all.

1279230-n0.jpg

United States
United States
yeah sounds like you didn´t log in with the wheel. you have to press the playstation button on the wheel and when the login screen opens you just chose your account and log in that´s all.

Well I can't even get the PS button to work? I've had this wheel for quite a while now so I'm just wondering if it decide to have an electric fault.

Portugal
Portugal
Could you describe what the problem is and what you have already attempted to resolve the issue? Also - does the wheel work on a PC or laptop?

I have the same problem, the wheel works perfectly fine on pc everything works, ffb, buttons, etc

But on ps4 does the initial calibration but the buttons dont work, and yes its on the ps4 setting, and pressing the playstation button to log in doesnt to nothing

South Africa
South Africa
I'm having an issue with my G29 where the steering wheel goes through it's complete calibration where it rotates side to side, but after that nothing works. It calibrates whenever the usb is plugged in and it works in both my PS4 and my Computer USB ports however the buttons on the wheel do not work on the playstation. I've been trying to find a fix and I've made sure all of the wires are connected but still no solution. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Hey i have the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Belgium
Belgium
I have the same problem, and I know the issue. on forza (PC) my steering wheel works, except the 3 buttons below (PS buttun, options and share buttons). So if the PS button is broken you can't connect with youre playstation

Czech Republic
Czech Republic
I'm having the same problem. It worked on my PS4 only when it was switched to PS3 mode. And another issue from nowhere. I connected it to PS4 - it started to calibrate, but no connection possible and lights off. I'm so disappointed, because I do not have warranty. Quite bunch of money thrown into trash... I had to choose Thrustmaster.

India
India
I have the same problem, the wheel works perfectly fine on pc everything works, ffb, buttons, etc

But on ps4 does the initial calibration but the buttons dont work, and yes its on the ps4 setting, and pressing the playstation button to log in doesnt to nothing
Got any solution ??

Turkey
Turkey
İ have similar problem on my new thrustmaster t248 wheel and pedals working but non of the buttons are functional,,,so it is not possible to connect to ps4 by pressing the main button (or any button) all the drivers updated ,firmware followed but no action . Calibration force feedback power tests all ok .. but the buttons are death.

Denmark
Denmark
i have the same problem, where the wheel goes through its calibration, but thats it. nothing else, no buttons working, no nothing...

Denmark
Denmark
i have the same problem, where the wheel goes through its calibration, but thats it. nothing else, no buttons working, no nothing...

United States
United States
I had the same problem, restarted the PS5 with wheel plugged in on PS4 mode, hit the playstation button on the wheel when prompted to log in and it works now.

United States
United States
I had the same problem, restarted the PS5 with wheel plugged in on PS4 mode, hit the playstation button on the wheel when prompted to log in and it works now.

Scotland
Scotland
I found that on mine the ps3/4 selector switch tabs was broken and it was stuck in ps3 mode so I took it apart and manually changed mode with a tiny flat blade screwdriver and that seemed to work