G29 Calibrates but won't work

• Thread starter Joncarlo
  • 37 comments
United States
United States
I'm having an issue with my G29 where the steering wheel goes through it's complete calibration where it rotates side to side, but after that nothing works. It calibrates whenever the usb is plugged in and it works in both my PS4 and my Computer USB ports however the buttons on the wheel do not work on the playstation. I've been trying to find a fix and I've made sure all of the wires are connected but still no solution. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

yeah sounds like you didn´t log in with the wheel. you have to press the playstation button on the wheel and when the login screen opens you just chose your account and log in that´s all.

1279230-n0.jpg

yeah sounds like you didn´t log in with the wheel. you have to press the playstation button on the wheel and when the login screen opens you just chose your account and log in that´s all.

Well I can't even get the PS button to work? I've had this wheel for quite a while now so I'm just wondering if it decide to have an electric fault.

Could you describe what the problem is and what you have already attempted to resolve the issue? Also - does the wheel work on a PC or laptop?

I have the same problem, the wheel works perfectly fine on pc everything works, ffb, buttons, etc

But on ps4 does the initial calibration but the buttons dont work, and yes its on the ps4 setting, and pressing the playstation button to log in doesnt to nothing

I'm having an issue with my G29 where the steering wheel goes through it's complete calibration where it rotates side to side, but after that nothing works. It calibrates whenever the usb is plugged in and it works in both my PS4 and my Computer USB ports however the buttons on the wheel do not work on the playstation. I've been trying to find a fix and I've made sure all of the wires are connected but still no solution. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Hey i have the same issue. Did you find a solution?

I have the same problem, and I know the issue. on forza (PC) my steering wheel works, except the 3 buttons below (PS buttun, options and share buttons). So if the PS button is broken you can't connect with youre playstation

I'm having the same problem. It worked on my PS4 only when it was switched to PS3 mode. And another issue from nowhere. I connected it to PS4 - it started to calibrate, but no connection possible and lights off. I'm so disappointed, because I do not have warranty. Quite bunch of money thrown into trash... I had to choose Thrustmaster.

I am facing same issue . Did you find any solution ??

I have the same problem, the wheel works perfectly fine on pc everything works, ffb, buttons, etc

But on ps4 does the initial calibration but the buttons dont work, and yes its on the ps4 setting, and pressing the playstation button to log in doesnt to nothing
Got any solution ??

İ have similar problem on my new thrustmaster t248 wheel and pedals working but non of the buttons are functional,,,so it is not possible to connect to ps4 by pressing the main button (or any button) all the drivers updated ,firmware followed but no action . Calibration force feedback power tests all ok .. but the buttons are death.

I had the same problem, restarted the PS5 with wheel plugged in on PS4 mode, hit the playstation button on the wheel when prompted to log in and it works now.

I found that on mine the ps3/4 selector switch tabs was broken and it was stuck in ps3 mode so I took it apart and manually changed mode with a tiny flat blade screwdriver and that seemed to work

Same problem here. My switch is free to go everywhere and it doesnt touch the plate so i think wheel is stucked in ps3 mode. Pls help me! :(

I just had the same issue on PS5. What worked is I turned the PS5 on manually with the power on button. Then I pressed the PS button on the wheel and it logged in and works great. GT7 and dirt 5 tested and work like a charm. It was a second from Amazon Warehouse but it looks like brand new. Win.

I have same issue. I connected wheel to pc and found out from manual calibration that most buttons work there including steering but ps button does not work and few others, so it seems that without getting the ps button to work cant log in to system or use the controller anyhow... i dont know how to fix this.

I have same issue. I connected wheel to pc and found out from manual calibration that most buttons work there including steering but ps button does not work and few others, so it seems that without getting the ps button to work cant log in to system or use the controller anyhow... i dont know how to fix this.
Same exact problem. However I don’t know if my ps button is actually broken. Please tell me there is a fix. Would be such a shame. I just put my deep dish wheel on and was so careful. There is no way I could have broken the button, it clicks like normal but nothing happening on the p4. Very upset

Hi all. I have a similar issue. The wheel connects and calibrates to my PS5. I'm able to log in with the controller and everything seems to work fine until I start any game. I have tried with NFS Rivals and WRC5, but when I enter each game I cannot do anything, it's like the wheel stops working. No buttons are working.

Any help would be much appreciated:)

Is the wheel in PS4 mode and did you hit the PS button on the wheel in order to associate it with your active user?
Yes, the wheel is in PS4 mode and yes I associated it with the active user via the PS button.

The wheel itself is working just fine until you enter the game

Ah wait, I didn't concentrate hard enough on the titles that you mentioned. NFS Rivals doesn't support wheels. WRC5 does, provided it has been patched to the latest version, but I seem to remember that you had to first set the wheel up in the control options of the game.

You should try some other games to confirm, but if the wheel is working on the console homescreen then the issue is not with the wheel. You can get the GRID (2019) demo from the PSN store to test, for example.

Ah wait, I didn't concentrate hard enough on the titles that you mentioned. NFS Rivals doesn't support wheels. WRC5 does, provided it has been patched to the latest version, but I seem to remember that you had to first set the wheel up in the control options of the game.

You should try some other games to confirm, but if the wheel is working on the console homescreen then the issue is not with the wheel. You can get the GRID (2019) demo from the PSN store to test, for example.
I believe that the problem is not with the wheel itself.

Everywhere I search, when you use the G29 wheel on PS5 it does not work on most games. Even the video you have posted is for PS4. That does not work on the PS5, because you cannot use it while in the game.

Hopefully in the future, more games fix this issue for PS5

It’s the most supported wheel on PS4 and PS5. But, as I said, which games you choose are key. There is a list on the product page on our website that you can reference. It’s not 100% up to date, but test assured that if a game supports FFB wheels on PlayStation then it supports the G29.

That you’re running on PS5 has no influence on this. When you run a PS4 title on PS5 it runs in its own container, including the peripheral support it has on PS4.

Last edited:
I’ve tried everything here and no dice. My used G29 works perfectly on PC. It’s firmware is up to date. I calibrated it on Windows 11 and all the buttons work perfectly.

When I hook it up to my PS5 to play the copy of GT7 I just bought, the wheel lights up and calibrates, but then it won’t allow me to sign into my profile using the wheel. None of the buttons work. It’s not detected in any games.

I’ve plugged the unit into several different outlets. I’ve tried all the USB slots on the PS5. The PS4 icon is selected on the wheel.

I’ve called Logitech support and they were of no help since the unit is out of warranty. PlayStation customer support told me they can’t do anything about it.

I’m at a total loss here. Any ideas are welcome.

Last edited:
It's the PS button that's needed to sign in to the profile, so did that button work when testing on the PC?

If it did then this gives rise to the question of what, if anything, the previous owner had done to the wheel. With all of the mods available for the G29, people do take them apart and there's always the possibility that the PS3/PS4 switch is no longer working, or has even been disconnected (if they were on PC then they wouldn't care).

Back