G29 Calibrates but won't work

• Thread starter Joncarlo
  • 37 comments
It's the PS button that's needed to sign in to the profile, so did that button work when testing on the PC?

If it did then this gives rise to the question of what, if anything, the previous owner had done to the wheel. With all of the mods available for the G29, people do take them apart and there's always the possibility that the PS3/PS4 switch is no longer working, or has even been disconnected (if they were on PC then they wouldn't care).
UPDATE: This was the issue. I took apart the wheel and the little ps3/ps4 switch was snapped off the hinge that connects to the PCB. There was a little tiny piece of plastic that I discovered to be the switch that I needed to surgically remove from the PCB and re-insert it in the space that is designated for ps4 mode.

Hope this helps others. Spent literally all day after work trying to figure this out.

Has anyone figured out other reasons? I tried troubleshooting to the things mentioned. My PS3/PS4 switch isn't broken. The wheel stops responding once you get so far into the game.

Has anyone figured out other reasons? I tried troubleshooting to the things mentioned. My PS3/PS4 switch isn't broken. The wheel stops responding once you get so far into the game.

I still have the same problem, the g29 calibrates and i can login into my Account with it. All button work in the main menu until i start a game. Then no buttons are working..

Did someone solve this problem?

I still have the same problem, the g29 calibrates and i can login into my Account with it. All button work in the main menu until i start a game. Then no buttons are working..

Did someone solve this problem?
Hi, What game are you attempting to play. Games with no wheel support behave like this. NFS for example.
Rgds

Hi, What game are you attempting to play. Games with no wheel support behave like this. NFS for example.
Rgds
Hello, i tried assetto corza competizione with PS plus in streaming and GTA online, which i had bought. I thought, that i could use the g29 in every game like a controller. Today i will buy the Crew motorfest. After i tried this i will repley here again. Thank you for the tip.

Hello, i tried assetto corza competizione with PS plus in streaming and GTA online, which i had bought. I thought, that i could use the g29 in every game like a controller. Today i will buy the Crew motorfest. After i tried this i will repley here again. Thank you for the tip.
ACC should work. GTA I doubt would work.
The original The Crew was one of the games that predated the G29 and didn’t support it at the start.
Also, some games require you to have another controller logged in for the wheel to work. This is usually WRC and with thrustmaster wheels, but worth a shot.

Streaming games won’t work with wheels - they have to be installed locally.

GTA does not support wheels. If you’re in any doubt then there’s a list of supported titles on the product pages for our wheels.

Streaming games won’t work with wheels - they have to be installed locally.

GTA does not support wheels. If you’re in any doubt then there’s a list of supported titles on the product pages for our wheels.
Hello, thank you all for the tips and help,
The Crew works perfectly. :)

Back