G29 setting help

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Good morning,
Since a recent update, the G29 has seemed to improve in terms of FFB.
Would anyone care to share their recent settings, a quick Internet search has not turned up a great deal.
Thank you.

Controller Sens: 7
FFB Torque: 4
FFB Sens: 2

The consensus is not to go above 4 on FFB torque for a lot of wheels because you’ll end up with a loss of detail due to clipping.

FFB sens doesn’t make much of a difference on the G29 but I saw a couple alien types using 2 so I’ve been running it since launch.

The infamous controller sensitivity — does it make a difference on wheels? You’ll hear yes and no in equal measure around here. But I run it at maximum and old habits die hard.

It feels the same to me. Might be worth mentioning that feedback often gets screwed up when waking the console from rest mode so if you do that, take the USB out and put it back in to re-calibrate it.

My settings are 2-10 but these settings are very subjective. What works for one person might be garbage for another.

Welcome to GTP too.:gtpflag:

I was using 7/4/10 since launch but recently dropped torque down and now I have 7/2/10. The wheel is pretty light now but it allows some extra surface detail to come through and it now rattles when understeering.

It's also easier to countersteer now. The lightness is closer to what I use in rally games and I have found a lighter wheel suits my driving style better.

The infamous controller sensitivity — does it make a difference on wheels? You’ll hear yes and no in equal measure around here. But I run it at maximum and old habits die hard.

I was going to ask what it does but I don't think I'll bother :)

I'm running torque at 4, and sensitivity at 10. May drop torque to 3 tonight, and see how things are with a slightly lighter wheel.

I've not seen any real difference with controller sensitivity. So I've left it at 2.

Haven't notice any changes with FFB with my G29.

However my settings are 7-4-10.

I think the "Controller Sensitivity" setting is producing placebo effect in people. Manual states this affects the "Wireless Controller", AKA DualShock. I've tried going from 7 down to -2, and I see and feel zero difference in steering with the wheel. On the DualShock it is, expectedly, a night and day difference.

So, I just asked in my racing group if anyone leaves their G29 plugged in while in rest mode. Well, four Thrustmaster users came back and said that they NEVER plug in or unplug their T150/T300s when the PS4 is in rest OR on. They say it breaks the wheels. One said he lost a T300 plugging it in while the PS4 was on.

I plugged in/unplugged daily a DFGT for five years and a G29 for three years with the PS4 on and never had an issue.

Anyone else heard of this?

So, I just asked in my racing group if anyone leaves their G29 plugged in while in rest mode. Well, four Thrustmaster users came back and said that they NEVER plug in or unplug their T150/T300s when the PS4 is in rest OR on. They say it breaks the wheels. One said he lost a T300 plugging it in while the PS4 was on.

I plugged in/unplugged daily a DFGT for five years and a G29 for three years with the PS4 on and never had an issue.

Thrustmaster owner here, I've heard about Rest Mode being a no-no, but you can unplug the wheel as long as you haven't launched and opened a game, but most people I know (including G29 owners) also do it the way your friends do for that added precaution.

From the FAQ section:
Untitled.png

Thrustmaster owner here, I've heard about Rest Mode being a no-no, but you can unplug the wheel as long as you haven't launched and opened a game, but most people I know (including G29 owners) also do it the way your friends do for that added precaution.

From the FAQ section:
View attachment 813197

Whoa!:eek: That's the first I've heard of this so thanks for the heads up.

Luckily I have to set the wheel and seat up before each game and then turn the console on but all the people with fixed rigs should pay close attention to it. Good info.👍👍

I'm running torque at 4, and sensitivity at 10. May drop torque to 3 tonight, and see how things are with a slightly lighter wheel.

I've not seen any real difference with controller sensitivity. So I've left it at 2.

Update. Feels far too light at 3. I may put it up to 5 after work, and see how that feels. A little worried it'll start clipping. We shall see.

Controller Sens: 7
FFB Torque: 4
FFB Sens: 2

The consensus is not to go above 4 on FFB torque for a lot of wheels because you’ll end up with a loss of detail due to clipping.

FFB sens doesn’t make much of a difference on the G29 but I saw a couple alien types using 2 so I’ve been running it since launch.

Thank you, I will try these.

I didnt notice any change. Sure something has been improved?
The tyre grip seems better. The wheel certainly goes lighter at times.
I was not looking for it, it just seemed to change with a recent update.

I always leave my G29 connected in rest mode. Is this wrong? May explain the difference in ffb as I power PS4 down every few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
^Not only with GTS but with all games.
As a rule of thumb, I always unplug my G29 from the PS4 and PC whenever I sleep/hibernate/rest mode/standby.... It always needs to re-calibrate once the PS4 or PC turn ON again. So I plug it after when they have turned ON again.
I have been doing that since the start when I noticed issues and never faced any issue again.
Cheers!

I have always disconnected my wheels whenever I was done playing them.
Oh and I do feel the wheel heavier but sensivity is still weak (no feeling on rumbles or road surfaces)

Back