G29 + SF19 Steering Rotation

• Thread starter Bruunz
  • 7 comments
Australia
Australia
So trying to qualify for Race C and im really struggling with the SF19. It is the first time ive used it however I feel like im constantly battling under steer.

Watching replays etc etc and people can place the car how i expect to place it but for some reason i just cant do it.

then i started mucking around and realised that the steering rotation for the G29 seems off. I started getting better times but having to do 180deg turns on the wheel.

Is this the normal behavior? Is it only G29 specific as its always auto adjusted?

See video below for how much more steering angle is beyond 90 deg

Or do i need to just get good?

always felt fine for me. the video also looks fine to me. tight corners you definitely need to rotate 180 which is the max rotation for the SF.

Hang on, I had no idea about this and had to check in game to make sure I understood correctly.

Basically you can turn the (G29) wheel PAST what shows on screen as maximum steering lock....... I thought that using the G29 in all cars there was no point in turning the wheel further than 90 degrees, but apparently that is not the case.

I too felt that the SF was always a bit understeery compared to what others could do but I assumed it was just me. I'll happily use this as an excuse to explain my not great Fuji qualifying time.

Do any other cars do this? This could be huge!

always felt fine for me. the video also looks fine to me. tight corners you definitely need to rotate 180 which is the max rotation for the SF.

I guess i have to believe you. I just wonder if thrust-master or fanatec people have the same experience?

Hang on, I had no idea about this and had to check in game to make sure I understood correctly.

Basically you can turn the (G29) wheel PAST what shows on screen as maximum steering lock....... I thought that using the G29 in all cars there was no point in turning the wheel further than 90 degrees, but apparently that is not the case.

I too felt that the SF was always a bit understeery compared to what others could do but I assumed it was just me. I'll happily use this as an excuse to explain my not great Fuji qualifying time.

Not sure but i guess it would. I've rarely needed more than 90deg but not as excessive as 180deg.

I have had the g29 and the fanatec csl elite and now the thrustmaster t-gt wheel , and beeing able to adjust the rotation degrees like you can on fanatec and thrustmaster makes it easier to do a good qualification time , in my opinion that is .........

The steering scale is not the max steering angle. All cars turn more than the scale show.

Wut.
Mind. Blown. :dunce:

All this time I've been sabotaging my cars by not using the full steering available. Watch out aliens here I come :lol:

I think the scale shows the "best grip" turn angle. So if you need to use more angle, it usually leads to understeer.
Or that's how I feel it.

Back