G29 vs t300rs gt $400 budget

No idea what that is. Though, I'm not hard on the wheel. Very smooth inputs, not jerking it in any direction unless the car steps out which is rarely with me.

And why would they allow you to set such high settings if there's potential to damage the hardware? I wouldn't think PD would ignore such a thing.

I have a toaster that will burn the toast when set to full, I have an amplifier that would totally destroy my speakers if I cranked it full up. Just because a control goes up to 10 it doesn’t mean it should be used that way (unless you have a Marshall amplifier, always crank it up to 11!!! :) )
FFB is a bit like audio compression, crank it up and you get a strong response but you will lose detail and dynamic range.

I have a toaster that will burn the toast when set to full, I have an amplifier that would totally destroy my speakers if I cranked it full up. Just because a control goes up to 10 it doesn’t mean it should be used that way (unless you have a Marshall amplifier, always crank it up to 11!!! :) )
FFB is a bit like audio compression, crank it up and you get a strong response but you will lose detail and dynamic range.
As long as the car goes where I point it, I'm happy. Super low settings gives it a huge dead zone which I did not like at all.

To each their own. :)

As long as the car goes where I point it, I'm happy. Super low settings gives it a huge dead zone which I did not like at all.

True, but high feedback WILL shorten the life of your wheel. I’ve had my T500 for 5 years, I’ve always used it at around 30-50% depending on the game. I’ve known others with T300’s that like high FFB and their wheels didn’t last as long.
I’ve always found that high FFB made me slower and more prone to accidents. The real test though is to do 30mins practice with a low setting and then try to replicate you lap time with a high setting. But like you said if it works for you....

What I am curious about is if you still feel the cars losing grip and feeling the kerbs when you go over them? Because if I set my torque setting higher then 4 it feels like I start losing these details. And also like @Leggacy said it will shorten the lifetime (ofcourse this is another subject).

What I am curious about is if you still feel the cars losing grip and feeling the kerbs when you go over them? Because if I set my torque setting higher then 4 it feels like I start losing these details. And also like @Legaccy said it will shorten the lifetime (ofcourse this is just another subject).
Kerb feeling doesn't matter to me if the car doesn't turn when I want it to. I prefer to have a tight wheel.

Owned a few Logitech wheels for many years now, never had one fail. Don't expect this one to.

Thought I might just add, that I use low tourqe but high sensitivity, it’s worth having a play around to see what works for you but Tourqe@3 and sensitivity@8 seems to work for me.
When testing new settings don’t just immediately think it feels wrong and change it back, do some laps, at least 10 as a reference. then try the old setting for just as long. your lap times will show you what’s best.

No idea what that is. Though, I'm not hard on the wheel. Very smooth inputs, not jerking it in any direction unless the car steps out which is rarely with me.

And why would they allow you to set such high settings if there's potential to damage the hardware? I wouldn't think PD would ignore such a thing.

One of the smoothest drivers out there, good to see you are still around. Cheers mate, it’s been a long while. :cheers:

These are the setting that Fanatec suggests for GT Sport. I think this may finally prove that sensitivity 1 is max feel and 10 is max dampening like the video I posted above suggests.
B8B63AAF-A05A-4981-A4BA-F6A4CC3DB599.jpeg

Screenshot taken from here.
https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

These are the setting that Fanatec suggests for GT Sport. I think this may finally prove that sensitivity 1 is max feel and 10 is max dampening like the video I posted above suggests.
View attachment 817009

Screenshot taken from here.
https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discu...net&utm_campaign=General+Links&a_aid=gtplanet

Even if you read the gt thing on the screen that explains the setting, it says a higher ffb sens setting means duller feel when hard cornering. Idk why its so disputed honestly lol.

So far ive found 3 torque 4 sens to be perfect for me on g29 and will leave it that way for now. When my friend changed to my settings he said he didnt notice a difference but i thought he drove better after he put sens down to 4 from 8.

Last edited:
I'm debating whether to upgrade my DFGT to a G29 or T300 but I'm worried about compatibility with a PS5. I don't want to spend 250$-400$ on a new wheel only to replace it a year or 2 from now.

I run FFB Torque 2 and sensititvity 9 on my DFGT. Too much torque and I found I would not turn in as aggressively as I could because the resistance stopped me from turning in that extra little bit.

I'm debating whether to upgrade my DFGT to a G29 or T300 but I'm worried about compatibility with a PS5. I don't want to spend 250$-400$ on a new wheel only to replace it a year or 2 from now.

I run FFB Torque 2 and sensititvity 9 on my DFGT. Too much torque and I found I would not turn in as aggressively as I could because the resistance stopped me from turning in that extra little bit.

G29 since new year. I use 1-3... i had the torque on 3 then 2 but went down to 1 for the exact reason you state. I found i was not turning in "hard" enough some times because of the amount of resistance for that last little bit. As for sensitivity i find lower than 3 and the wheel has a bit to much, um?, "action" for my liking.

G29 since new year. I use 1-3... i had the torque on 3 then 2 but went down to 1 for the exact reason you state. I found i was not turning in "hard" enough some times because of the amount of resistance for that last little bit. As for sensitivity i find lower than 3 and the wheel has a bit to much, um?, "action" for my liking.

This was my issue the first day. The wheel felt like it had alot of play in it. Once i got to 3/4 it felt like it stiffened up so there was enough resistance and not nearly as much play in the wheel.

What I am curious about is if you still feel the cars losing grip and feeling the kerbs when you go over them? Because if I set my torque setting higher then 4 it feels like I start losing these details. And also like @Leggacy said it will shorten the lifetime (ofcourse this is another subject).
Correction: Went in to experiment with settings last night and noticed I had Torque on 6 and Sensitivity on 10. Moved to 4/8 for now.

You almost have to adjust it car by car to if you like the wheel a caertain way regardless of what car your in. I had torque set to 3 for a long time, then I drove the old mustang and felt the torque was way too loose for that car, so I upped it to 5 and never changed it back.

Then I got in the new supra and @ 5 torque I could not keep the thing on the road, that's when I moved it down to 2.

2 in the Supra feels the same as 3 in a gr3 car.

Back