Game Demos for the PS3

I saw Imabikisou on the JPSN yesterday, but didn't download it. Didn't know what to make of it. I thought it would be too difficult to play since I thought it was a role playing game.

Il be downloading the Kai demo... I wonder if it will come to other stores aswell..

Do the characters speak in Japaniese or is it English with subtitles?

Robin

The demo for that horse racing game, GI Jockey 4 shown at TGS is now available on the Japanese store.

EDIT: Also, looks like there will not be an MGS:4 demo after all.

EDIT II: New Demos available in NA Store:
  • Folklore - “PlayStation Underground”
  • Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights

Here is what the PS Store listing says about the new demo for Folklore:

Dive deeper into the world of Folklore with the new Folklore™ “PlayStation Underground” demo where you will learn more about the characters and story of the game as you sample the game’s animated “comic book-like” cut scenes and play through the Fairy Realm as either Ellen or Keats.

BTW: It is 1.3 GB, and the Juiced 2 demo is 1 GB... if these demos keep growing that average file size number is going to have to get bumped. :)

EDIT: The demo for GT5:P is now available on the Japanese PS Store. Enjoy!!!!

Thee new PS3 game demos now available:

North Amercian Store:
  • TimeShift
  • Need For Speed: ProStreet
Euro Stores:
  • Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2008

First a quick reminder for those who rarely check other stores other than North America for demos. There are several new demos that have come out recently that are not currently available in the NA store:
  • Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
  • PixelJunk Monsters (Japanese)
  • Super Stardust HD
  • The Club
  • Yakuza 3: Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan (Demo 1 - 964 MB) (Japanese)
  • Yakuza 3: Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan (Demo 2 - 839 MB) (Japanese)

I played both demos for Yakuza 3 last night and must say I am entirely impressed!

I posted my thoughts on it in the PSN Store thread, so I'll just quote it here:

For fans of Sega's Yakuza series, they have posted two demos on the Japanese PSN Store for the upcoming Yakuza 3: Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan
Also, last week they also posted the latest trailer for the game on the Japanese PSN store and it's definitely worth checking out. It's nearly five minutes long and in full HD. The graphics are really impressive, and the character facial emotions are eerily lifelike.

GameTrailers has a copy of this trailer, but the quality isn't nearly as nice as the one on the PSN Store.

I played around with both demos last night and was really impressed. I don't understand Japanese and was unable to find an English translation, but other than the RPG elements, for the most part, much of it was quite intuitive.

I'll post a more detailed menu translation when I get the chance, but basically here are what the demos have to offer. Both demos share the same name, but to distinguish them from each other, they have different thumbnail and XMB title screen pics. You can also tell them apart by the file sizes.

The first one (964 MB) has only one mode, some kind of RPG mission mode within a village.

The second one (839 MB) has several modes:

Courting
  • Basically it appears you have the option of having a dinner date with one of two well endowed geisha like women, and based on your dinner selections and table conversations you will either fail or succeed in earning their "admiration". One thing this mode doesn't lack is plenty of gratuitous cleavage shots. :D
Horseback Archery
  • This is fun once you get the hang of it... but watch out for those fallen trees... they can cause quite a headache. ;)
Board Game
  • The way you play it reminds me of Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero. Basically you have to hit the right buttons in the right sequence and the better you get, the faster it goes.
Combat
  • It starts on a bridge where you are armed with dual samurai swords and must defeat half a doze or so enemies.
  • When you defeat them, the next "stage" is at night in a town square and now you are weaponless and must fight hand-to-hand against several enemies.
  • The next stage is at a temple courtyard, where once more you are armed with two samurai swords against a wide range of opponents including archers.
  • I didn't finish that stage so I'm not sure what follows it. Considering the full game has two additional types of fighting modes, Single Sword and Big Sword, I would not be surprised if following stages offer a sample of those as well.

Bottom line; it's one of, if not the best looking RPG/Action games I've seen and also looks like it has an interesting story and backdrop to go along with it. If Sega decides to make an English version of this game I'm fairly certain I would buy it. 👍

Also, has anyone had any problems installing the multi-player demo for TimeShift? I keep getting error messages and am wondering if it is conflicting with the previous demo for TimeShift which I installed a month earlier. I was going to delete the first demo and then install the multi-player demo, but now I see it has been removed from the North American store listings.

Both demos are still available in the Euro stores, so I suppose I could always download it from there.

Anyway, just curious if others have had a problem installing the multi-player edition, and for those that have not had a problem installing it, which store did you download it from, and do you also have the first demo of TimeShift already installed?

Thanks!

It's been a while, so besides all the new demos for the NA store, here are the latest demos that are available at other stores, but not North America:

• Everybody's Golf 5

• 616 MB (only available in EU Stores)

Here in the states it's called Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, and in Europe it's called Everybody's Golf: World Tour.
  • Armored Core for Answer

• 517 MB (only available in HK & JP Stores)

This looks like it might be a really fun game. The videos for it certainly have been impressive. Unfortunately the demo seems very limited, and is all in Japanese.
  • LAIR

• 1.9 GB (only available in HK Store - but in English)

It seems Sony snuck this exclusive demo onto the HK store at the same time they posted the recent update for Lair.
  • Metal Gear Online (beta)

• 1.6 GB (only available in EU Stores)

For more details on this beta please look at Solid Lifter's excellent thread on the subject.
  • Siren: New Translation

• 545 MB (only available in HK & JP Stores - but in English)

While all the dialogue and most of the menus are in English, some of the menus are not.
      However, don't let that put you off... if you like games like Silent Hill, this is right up your alley. 👍
      In addition, the sound effects are REALLY creepy for this game, especially for those playing it with a 5.1-7.1 surround sound system.
      BTW: This is what all the hoopla was about regarding the mysterious countdown clock on the Japanese Playstation website.

Very nice! I have been looking around the net for a list just like this.

Is it possible to get a demo for a game even after it has been taken off of the PSN? Like off the PC then transferred to your ps3? I'm really not happy that I missed out on GT-HD and GT5 Prologue demos.

Very nice! I have been looking around the net for a list just like this.

Is it possible to get a demo for a game even after it has been taken off of the PSN? Like off the PC then transferred to your ps3? I'm really not happy that I missed out on GT-HD and GT5 Prologue demos.

AFAIK you can still get GT-HD, and I think if someone else got the GT5P demo and let you use their PSN for a second to get to their download list, you could get it, but I'm not sure.

From,
Chris.

Here are the latest new demos since my last update:

UPDATE: I just finished playing around with the Fatal Inertia EX demo and unlike many demos, it has several different gameplay modes, including single player, multi-player split-screen, and multi-player online. 👍

The graphics are decent, but the real star is the superb 5.1 DTS audio! If you have a decent sound system, this demo is definitely worth cranking it up for. :)👍

Thats a pretty good list of free demos. I also just noticed the GTP5 demo isnt available any more. I will have to check out the Haze demo for sure. Most of the other ones are on the 360.

And to think, there's even more since that post, Battlefield: Bad Company being one of them, it's pretty fun but it seems to take forever to get anywhere unlike CoD4.

From,
Chris.

Here are the latest demos released in June:
  • Battlefield: Bad Company
  • NASCAR 09
  • Sid Meir's Civilization Revolution
  • Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars
  • Hail to the Chimp
  • NCAA Football 09
  • Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
  • Top Spin 3
  • Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3

It was also reported from one member here that the demo for Monster Madness: Grave Danger was made available for a few seconds on the Euro PSN store a couple weeks ago, but as I have not seen any confirmation of this, perhaps they were either mistaken, or it was just an add for it.

I have not been around lately so I thought I better play catchup:

July
  • Siren: Blood Curse
  • Monster Madness: Grave Danger
  • WALL-E
  • Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
  • Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
  • Elefunk
  • PixelJunk Eden
  • LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
  • Madden NFL 09
  • Facebreaker

August
  • Vampire Rain: Aletered Species
  • NHL 2K9
  • Tiger Wood PGA Tour 09
  • Bionic Commando: Rearmed
  • 1942 Joint Strike
  • STAR WARS The Force Unleashed
  • NFL Head Coach 09
  • The Last Guy
  • NHL 09
  • SOULCALIBUR IV

September
  • Pure
  • FIFA 09
  • Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
  • Fracture
  • Mercenaries 2
  • Angel Love Online (only available in JP Store)
  • NBA 09
  • NBA Live 09
  • Mega Man 9
  • Beijing 2008

October
  • Cross Edge (only available in JP Store)
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (not available in NA Store)
  • Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway
  • BioShock
  • Eternal Sonata
  • NBA 2K9
  • Warhawk
  • Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars
  • MotorStorm Pacific Rift
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • LEGO Batman: The Videogame

157 Demos!!!!:crazy:

I only got about 20 of them downloaded and installed in my PS3 system. Also the Batman demo is great fun.

Played Elefunk demo and it wasnt worth my 410mb of download. The game is fantastic but...the demo has only two of about fifty levels available. Therefore you download the full game but waste several hundred mb on wasted game that you cant play.

Batman Demo Question:

How do you get all the cannisters? You could always get them all before, in the previous demos. Now, it appears you need different 'costumes' to perform specific tasks, and not all the costumes are available in the demo, thus preventing you from completing the stage with everything unlocked or obtained.

I noticed there are glass windows that require a 'sonic-type' costume that breaks the glass, and another character that can slide under tight spaces. What gives? Once I complete the level, it just ends. Normally, you get to play through again, with previous unlocked or found items retained, but not this time.

Anybody play the Valkyria demo? Man, that game is awesome. I'm tempted to buy the full version. IGN even gave it a 9.4

Just a quick heads-up: Last night I noticed they released a demo for MGS4 on the Japanese PSN store. I downloaded it, but have not played it yet to see if it offers an English language option, but maybe they'll be releasing an English version for other regions today or in the near future?

Just a quick heads-up: Last night I noticed they released a demo for MGS4 on the Japanese PSN store. I downloaded it, but have not played it yet to see if it offers an English language option, but maybe they'll be releasing an English version for other regions today or in the near future?

Hmm seems a bit late for that now, but still a welcome addition. I wonder why they never patched that game for Trophies.

November
  • Alone in the Dark: Inferno
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Tom Clancy's End War
  • WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2009
  • Metal Gear Solid 4 (only available in Asian PSN Stores, but in English)
  • NCAA Football 09
  • MotoGP 08
  • GTI Club+ Cote D'Azur
  • Dead Space

December
  • Flock
  • Namco Museum Arcade (only available in Asian PSN Stores, but in English)
  • Metal Gear Online
  • Sonic Unleashed
  • Lord of the Rings: Conquest
  • Wipeout HD

Last edited:
January
  • Skate 2
  • F.E.A.R. 2
  • Bejeweled 2

February
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Killzone 2
  • 3 on 3 NHL Arcade
  • MLB 09: The Show
  • MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (v2.0)
  • Zuma
  • Afro Samurai
  • Yakuza 3 (Ryu ga Gotoku 3) (only available in Asian PSN Stores)
  • Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
  • MLB 2K9

March
  • Wanted: Weapons of Fate
  • Watchmen: The End is Nigh
  • Age of Booty
  • WWE Legends of Wrestlemania
  • Wheelman
  • The Chronicles of Riddick
  • Red Baron Arcade
  • Crystal Defenders (Japanese)
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Ultimate Edition