Game download after demo...

• Thread starter rex1825
  • 21 comments
Just wondering if I should keep demo game, that is if the retail/digital one will download only difference to the demo, or will it fully download from 0?

Can't find info anywhere...

Thanks...
I would like to know the answer to this as well. I don't think anyone knows. You would think you wouldn't have to delete the demo because it's pretty much the full game but just locked.

Can you let us know if you find out?

:)

It will very likely be a new package you have to download. I doubt the PS4 offers functions to developers that allow them to copy game files of already installed packages to other folders. Plus that might cause issues when something doesn't copy properly etc and than people start complaining that installation doesn't work. They like to have a smooth as possible rollout and that would involve a full package to be downloaded and installed.

I read somewhere here that the system will download patch and adds the licence file but I can't get an official confirmation !

That is of course for your digital ordre.

I think the demo is basically the locked version of full game. Just an update will unlock the game and may be add some features if you are purchasing digital copy

This pretty much, PSN demos tend to be the actual full game with a digital lock in place. So upon digital purchase you should get a key that unlocks it unless there were massive changes to the digital package. Even then they will more than likely institute a patch on what you already downloaded, thereby reducing over consumption of your bandwidth.

This has been my experience in my myriad of downloads and seeing them on my list as demos and keys.

:grumpy: If that's true, then my chances of playing on Tuesday are pretty much nill!

It's annoying but this is the time we are in, games are far more complicated than ever in design and this leads to either having lengthy gestation periods of testing to stamp out all bugs(impossible by virtue humans are imperfect beings). Also even some small fixes requires massive patches to address that fix but other things that probably get out of wack due to fix, that's the complexity part. I think we need more simpler games, too many complex titles coming out requiring monstrous patches either that or the world sets a basic internet standard that all nation should adhere to.(the odds of that happening is nil, nations can barely agree on basic human rights.)

There is a day one patch of 10-11gb (confirmed from the guy that just picked up disc). So I think this will add to the existing demo. Personally I would keep the demo installed until the day (Just incase) 👍

p.s I don't like deleting things. I still have original PT demo and the GTS Beta from the summer! :ill:

Don't think we will download 43gb again. Its pretty stupid if its like that.

I took the plunge going digital. Would be a massive klpd if 43gb needs to be downloaded again.

Don't think we will download 43gb again. Its pretty stupid if its like that.

I took the plunge going digital. Would be a massive klpd if 43gb needs to be downloaded again.

I have access to the game early and can confirm that the game will be downloaded again, with the 1.01 patch. Sorry I can't share more info.

Edit: I don't know if something will change until the game releases so you can keep the demo just in case.

I have access to the game early and can confirm that the game will be downloaded again, with the 1.01 patch. Sorry I can't share more info.

Edit: I don't know if something will change until the game releases so you can keep the demo just in case.
I am screwed then ****. 43 again oh lord.

The demo is the ß version, I know this is a double S; but PD might’ve used it a short and fancy way to say «Beta version». Doubt you’ll want that to be the full game version, huh?

My guess it will be second download, all our saved game is saved online. So when start the for game first time it will load our saved game through our PSN account.

It's a full second download.

Double-S is ß. Polyphony is using β, which is the Greek letter "Beta".
Yeah so I was right then, I just missed one tiny detail on the letter :P

Back