Game jumping mid race?

• Thread starter Jays182
  • 140 comments
A small number? Hmm...

Well I'm now on ps5 (sony and pd won) and have had no freezing issues at all. I still see ps4 player jittering. Was kind of hoping this issue would be gone from my pov.

You have to love how PD try to minimize the issue. I would imagine it's actually a significant number of users.

I actually did start looking for a PS5 but they are still very scarce and very expensive in my part of Canada for some reason.

Hosted my first-ever lobby last night as a good friend finally bought GT7 and I had a freeze in pretty much every one of the 10 or more races we did. He had no issues on his PS4 using a Logitech G29.

This has always happened to me in online races when someone quits the race in the middle of it. Or if someone joins/exits the track during practice. But never in offline mode.
I have a PS4 slim and I suppose this is about the PS4 being short of power - Can't handle the game whilst an extra car gets added to the race at the same time, so the "solution" (poor one) is to freeze the game for a brief moment, add the car, then resume.
It is obviously a game made more with PS5 in mind.

Last edited:
It is obviously a game made more with PS5 in mind.
Yes it was, months before the release it was going to be a PS5 game exclusively and in the few months before it was released, PD changed mind and tweaked the software to also have PS4 Version and compatibility, which in my humble opinion, it is what buggered it.
I would have been happy to go buy a PS5 just to play this, but when we were told it was going to be for both platforms I breathed easier not having to spend 600-800 for a 5, but now I am sort of forced to do just that to be able to play ....

Yesterday I olayed after long time ago and i got same issue..is impossible to have a good result if you randomly lost 1 or 2 secs per lap.
I am using ps4 with gt installed in exrernal hdd

Anyone that has this issue, is their PS4/pro extremely hot. Only place I can put mine is in the TV cabinet and even with an open front the air inside was very warm. Plus the fan would be going full bore.
I used to Mod & Overclock PC's a few years ago and would always benchmark test what ever I did. If it reached the Threshold you'd either notice stutters, poor graphics or crashes. Going off this I'd thought I'd try something cheap & easy.
Purchased a set of those 3d printed legs (sold cheap on most sites)
Purchased a USB to (2 way) 3 pin fan plug
Found a 120mm & an 80mm spare fans from my old stuff.
Cut a plastic bottle to direct the hot air via the wire access hole back of the cabinet. (Will make something better at a later date)
I placed the 120mm front corner near the usb sockets draw fresh air diagonally across the console. The 80mm I had near the back corner pulling the hot air from the back and sending it out via the Duct.
Has it got rid of the freezes in Gt7- No.
Has it reducd the freezes in Gt7- Yes (I believe)
As I like modding things I thought the next step would be to strip down a clean inside, replacement of the Thermal paste and some thermal pads.
Only done short racing on Gt7 since doing this but no sign of freezes. Will need much longer run time.
Would've been ideal to have a thermal camera or temp recorded before an after but that was something I didn't think of at the time.
I have just ordered 2 newer 120mm fans to replace current ones. Much higher flow. See how they go.

Anyone that has this issue, is their PS4/pro extremely hot. Only place I can put mine is in the TV cabinet and even with an open front the air inside was very warm. Plus the fan would be going full bore.
I used to Mod & Overclock PC's a few years ago and would always benchmark test what ever I did. If it reached the Threshold you'd either notice stutters, poor graphics or crashes. Going off this I'd thought I'd try something cheap & easy.
Purchased a set of those 3d printed legs (sold cheap on most sites)
Purchased a USB to (2 way) 3 pin fan plug
Found a 120mm & an 80mm spare fans from my old stuff.
Cut a plastic bottle to direct the hot air via the wire access hole back of the cabinet. (Will make something better at a later date)
I placed the 120mm front corner near the usb sockets draw fresh air diagonally across the console. The 80mm I had near the back corner pulling the hot air from the back and sending it out via the Duct.
Has it got rid of the freezes in Gt7- No.
Has it reducd the freezes in Gt7- Yes (I believe)
As I like modding things I thought the next step would be to strip down a clean inside, replacement of the Thermal paste and some thermal pads.
Only done short racing on Gt7 since doing this but no sign of freezes. Will need much longer run time.
Would've been ideal to have a thermal camera or temp recorded before an after but that was something I didn't think of at the time.
I have just ordered 2 newer 120mm fans to replace current ones. Much higher flow. See how they go.
Hello Mate
I've sent my PS4 to a full clean and new thermal paste, but the issue still happens. It's very random, sometimes just a minor freeze, sometimes 3 seconds
It is happening a litte less now, but still

I did about 90mins of daily race A today. And it didn't freeze once. Found a thermal temp scanner. And my temps coming out the back of the cabinet are 18'c. Not done a test without the fans running. But will do some time this week.

I can't see it being just a temperature issue, because in my case I only get these freezes in online races, not online time trials, not single player races etc.
But hopefully now that PD has recognized the issue (despite them claiming it only happens when using Fanatec devices), it will get fixed in the next update.

As said.
Yes it was, months before the release it was going to be a PS5 game exclusively and in the few months before it was released, PD changed mind and tweaked the software to also have PS4 Version and compatibility, which in my humble opinion, it is what buggered it.
I would have been happy to go buy a PS5 just to play this, but when we were told it was going to be for both platforms I breathed easier not having to spend 600-800 for a 5, but now I am sort of forced to do just that to be able to play ....
Now the processing power of the PS5 is far better than the PS4.
( Think it's about 2.5 times )
When the Chips are pushed to their limits they will generate alot of heat and will reduce its ability to perform at its peak. Gt7 has lots of minor stuff in it we don't realise. Only noticed yesterday the crowd walking about in the stands. Also Remember seeing something in the trailer about kangaroos at Bathurst. But all the stuff the console has to deal with and maybe the fanatec issue will be causing the chips to process more than required.
Think of the heat as a by product of what's going on. Reduce the heat and it will perform much more efficient.
Nb: But since I've replaced the thermal paste & pads (added extra) and the fan blowing cool air over and another drawing the hot air out the back I've not had 1 in race freeze. I used to get freezes every other race, both online & offline against the a.i.
Only freeze I still have is the one waiting for race during warmup. Which has only been once so far.
But just going off my experience it seems it's processing power being pushed to its threshold limit. Helping keep it cooler has worked for me.

Last edited:
A small number? Hmm...

Well I'm now on ps5 (sony and pd won) and have had no freezing issues at all. I still see ps4 player jittering. Was kind of hoping this issue would be gone from my pov.
Welcome to the club. Hope it's more enjoyable an experience for you now.

i have freezing most every race. Tried everything, seemed to start after this last update. i had to give up on GT 7 and go back to GT Sport. same PS4 but no freezing using Sport.

Had this freezing hit a new high during last night's league racing. Typically I will experience it once, maybe twice in a night of 6 races. But last night I was at a record seven times in three races! Was also having a lot of jittering cars so performed a system reboot. Shut off the PS4 (pro) for 5 minutes or however long it took to reboot the router. Restarted the console and ran a network test, launched game and finally powered up the CLS Elite wheel. Don't know if this procedure helped or not, but it only occurred once for the remaining races. As for the jittering cars.. didn't help at all.

Since I cleaned & replaced thermal paste & added fans to my cabinet I'd not had any jittering or freezes. Has been over 2 weeks. Usually did it daily.
But last night in an online race (le man's) it froze just the once. Past 2 + weeks had been playing the game for several hours using fanatec wheel.

If it still happens to anyone. I have changed the SSD to a reguler HDD, and the issue is gone for more than 10 days now

It's Baaaaaaack,

The infamous freeze / lag glitch is back, I have been doing the latest race C and this problem has come back right after PD cut the race from 12 laps to 6, that very next day I had experienced the 2 second freeze where you hear sounds but screen is frozen then you are 2-3 seconds back and anyone in front of you will skip away in a shower of sparks like they all bottomed out at same time.
I believe when PD modified race C from 12 to 6 laps they broke some code and we have glitch probs again.

Back