Game Music = CrapMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ash6660
  • 45 comments
  • 2,014 views
Messages
306
who else here in this educated Forum full of stupidness agrees that computer Game Music is poo?

Yet again, there are probably more threads with this topic, but yet again, I don't care cos I don't mind admitting that I am plain ignorant to most of the crap written on this site. I really can't be bothered to wade through cess-pit upon cess-pit of chat to find out if some one else has said something similar to me, because quite frankly, I have a life, and GT4 to play.

Which brings me to my first point. The music in GT4 is crap...it is utter crap. I think I can only name 2 good (enough) songs in GT4:

The Blasters - So Long Baby Goodbye
Earth, Wind and Fire - Getaway

The rest is pathetic pants sucking twaddle. Another game that makes you want to drill a hole through your head due to terrible music is Burnout 3. It is all crap.

Yet another bad soundtrack (to equally bad games) is the NFSU 1 + 2 series. The first thing that springs to mind when i hear it is Chav, and my suspiscions are only confirmed that the game is Chav central when i see a modded up Toyota Supra with 20's and a spoiler so big that it needs it's own insurance roll onto the screen.

Any other bad games (or any games) with bad music need to be destroyed, and a list of them needs to be made so future generations won't destroy the world with the same mistakes of soundtrack choice that their ancestors chose for them.the future rests in our fate...

[Ok, so the last paragraph was dramatised]

Any thoughts of bad soundtracks?
 
game developers have to create something that would appeal to the masses, problem is theyr mostly japanese and have a distorted impression on international opinion. they need a soundtrack that fits the overall theme of a game and need to please the majority of the people playing. of course there are the certain minority who are stuck in a decade/genre that strongly disagree but thats just tough, developers cant add the best of everyones opinion thats impossible and it doesnt help that they are so misinformed and mostly add the more commercialised, simple, untalented trash. there are only a select few decent songs i find in most games, the other songs slowly get ticked off as i get ever increasingly bored with hearing the same old dross.
 
There are some games with great sound tracks though, wipeout 2097, guardian heroes, nights in to dreams, Halo 1 and 2, ninja gaiden, castlevania SOTN, ummmm uhhhhh and probably more XD.

But yes, bad sound tracks suck, burnout 3's was APPALING, thank god for the custom sound tracks on the xbox one :D.
 
GT4 is a great game with a poor soundtrack. Easiest way round it. Turn the volume down to zero and put your own selection, or better still have no music and listen to the sounds effects.
 
They´re not crap, they´re just not your kind of music. Burnout 3 has a great soundtrack in my opinion, it fits the game really well. I haven´t played GT4 yet but based on the playlists of the game I have seen on the web, I´m sure I´ll like most songs on it.

And the game with the best soundtrack in my opinion is GTA Vice City, by far.
 
FatAssBR
They´re not crap, they´re just not your kind of music. Burnout 3 has a great soundtrack in my opinion, it fits the game really well. I haven´t played GT4 yet but based on the playlists of the game I have seen on the web, I´m sure I´ll like most songs on it.

QOTSA, Eagles of death metal, Feeder, Jet, The Hives, Judas Priest, Joe Satriani, Hundred Reasons (ooo emo) and Buncha other tracks I like. Granted there is some stuff I don't like but I just removed what I didn't like and added the stuff I did.

And the game with the best soundtrack in my opinion is Katamari Damacy, by far.

Changed for truth. ;)
 
Race Idiot
QOTSA, Eagles of death metal, Feeder, Jet, The Hives, Judas Priest, Joe Satriani, Hundred Reasons (ooo emo) and Buncha other tracks I like. Granted there is some stuff I don't like but I just removed what I didn't like and added the stuff I did.



Changed for truth. ;)

Feeder = Yay
Also alot o ROCK

Burnout music sucks, Crash Fm totally lames

Btw nice sig man
 
FatAssBR
And the game with the best soundtrack in my opinion is GTA Vice City, by far.
Vice City soundtracks owns hard! Period. :sly:
 
As said, just remove the crap from the playlist and it's not that bad for GT4.
(I never, ever want to hear slip n slide again :crazy: )

As for other games soundtracks, GT2 was great IMO, Wipeout series are top notch, and you could even have good music on old SNES titles (FFII, FFIII, Rock'n'Roll racing), even if it was midi music.
 
Yeah, Rock´n´Roll [EDIT]Racing[/EDIT] midi songs pwn! 👍
 
FatAssBR
They´re not crap, they´re just not your kind of music.
Exactly. Personally, I've liked the Gran Turismo soundtrack, but I don't like music while driving in GT games. Just sound effects for me. :)
 
Tony Hawk soundtracks always rule. few others that are good: Halo 1 and 2, SSX3, GTAVC, GTASA, Agressive Inline, the Metallica game coming out sometime, (ready for flames) Backyard Wrestling (sp?) 1 and 2, etc. etc.
 
I cant stand Gt4's soundtrack or nearly and songs off any games for that matter.
 
I don't like music in game that has words. It's distracting. That's what made NFSU's soundtrack so great, the words were either too quiet or garbled to understand, or there were none. And when you're flying down a stretch of road at 180mph with nothing but a blurry mess of lights and the odd vehicle in front of you, you don't want to be distracted. I think this is where many other racing games (NFSU 2, SRS, any other racing game) have fallen, but other than that I find that most games have a sufficient soundtrack. On some I've noticed that soundtracks aren't even used, or don't kick in until you leave the game in pasue for like an hour and then resume, forcing the PC/Console to reload EVERYTHING and then include the music. Bloody annoying. Midtown Madness 2 and Half Life were quite bad for that.
 
I'm just like you PS, when I really am concentrating music is more of a distraction. Whenever I do hotlaps in GT4, music always slows me down. It doesnt bother me as much during normal races.
 
I turned the music of Enthusia off, but that´s because its soundtrack sucks.
 
What kind of bands are on the Enthusia soundtrack?
 
None! It´s japanese elevator songs.
 
stumpydino
game developers have to create something that would appeal to the masses, problem is theyr mostly japanese and have a distorted impression on international opinion. they need a soundtrack that fits the overall theme of a game and need to please the majority of the people playing. of course there are the certain minority who are stuck in a decade/genre that strongly disagree but thats just tough, developers cant add the best of everyones opinion thats impossible and it doesnt help that they are so misinformed and mostly add the more commercialised, simple, untalented trash. there are only a select few decent songs i find in most games, the other songs slowly get ticked off as i get ever increasingly bored with hearing the same old dross.

Yes I agree. The game developers need neutral music. Which means, its not to punky, not to rocky, not too rappy. Its just there to give a lil vibe when racing, nothing special. I mean, they want you to concentrate on the racing not on the music. So if theyd put a nice song in there, it wouldnt be very good.
And indeed japanese people dont know much about music, cept for the technology.

Some games have very good music. Im talking about the theme songs of games. Not songs by other bands like in GT4. Like the new splinter cell music, that guy must have a bunch of talent, more than 50 cent and stupidnuts out there have.
People need to listen closely, and forget about their favorite artist and their favorite music direction and just listen to the music which is supposed to fit the game and not the majority of the people on this earth.

I mean think about, what if theyd play 50 cents worst song and the song that just killed hip hop on Resident Evil.
 
K_Speed
And indeed japanese people dont know much about music, cept for the technology.
I think that's stereotyping. I know more Japanese people who know and are into music than they know technology/hi-tech. Also, there are great Japanese musicians of all genre. Only reason you've never heard of them are because they are not marketed to your country. Main reason they don't get marketed in your country is due to the language barrier.
 
ash6660
who else here in this educated Forum full of stupidness agrees that computer Game Music is poo?

Yet again, there are probably more threads with this topic, but yet again, I don't care cos I don't mind admitting that I am plain ignorant to most of the crap written on this site. I really can't be bothered to wade through cess-pit upon cess-pit of chat to find out if some one else has said something similar to me, because quite frankly, I have a life, and GT4 to play.
First of all, there was no need to mention this. It had no relevance to the topic what-so-ever, and your own thoughts on this site should be kept as your own thoughts, or posted in the Site Feedback forum.

Onto the topic at hand, I agree that Vice City had the best video game music (that I've heard anyway). San Andreas also had a good soundtrack, although I didn't like the majority of it.

I think FIFA 2005's soundtrack is utter pants. The rock on the soundtrack is excruciatingly boring and unmotivated, and the majority of it is filled with second rate dance music. I mean, they remixed a classic INXS song (even though I'm not a big fan of INXS) into a poor dance track. I suppose the only thing you could say is: "Welcome to England". Other than that, I've never really taken notice of much. GT3's soundtrack was poor. GTA 3 had its good and bad moments. That's about it from me.
 
Vice citys is good, but I prefer original scores, that's why Guardian Heroes probs has the best I've ever heard, a mad fussion of rock, jazz and classical, utter genius.
 
a6m5
I think that's stereotyping. I know more Japanese people who know and are into music than they know technology/hi-tech. Also, there are great Japanese musicians of all genre. Only reason you've never heard of them are because they are not marketed to your country. Main reason they don't get marketed in your country is due to the language barrier.

Yeah, I respect what youre saying not being marketed in other countires.

What I meant was that the average people in japan, not japanese in other countreis, arnt very educated when it comes to music. I mean its the same in Iran (im half persian), or a lot of other countries.

There is one japanese musician i very like, he made the some theme stuff in Kill Bill, good stuff. Forgot his name though...

Wasnt trying to stereotype!
 
K_Speed
Yeah, I respect what youre saying not being marketed in other countires.

What I meant was that the average people in japan, not japanese in other countreis, arnt very educated when it comes to music. I mean its the same in Iran (im half persian), or a lot of other countries.

There is one japanese musician i very like, he made the some theme stuff in Kill Bill, good stuff. Forgot his name though...

Wasnt trying to stereotype!
I was talking about the Japanese people, who live in Japan though. Looks like you might be thinking Japanese are not educated in music, but from what I've seen in person and on TV, in average, Japanese are more educated in music than most other countries. Rock to Classic, they know their stuff, too.......................... except Hip Hop :D

I'm glad, you didn't mean anything by your post. Thanks for clarifying! :)
 
For me it depends on what kind of game I'm playing. If it's an arcade-like racer, I'll stick music on (God bless Xbox and its Custom Soundtrack feature), but if I'm playing an atmospheric, tense game, such as Metal Gear Solid or Halo, I usually find the music on there to be suited perfectly.
 
Quake I also had an awesome soundtrack done by Trent Reznor, those were the best atmospheric (and creepy) tracks I've ever heard in any game. 👍
 
I'm not lovin the sound track to GT4 either, but there is enough okay stuff on it to make it bearable. Van Halen for the opening video isn't a bad thing but that was the wrong song imo. I think they should have used "Unchained". That's a way better driving tune.

Of course what is the big factor that controls the music that goes into these games? The record company that owns them of course. I'm sure that most game developers have huge lists of music they'd love to put on their games but then when they start phoning around to aquire the license to use it...the record companies are slapping them with huge user fee's. I don't think many companies can afford to pile on an extra 5-10 million dollars just for the sound track.
 
I'm okay with the music in GT4. I always turn it off durng the races though. The only time I actually hear it is during replays & I hardly ever watch those anyways. The only thing that I dont like about the soundtrack is that they took good songs & f-ed them up. Like Papa Roach's "Getting Away With Murder". I was actually excited when I saw this in the list because I don't have the cd yet. So I clicked it & it's like a techno remix or something. Pure shat!
 
I was talking about the Japanese people, who live in Japan though.

Me too, look here: "What I meant was that the average people IN japan, not japanese in other countreis"
 
Back