Game Music = CrapMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter ash6660
  • 45 comments
  • 2,014 views
Sedated of the Ramones was a good song in the Burnout 3 soundtrack, the only one though...
 
smellysocks12
Sedated of the Ramones was a good song in the Burnout 3 soundtrack, the only one though...
I love Burnout 3´s soundtrack, have it on cd. 2 of them! :D
 
code_kev
That's not something you should tell people tbh.
Eh, why should I care about the opinion of a person who uses a pink Ferrari with green dots on it as an avatar? :P
 
Jimmy Enslashay
First of all, there was no need to mention this. It had no relevance to the topic what-so-ever, and your own thoughts on this site should be kept as your own thoughts, or posted in the Site Feedback forum.

Onto the topic at hand, I agree that Vice City had the best video game music (that I've heard anyway). San Andreas also had a good soundtrack, although I didn't like the majority of it.

I think FIFA 2005's soundtrack is utter pants. The rock on the soundtrack is excruciatingly boring and unmotivated, and the majority of it is filled with second rate dance music. I mean, they remixed a classic INXS song (even though I'm not a big fan of INXS) into a poor dance track. I suppose the only thing you could say is: "Welcome to England". Other than that, I've never really taken notice of much. GT3's soundtrack was poor. GTA 3 had its good and bad moments. That's about it from me.

Point taken, just normal arrogant obnoxous sarcastic me. Only joking bout, I love gtplanet really. The only thing with the san andreas soundtrack is that I can't buy the whole soundtrack, as I haven't found a box set yet with all the in game tracks on. Some of the tracks are crap, and all I have seen is one cd set in Virgin Megastores that has none of the good songs from K-DST Radio Station.

Another game with crudd music is Def Jam Vendetta (1 + 2)
 
If anyone here had the pleasure of playing Homeworld knows that not all game music equals worthless junk. In my opinion, it has the best orchestrated music in a videogame.

Some other titles come to mind:

Metal Gear Solid (all of them!)
God of War
Ace Combat 4 and 5
Final Fantasy (all of them!)
Dance Dance Revolution :)

Some of the worst music is in EA's Traxx games. Burnout 3, Madden, NBA Live, Def Jam, Need for Speed, etc. I don't know what these developers are thinking when they select their ridiculous songs. The first song that plays in Madden 2005 is "American Idiot" by Green Day. I know that some of you may like this song, but I do not like to be called an "idiot" by a punk band. Great choice EA! I'm sure the target audience for Madden just loves alternative punk rock. Need for Speed: Underground 2 is no different. It's more of a hack and slash here, as I have only the more successful DJ artists selected (Christopher Lawrence, Paul van Dyk, Fluke), all other songs are disabled. You would think a game like this would have more dance type songs, but no, half of the disc is filled with no-namer alternative music.
 
Viper Zero
If anyone here had the pleasure of playing Homeworld knows that not all game music equals worthless junk. In my opinion, it has the best orchestrated music in a videogame.

Some other titles come to mind:

Metal Gear Solid (all of them!)
God of War
Ace Combat 4 and 5
Final Fantasy (all of them!)
Dance Dance Revolution :)

Some of the worst music is in EA's Traxx games. Burnout 3, Madden, NBA Live, Def Jam, Need for Speed, etc. I don't know what these developers are thinking when they select their ridiculous songs. The first song that plays in Madden 2005 is "American Idiot" by Green Day. I know that some of you may like this song, but I do not like to be called an "idiot" by a punk band. Great choice EA! I'm sure the target audience for Madden just loves alternative punk rock. Need for Speed: Underground 2 is no different. It's more of a hack and slash here, as I have only the more successful DJ artists selected (Christopher Lawrence, Paul van Dyk, Fluke), all other songs are disabled. You would think a game like this would have more dance type songs, but no, half of the disc is filled with no-namer alternative music.

splinter cell is also another well orchestrated video game, as well as the obvious and already mentioned Metal Gear Solid 2, which i have learnt to play on Keyboards to give the suspense feel

SSX3 was also another badly choiced soundtrack by EA
 
i'm not going to discuss about personal music preferences, but tell me this?

Why does almost EVERY race game have a tracklist with mostly 90% rock???? :yuck:
I hate rock, so I always turn of the music. I love engine sounds, so it's not a big problem :)
BUT, when I drive around in my car in real life I ALWAYS listen to HipHop and R&B, it's just so much more relaxing.

The only race games that have hiphop music (that I own) are NFSU2 and GTA:SA (radio los santos & bounce i think)....that's it.

With NFSU2 i immediatly turned of all music except the rap/hiphop/r&b songs....and man, that feels so much better for me :)

I really don't understand why they put more songs into (racing) games. Because these days you can allready adjust the track list. Just put enough songs in there so the people can (in my case) shut down all the rock songs and most of the techno/drum and bass/... songs and still have enough hiphop songs to enjoy the game....

Oh well, maybe with the PS3 we can create our own tracklists... 👍
 
BUT, when I drive around in my car in real life I ALWAYS listen to HipHop and R&B, it's just so much more relaxing.

10p says he owns a honda civic/ bmw 3 series, and it's in a stupid colour with stupid alloys.

Driving games have rock music because rock music and driving goes together.
 
code_kev
10p says he owns a honda civic/ bmw 3 series, and it's in a stupid colour with stupid alloys.

Driving games have rock music because rock music and driving goes together.

[Removed by moderator: That is NOT appropriate! 👎 ]

1: the cars I drive: Toyota Yaris Verso, Renault Clio and a Ford Cougar V6
2: hating on the tuner scene are you? Only the jealous ones start whining about that. Everybody has his own hobby, if you can't accept that you might better kill yourself. Because no one is alike! Some people like to spend $1.000 on a carbon fishing rod....in my eyes that's a waste of money. But will you ever see mee hating on those people on online boards or in real life? HELL NO!!! You want to know how my Cougar looks like? check it out: http://www.dutchcartuning.com/repodir/repo0007_tuningmaniac.htm But you'll probably only have some stupid, narrow minded comments about it...
3: rock music and driving goes together???? So your personal oppinion must be the whole worlds oppinion?

you just strengthed my oppinion about rock fans....
 
tetchy aint we :D :D. I was actually just kidding to start with, but meh, rant mode on...

hating on the tuner scene are you?

Nope, just the plastic = faster scene. Hiphp, R & B and crap such as that usually goes hand in hand with losers who drive stupid Neon covered cars.

This is how it is, you walking along a street and you hear the following:

*THUD THUD "uh uh yeah beetch" THUD THUD "uh uh whadd up wadd upp" THUD THUD etc etc*

The the sound of a bean can exhaust enters your ears, and round the corner comes a lime green ford focus/ Nova/ Renault 5/ Corsa/ 105/ Clio, with 2 tons of cheap plastic, a halfords spoiler (pikes peak size), HUGE bling bling alloys, white lights, neons, headlights on full beam, fog lights on and racing stickers. It's usually driven by a burbery clad guy with the mental capacity of a 10 year old, who hasn't yet discovered what indicators are for. Oh how I wish I had a tank, and a legal document allowing me blow these monstrosities up.

*THUD THUD "yo yo waddup me beetch" etc etc*

*sound of bean can exhaust goes away, other motorists breath a sigh of relief that they are no longer in as much danger*

Only the jealous ones start whining about that

I could go buy a crappy Nova 2morrow, and cover it in plastic if I felt the need to :P.

And in answer to 3, no, I'm just right. Notice how most games USE rock music for racing games, how you can by driving albums, they usually have songs like "lyla" etc on them.

P.S you spoilt a nice car :(. What's the deal with that silly spoiler, do you actually go fast enough to need it? It kinda makes it look like a 12 year olds idea of a fast car. I respect the fact that you at least started with a fast car to begin with though.

rawk 'n' roller roll pwnz j00r b4535
 
code_kev
tetchy aint we :D :D. I was actually just kidding to start with, but meh, rant mode on...



Nope, just the plastic = faster scene. Hiphp, R & B and crap such as that usually goes hand in hand with losers who drive stupid Neon covered cars.

This is how it is, you walking along a street and you hear the following:

*THUD THUD "uh uh yeah beetch" THUD THUD "uh uh whadd up wadd upp" THUD THUD etc etc*

The the sound of a bean can exhaust enters your ears, and round the corner comes a lime green ford focus/ Nova/ Renault 5/ Corsa/ 105/ Clio, with 2 tons of cheap plastic, a halfords spoiler (pikes peak size), HUGE bling bling alloys, white lights, neons, headlights on full beam, fog lights on and racing stickers. It's usually driven by a burbery clad guy with the mental capacity of a 10 year old, who hasn't yet discovered what indicators are for. Oh how I wish I had a tank, and a legal document allowing me blow these monstrosities up.

*THUD THUD "yo yo waddup me beetch" etc etc*

*sound of bean can exhaust goes away, other motorists breath a sigh of relief that they are no longer in as much danger*



I could go buy a crappy Nova 2morrow, and cover it in plastic if I felt the need to :P.

And in answer to 3, no, I'm just right. Notice how most games USE rock music for racing games, how you can by driving albums, they usually have songs like "lyla" etc on them.

P.S you spoilt a nice car :(. What's the deal with that silly spoiler, do you actually go fast enough to need it? It kinda makes it look like a 12 year olds idea of a fast car. I respect the fact that you at least started with a fast car to begin with though.

rawk 'n' roller roll pwnz j00r b4535

sigh....just think of it this way: I'm the one driving it, not you. So stop getting yourself irritated about this.

Everybody has his own hobbies and you've got to respect that. CASE CLOSED

just stop the hating (both on modified cars and music).
Or would you like it if everybody hates on you just because you play video games and they don't even try to understand your hobby and why you do it?

Greetz from Belgium
Tim
 
FatAssBR
They´re not crap, they´re just not your kind of music. Burnout 3 has a great soundtrack in my opinion, it fits the game really well. I haven´t played GT4 yet but based on the playlists of the game I have seen on the web, I´m sure I´ll like most songs on it.

And the game with the best soundtrack in my opinion is GTA Vice City, by far.

I agree, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's crap.
I personally like the soundtrack in gt4, and some of the songs i love.

Isn't it funny how you start liking old music once it has been jammed into your brain!

Examples:

Vice city: i get some very strange looks from my friends when i start singing i'm gunna run to you by bryan adams, and what makes it even more strange is that fact that i have only been on this earth since 1991!

San andreas : Me and my friends are constantly singing things we have heard on krose! And for you people without the game, that is country and western music. And we don't exactly listen to sclub 7 either in real life, we all like alternative rock.
 
The Medal of Honor soundtracks are always good, though I enjoy the scores composed by Michael Giacchino the most (Medal of Honor, Underground, Allied Assault, Frontline). He also scored Call of Duty, Secret Weapons over Normandy, and Mercenaries.
 
code_kev
Driving games have rock music because rock music and driving goes together.

Damn right, I couldn't imagine driving around at high speed whilst listening to some crap about how many ho's some one has, or how much Eminem hates his Mum...it just doesn't work. Since my other comments though, I have been learning to become more open minded, so this music war is just a conflict of interests really...
 
Back