Gamers Take On Racers at Real Spa 24h, After Racers Beat Gamers at Virtual Spa 24h

1st time post. (GT reader for years.. BB Driver of Gt. Sport.)

correct me if I'm wrong somebody.. Was that 3 max's, in one team?

Suppose you need maxamillions to get a drive these days.

The real-world racing action comes a week after the racing boot was on the other foot, when the professionals were showing gamers how it was done in the iRacing Spa 24h.

Two of the 20 current F1 drivers took part in the virtual race last weekend, and claimed the top step of the podium with some 30s to spare.
This is not the whole story though. There was a major issue with infractions that was finally removed before the race. Usually, XX number of infractions will get you DQ'ed - that's one thing. In this race, they wouldn't get you DQ'ed though, but the infractions would still count (down) on your iRacing rating, something that'll have to be earned again - but some, like pro F1 drivers, couldn't give a damn - so Team Verstappen racked up around 900 points over the 24 hours which is quite a lot for the average iRacing player.

Just found this: "Haha both Max and Lando have been demoted to D class safety rating because of all the off-tracks."

( :

[Edit:] I still think Team Verstappen would've won had they been as "clean" as the avg. team - they are seriously fast.

This is not the whole story though.
Quite so - one of GTP's Contributing Writers took part in the race, so we are aware of some of the issues with the racing, but it wasn't something hugely important to include within that short section of the article...

... but it suits for the comments thread. Like this :D

Didn't know about the demotion though :lol:

With about 90 minutes left, the drivers we named in the article are:
29 - Ordonez, Bentley #110
32 - Sanchez, Honda #22
40 - Chiyo, Nissan #35
61 - Perel, Ferrari #333
63 - Buncombe, Bentley #108

Last edited:
Back