Games with PhotoMode (PS4 & XB1)

thanks Guys^^ @MeanElf , @RL_23 It is nice to have a list to come back to, great thread idea @doblocruiser 👍

@VBR I will definately pick up Beyond 2 souls in the near future it looks like my type of game (shame no photomode), I brought Shadow of Modor in the sale £11.99 and just getting round to playing it and look forward to the photomode in this as it looks quite detailed like UC4/Order1886 👍

DOOM: :cheers: Edit: (picked up Full game disc shame it then has a further 29gb update to install still waiting to play it!)

Last edited:
VBR
Might be a good idea to request a photomode from devs via social media for games that don't have it at present. Would love to see what you guys could do with Beyond Two Souls.

Yesterday I emailed the following message to Quantic Dream, & today recieved a reply from David Cage himself!

Message;

"Hi there,

I have a request; will you please add a photomode to Beyond Two Souls & Detroit Become Human?

Photomodes are a good way of freely advertising your game, as fans will post lots of screenshots on internet forums.

Here are some screen shots I took of Beyond Two Souls that I posted in a forum; https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/beyond-two-souls-photo-thread.354353/

While it's nice to be able to take screen shots with the PS4, it's no replacement for a fully functional virtual digital SLR camera. Photomodes are becoming more & more common in games these days, & are even starting to become the standard. Please seriously consider my request.

Best Regards,

[VBR]."

Reply:

"Hi [VBR],

Thank you for contacting us.

I cannot reveal anything regarding Detroit, but I agree with you that virtual in-game cameras are very useful and more and more sophisticated. This is definitely something we look at with interest. That’s all I can say for now.

Regards,

David Cage"

:D

VBR
Yesterday I emailed the following message to Quantic Dream, & today recieved a reply from David Cage himself!

Message;

"Hi there,

I have a request; will you please add a photomode to Beyond Two Souls & Detroit Become Human?

Photomodes are a good way of freely advertising your game, as fans will post lots of screenshots on internet forums.

Here are some screen shots I took of Beyond Two Souls that I posted in a forum; https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/beyond-two-souls-photo-thread.354353/

While it's nice to be able to take screen shots with the PS4, it's no replacement for a fully functional virtual digital SLR camera. Photomodes are becoming more & more common in games these days, & are even starting to become the standard. Please seriously consider my request.

Best Regards,

[VBR]."

Reply:

"Hi [VBR],

Thank you for contacting us.

I cannot reveal anything regarding Detroit, but I agree with you that virtual in-game cameras are very useful and more and more sophisticated. This is definitely something we look at with interest. That’s all I can say for now.

Regards,

David Cage"

:D

Well done :cheers: I don't think it will be long that every new AAA Xbox/PS4 game has a photomode built in to the game engine as standard, as the graphics start to become 4k and much more detailed. The facial details and skin, water, environments, car details are now nearly photo real (GT Scapes etc) I think developers that haven't had one before are just realising the potential in the advertising/awareness/community. Social sharing media is now a huge part of a console/home gaming system 👍

Edit @VBR I will still get this game very soon, but the lack of photomode settings and options of a camera (which I enjoy in games) is holding me back a little. It does look very detailed and great screen shots from you, I enjoyed flicking through them..👍

Last edited:
The list is growing @doblocruiser :cheers: I have too many to choose from now, from not having any the other year only DriveClub! Now I have to find time around all the great racing games coming with photomode too! 👍

Yeah it is becoming more and more a normality and that is great. I think with GT Sport the bar of photomode will be raised significantly and it could be the successor of driveclub's amazing photomode. It is the one I am still enjoying the most allthough HZD one is pretty amazing as well.

Thanks to something called "Captura", we can add Warframe to the list (PS4/XBONE). Some examples:

Warframe_20170424020831.jpg

Warframe_20170424030407.jpg

Warframe_20170427230832.jpg

Warframe_20170514012418.jpg

@doblocruiser

A few more photo modes I use that are not on the list 👍

PS4 Photomodes
BattleField1 (Spectator mode~Online~Free cam+ Updated Photo mode over whole map)
MotoGP 15 Full Photomode/settings/filters
MotoGP17 Full Photomode/settings/filters
The Crew (Full Photomode inc time of day/Settings/Filters/Frames)

Last edited:
I've never played one of those Team Ico games, but this trend for remasters with photomode is overwhelmingly positive.

Edit @VBR I will still get this game very soon, but the lack of photomode settings and options of a camera (which I enjoy in games) is holding me back a little. It does look very detailed and great screen shots from you, I enjoyed flicking through them..👍

It is a PS3 game that's been remastered for PS4, & I think it's starting to show it's age, especially in comparison to the latest PS4 offerings. It is the best looking game on PS3, however, as well as being incredibly innovative. I don't think you'll get much from it as a digital photographer, but as a game that's genre defying & original, it's on a whole 'nother level & in a league all of it's own. Currently on sale for £7.99.

It also looks like the new Shadow of the Colossus will have a full photo mode and DOF, Filters etc. Have you guys played this before? (I missed out quite a section of gaming on the PS2 era at the time :ill: ) but this looks good.

Loved ICO, but didn't like Colossus. Revisited ICO recently & found it too dated to play, so don't know how well SOTC will fare on PS4. Have you tried The Last Guardian yet?

Last edited:
Hi @VBR I have only played The Last Guardian in PSVR which was amazing but a very short demo. I don't think I will pick up the full game as I have assassin's Creed origins and HZD to work through still.

Shadow of the Colossus got good preview reviews so I might pick that up along with 'Gravel' (milestone) in Feb

InFamous SS and Last of Us Remastered are on sale through the PSN, so I intend to pick those two up and add to my roster of photomode games on PS4.

PS: if some people know how works or activates the photo mode in alien isolation on PS4 I'm interested ^^

PS: if some people know how works or activates the photo mode in alien isolation on PS4 I'm interested ^^
I think only the PC version has a proper free camera photo mode - the PS4 you just have to take pictures with the HUD (although the new nightmare mode apparently removes the HUD to make the game harder...it also make everything else very tough and deadly.)

Edit: Website is working again @MeanElf I think most games were covered on here but a few I haven't heard of so I was going to check them all out.

Surviving Mars I did not know had one, but not my type of game.

Obviously we now have God of War! and OnRush and Bound for the list @doblocruiser I think they missed Bound which although only has basic graphics has one of the best photo mode options list! With the next frame moving one frame at a time a bonus (only a few have this and it was a great feature in Warframe)

Bound_20180530052029.jpg

Last edited:
OP updated.

Since 22 second of may there is Everspace for PS4 and it is gorgeous! Haven't made a purchase yet but it is very tempting.
Yes indeed, I saw a few screens from that one and I hadn't even heard of it - it's only been out for a year, after all :lol: I'll be looking to get that one too.

True, on XBOX for over a year but the PS4 version just got released with all DLC and updates included. € 29,99 is it in the store.
Ah, I didn't realise the release had been timed - that makes me feel less of a fool for missing it. Funnily enough, just been playing Ratchet & Clank 2 with the Thugs 4 Less bit, shooting down their spaceships and that reminded me of an old Battlestar Galactica game and so a wish for something similar. Funny how things like that work, eh?

Ah, I didn't realise the release had been timed - that makes me feel less of a fool for missing it. Funnily enough, just been playing Ratchet & Clank 2 with the Thugs 4 Less bit, shooting down their spaceships and that reminded me of an old Battlestar Galactica game and so a wish for something similar. Funny how things like that work, eh?

Yeah it actually is. I got a notification of this game somewhere in my stream and when I checked it out I thought WOW! Looks awesome and seems to play awesome as well. Picked up Andromeda instead for €8 in the store but oh boy what a mess that game is.....

Playing through The Witcher 3 again as I got the DLCs finally. One of the few things this game didn't have... A photo mode.

It's so pretty aswell. :drool:

Back