Gamesave updated, now with 20 cars - all realistic swaps

• Thread starter TheBulitt
  • 36 comments
another stub to that is why Single turbo (of the same "total" inlet diameter) is better than even a parallel twin turbo system, when you merge two banks of exhaust into one impeller housing you're effectively doubling the range of your torque curve, the common misconception is that twin turbos will spool faster than a single turbo, which the opposite is true, twin turbos have twice the turbine shaft drag, half the gas pressure and are usually not offset enough from impeller to compressor, but the flip side is that twin turbos can create moderately more boost at higher RPM, and they will spool much more quickly, just at a higher RPM (the dredded lag, then loss of traction EG: Honda Civic) Ive watched way too many Dyno videos not to see the obvious attraction for true parallel twin turbos... high horsepower numbers and bragging rights at car shows/meets

but on the street, given the same boost, the single turbo car will walk the twin turbo like a moonlight stroll, although there are exceptions to every rule and a twin turbo system if properly designed can come CLOSE to a single turbo with smaller turbo manifolds, and a proper ratio of impeller to compressor wheel size on the twins you can achieve the same results, but like I said the parasitic losses are higher, however friction is a minor difference when you're talking about ball-bearing turbos as there is already so little drag from using the ball bearing system. Furthermore, the twin turbo system is more desirable when using an automatic transmission with a high stall converter, because the torque converter is keeping the engine at a high RPM, the twin turbos will be more "at home" with an engine running at 5-7Krpm for the entire length of the track

Hey Speed Drifter:

I tried your R34 stock codes and they did absolutely nothing to the BMW M3, it didnt lock or change the horsepower at all... weird...

Im going to try your values, but with the already proven turbo addresses, see if that somehow works

Could I have a save of that Turbo Charged GT40? I always thought that that car turboed andwith a s speed tranny would kick. Also I tried that cose for 16.2 million you wrote a while back for me to try and I can't get my GameShark to allow me to highlight it to put it into effect. Anyy ideas why? Thanks.
I didn't save it but I could create one for you. I have no idea how well it works because I couldn't really test it..
Sorry, can't help with the gameshark because I don't own any cheating device :)

TheBulitt:
Thanks! didn't even remember the existence of gtvault :lol:

yeah this is off topic of course but remember how I was saying twin turbo sucks compared to single turbo, well here is a perfect example

~600hp Heads Cam Intake Nitrous LS1 Camaro vs ~800hp Twin Turbo 2003 Cobra 4.6 4V

http://www.rsxtaci.com/TRMIN8R/trmin8rvsbross03cobra.wmv

from a slow roll the camaro eats him alive... from the higher roll it takes the cobra all its got to barely beat him.

on the other hand check this out, this is a single turbo 2004 Cobra

http://1320video.com/vids/vitofeature.wmv

this guy doesnt even mess with other cars, he just races bikes lol

****SpeedDrifter****

Could I have a save of that Turbo Charged GT40? I always thought that that car turboed andwith a s speed tranny would kick. Also I tried that cose for 16.2 million you wrote a while back for me to try and I can't get my GameShark to allow me to highlight it to put it into effect. Anyy ideas why? Thanks.
Here it is and hopefully works, have fun
http://files.filefront.com/BASCUS+97328GAMEDATAmax/;9571982;/fileinfo.html

It only has the GT40 race car with some huge "generic" blower worth of 980HP.
I had problems with finding a turbo that would at least do something, though my first goal was to find a sequential(?) one that would give lots of low-end torque.
I screwed up the save in some way but it should work at least.. check out the oil by the way, looks like it doesn't have any :D

my first goal was to find a sequential(?) one that would give lots of low-end torque.

yeah you're correct... sequential twins are on the Mitsubishi 3000GT, Toyota Supra, and FD RX7s... smaller turbo for the low end who's wastegate feeds directly into the impeller of a larger turbo... an RPM window switch opens the wastegate and spools up the larger turbo for the top end.

Back