Garage glitch

• Thread starter FullLoader
  • 25 comments
I’ve bought my first car but it won’t take me to my garage? Has anyone else experienced this glitch?
Press on change car icon and that is where you have other cars in you garage.

Last edited:
The garage icon doesn’t show up on the world map. All I can see is used cars. I think the game crashed after I bought my first car so I thought if I bought a second car it might fix it but it hasn’t.

The garage icon doesn’t show up on the world map. All I can see is used cars. I think the game crashed after I bought my first car so I thought if I bought a second car it might fix it but it hasn’t.
When I started GT7 I think I had to unlock the garage icon, and sorry I don't know how I did it.

I’ve watched videos on YouTube and after people have bought their first car ‘Sarah’ then points you towards the garage. For me this didn’t happen, I’ve still only got used cars.

9689D201-A498-434C-BA32-F6FB77DEF0D5.jpeg

I've deleted both local and cloud save and restarted but still its loading with me having bought my first car but no garage option. Im now going to try deleteing local and cloud save and uninstalling and re-installing. If that fails, Im getting a refund for this pos

Considering you're at the very start, maybe make a new PSN account / user on PlayStation to get playing.

That'll probably work but it seems really inconvenient if its not necessary. I guess if I don't get a refund I'll have too.

Have you tried buying another car with your preorder credits? It might be worth trying to see if that triggers anything.

A lot of people are experiencing this same issue at different stages of the game, essentially locking them out of playing. Seems to be a server sync issue, where it fails and your local game thinks you've done an action but the server/your online save doesn't, and you're stuck.

Sadly there is no sure-fire fix, if deleting your local save and restarting doesn't work you've got to wait for a patch or as MadMax says, use a different ID.

A lot of people are experiencing this same issue at different stages of the game, essentially locking them out of playing. Seems to be a server sync issue, where it fails and your local game thinks you've done an action but the server/your online save doesn't, and you're stuck.

Sadly there is no sure-fire fix, if deleting your local save and restarting doesn't work you've got to wait for a patch or as MadMax says, use a different ID.
If I use an new Id then I assume this could happen again from what you are saying and I'd need a third!

So tried a new profile, but can only do music rally stuff because I don't have psn on the new profile. So thats not going to work either. Very disappointing

I have deleted the saved data, re-installed Gran Turismo 7, cleared the cache and re-built the database (both on my PS5) but nothing has worked. It seems the only options at the moment are to either start the game on someone else's profile or wait for the patch (whenever that will be?).

Didnt preorder so not enough credits and Im loath to spend more on it just to try this fix.
If this game wasn't pre-ordered then how do you have so many credits? That number of credits is not even possible with the pre-order bonuses and after buying a used car. The 25th Anniversary edition gives you 1,100,000 credits, the launch edition bonus gives another 100,000, and the digital deluxe pre-order gives 1,600,000 credits. Assuming both of you have the digital deluxe edition then how the heck have you only spent 7,300 credits after buying a Honda Fit?

Didnt preorder so not enough credits and Im loath to spend more on it just to try this fix.
You clearly have over 1.5m Cr in your picture, so you have enough to buy another car and see if that fixes the issue. I couldn't tell you if it absolutely will fix it or not, but you have enough Cr to try.

You clearly have over 1.5m Cr in your picture, so you have enough to buy another car and see if that fixes the issue. I couldn't tell you if it absolutely will fix it or not, but you have enough Cr to try.
Thats not my picture, thats the original posters picture. Im just another victim of this bug.

So tried a new profile, but can only do music rally stuff because I don't have psn on the new profile. So thats not going to work either. Very disappointing
I see you don't have this problem anymore.
Just wanted to chime in on alternate accounts.
All you have to do is create an email for your account you're creating and go through the log in steps. I have 5 different PSN accounts for various reasons.

Back