Garage limits.

• Thread starter sorg
  • 46 comments
I've just discovered that garage limit is 500 cars only!
On attempt to buy one more car, game asks to move cars to stockyard to free the garage space.
It doesn't move automatically, you have to move manually instead.

I don't know capacity of stockyard yet, just hope it will allow to buy all cars at least once.
Also I'm not sure how convenient is stockyard and what's the restriction in usage.

I've saw messages from other users about loosing the cars from stockyard.. That makes me think hard about managing the cars.

just FYI

Looks like the real driving simulator doesn't actually want us to collect the 1200 cars that it advertises so nicely on television.
The credit purchasing system, the low event payouts and now a limited garage. I hope @gambleboyen is right:tup:

Ahh man, that sucks. 500 cars in the garage seems so little. Well. If the stockyard does indeed hold 9,999 cars, than that should be good to store your cars in.

EDIT: Found it!
Your Car List is divided between your Garage, where the cars you drive most often are kept, and your Stockyard, where the rest of your collection is stored. Think about how often you drive a car when deciding where you want to store it. Up to 500 cars can be kept in your Garage, while your Stockyard has enough room for 9,999 cars.

I think what they were going for was the garage being for immediate usage cars, and the stockyard for the "collection". Its a good idea IMO. I would say more like 250 in the garage for ease of sorting and finding the car you want....don't know how loading with a large amount is yet(only have like 50cars). That was the single biggest issue with gt5s garage, size and loading time.

I hope the limit gets raised in an update, especially sense some people are reporting losing the cars they put in the stockyard.(or at least fix the stockyard) I also hope I can use cars that are in the stockyard in an online lobby, because I am known to bring out an odd assortment of cars when in a lobby. I don't want to be limited on the cars available to me when online.

There are really some bugs in garage handling. Originally i had 500 cars. After moving to stockyard i have 25+473 cars. So, 2 cars are missing now. Then i've restored the save i've made just before move cars to stockyard. And it shows 478 cars. And last car has strange name [0] without picture. On click, game exists to main menu.
So, the bug is not relative to stockyard, but to garage. Even if you don't move the cars to stockyard, you still have risk to loos the cars!

Actually, i'm not sure if i lost any car or not. This can be because of some empty records while buying cars. So, may be i had originally 478 cars with 2 empty records which have been repaired after moving. So, i need to recheck all purchased cars and see if something missing - that's really pain in the ass!

PS: Oh, crap! In dealership the game doesn't mark which car you have if car is in stockyard :(

Handling of stockyard is awful! Every enter to stockyard shows waiting window. Every exit shows waiting window as well with subsequent "saving data" note. It means the game rewrites database every time you exist the stockyard even if you didn't move anything. Who coded such idiotic way? This is a big chance to loose the car if there is any bug in code.
Weird.. very weird and non-professional...

Collect premium cars only and there will be room for all. :sly:
Unfortunately, its difficult to navigate the dealership and find the premium counterparts now. You have to click on each car you think is P until you find the one that allows gallery view. Need to print off the premium list from gt5 for quick reference esp for JDM makes. Oh, and hopefully your statement doesn't apply for too long, what's the P count currently? Gotta be close to 500....

I've forgot to tell: i'm using v1.0 (without any update). So, may be there are some fixes in 1.01. I will be able to check it later only.

There are really some bugs in garage handling. Originally i had 500 cars. After moving to stockyard i have 25+473 cars. So, 2 cars are missing now. Then i've restored the save i've made just before move cars to stockyard. And it shows 478 cars. And last car has strange name [0] without picture. On click, game exists to main menu.
So, the bug is not relative to stockyard, but to garage. Even if you don't move the cars to stockyard, you still have risk to loos the cars!

Actually, i'm not sure if i lost any car or not. This can be because of some empty records while buying cars. So, may be i had originally 478 cars with 2 empty records which have been repaired after moving. So, i need to recheck all purchased cars and see if something missing - that's really pain in the ass!

PS: Oh, crap! In dealership the game doesn't mark which car you have if car is in stockyard :(

The car without the picture, do you need to click on it to update the photo? Or the car missing completely? I know I had to click to update my bonus cars from EB Games because the picture of the cars were not visible.

The car without the picture, do you need to click on it to update the photo? Or the car missing completely? I know I had to click to update my bonus cars from EB Games because the picture of the cars were not visible.
Believe me, i'm not the first they playing GT5 and GT6 ;) I know about missing pics well enough.

Unless there is a massive amount of DLC I'll likely never get to 500. I'm not interested in driving very many of the cars from GT5 beyond a handful of really good premiums and half a dozen knockout standards. I'm thinking 300 will be about my max including some duplicates for various tuning levels.

So the dealerships don't track the cars you own that are put in stockyard? Yet another mindboggling omission by the devs (right up there with the power limiter guessing game)

At least good ol' http://www.mygranturismo.net/ now have a gt6 section

Last edited:
What is the purpose of the stockyard? Why there is two lists, garage and stockyard?

It appears to be an effort to minimize loading times, essentially. A good idea in theory; which is why it's so strange they've left the paint organization so poor.

Unless there is a massive amount of DLC I'll likely never get to 500. I'm not interested in driving very many of the cars from GT5 beyond a handful of really good premiums and half a dozen knockout standards. I'm thinking 300 will be about my max including some duplicates for various tuning levels.

Yep, same. Now that all cars are available new, I'm not going to be collecting a whole bunch "just in case". Though I imagine I'll still need to waste money collect some simply for favourite colour chips...

Back