Garage limits.

• Thread starter sorg
  • 46 comments
In 1.01 version the dealership shows witch car(s) you are owning :)

I think he meant, when you move them into stockyard, they no longer show as already bought in the dealerships.

Or are you saying cars in stockyard show as bought now?

Sorg says in post nr. 8: "PS: Oh, crap! In dealership the game doesn't mark which car you have if car is in stockyard"

Sorg says in post nr. 19: "I've forgot to tell: i'm using v1.0 (without any update). So, may be there are some fixes in 1.01. I will be able to check it later only. "

One of the fixes in 1.01 is that dealership shows.

(My quote button is gone @MrSulu ) - (So is the quick tread view during post :boggled:)

Last edited:
OMG :embarrassed: Sorg is actually right, the model is no longer marked in dealership when stored in the stock yard!

(Must stop writing on GTP when i just woken up :banghead: )

It appears to be an effort to minimize loading times, essentially. A good idea in theory; which is why it's so strange they've left the paint organization so poor.
They could have given an option to install the whole game to HD.(so all cars load fast, not only those in the garage)

They could have given an option to install the whole game to HD.(so all cars load fast, not only those in the garage)
That doesn't change the fact you'd still have to load thousands of cars into the PS3's limited memory.

That doesn't change the fact you'd still have to load thousands of cars into the PS3's limited memory.
PS3 does not load all the cars to the RAM memory. Only the ones that are on one page of garage which is about 20. Why would they load all of them to memory at same time?

Just checked my save on another PS3 which is fully up to date (v1.01 with all micro in-game updates). Still the same. Cars from stockyard aren't marked as owned in dealership!

Last edited:
must be a pain of loadingtime to load those 9.999 cars online wich is probably most of the reason the gave that space to the stockyard. 500 seems enough space for the most used cars, but Im feeling dissapointed that cars kept in the stockyard wont be marked in the dealership as owned :( I'm still waiting for my copy as it was sent in return due to some failure with the mail :(

Definitely just ran into this issue myself... what a pain PD.... if they are in the stockyard that little check mark is gone and it doesnt say owned anymore on purchase screen....I just threw about a hundred weaker s2000s, miatas, and rx7s in the stockyard lol....smh.... what to put in the stockyard next... everything else is pretty unique... I bought the game to drive cars....not shuffle them around lol...Pd should increase the garage limit to all 1200 some.. will still play regardless... but damn PD...

Considering how long the game has been out, and yet there STILL hasn't been an update that fixes this issue, it's pretty safe to assume that the limit shall remain 500 forever.

Truly is sad. :(

Considering how long the game has been out, and yet there STILL hasn't been an update that fixes this issue, it's pretty safe to assume that the limit shall remain 500 forever.

Truly is sad. :(
It`s what cut GT6 so short and it`s the sole reason why it`s so boring, in my opinion. Collecting cars is what kept me going in the old GT games, loads of different variations. Can`t do that in GT6 because of the stupid stockyard, whenever you put a car in the stockyard the tick in the dealership vanishes. :boggled:

It`s what cut GT6 so short and it`s the sole reason why it`s so boring, in my opinion. Collecting cars is what kept me going in the old GT games, loads of different variations. Can`t do that in GT6 because of the stupid stockyard, whenever you put a car in the stockyard the tick in the dealership vanishes. :boggled:
Not just the tick, but if you could have access to the stockyard while playing online, then I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it.
Still, I prefer that the stockyard never existed, and that we could hold the same amount of cars that we could in GT5.

Back