Garage Talk...

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 43 comments
United States
U.S.A.
Well I finally finished my pure stock ( 0-0-0 ) triple zero garage which now has all the cars that were ever produced, available, or possible in any GT5. My garage total ended up with 1,975 cars, but of course this includes all the various numbered race cars in all colors and other special or favorite cars in their best colors. My new current project is to use the 25 additional garage spaces (2000) for my favorite super hybrids with each car having 3 stage settings with custom paints and wheels. Settings will be 1-pure stock, 2-with all regular upgrade mods, 3-monster hybrid build. What I love about the PS3-GT5-2.11 is all the various abilities it has. I even enjoy building my own livery car photos by taking the car photos in GT5 I like, then transferring them to the PS3 and back on to the flash drive where I can transfer them to my computer and use a photo program to do various livery which I transfer back to the PS3 for television viewing. I'll get a photo done soon of a special livery and post it up here. I would love to hear from others about their favorite garages and contents and other stuff GT5 garage related.

Last edited:
As mentioned above, here is a Nürburgring 24Hr Custom Livery performed on my GT5 Ferrari F40 Hybrid done in Reflex Spice. Livery can be created with photo programs as simple as Paintbrush. Give it a try and post some of your favorite custom liveries here...

1-GT5 Ferrari F40 '92.JPG
2-GT5 Ferrari F40 '92 With Nürburgring 24Hr Custom Livery.JPG

Last edited:
How do you do liveries
By reading.

I even enjoy building my own livery car photos by taking the car photos in GT5 I like, then transferring them to the PS3 and back on to the flash drive where I can transfer them to my computer and use a photo program to do various livery which I transfer back to the PS3 for television viewing.

Note it is not a livery you can use in game.

Again, as Daan mentioned read his reply...
No, they can't be used and don't stay "inside" the game and there is no way to accomplish that feat. You can however buy one of the newer GT version like 6 or Sport and use their livery sections directly in the game itself.

Again, as Daan mentioned read his reply...
No, they can't be used and don't stay "inside" the game and there is no way to accomplish that feat. You can however buy one of the newer GT version like 6 or Sport and use their livery sections directly in the game itself.
Okay. Anyways, I see you've finished your project, if you're looking for something to do then stop on by the my sector racing thread and throw down some times with your hybrids, I would be nice to see you there. You can also stop by Aftermix drag racing, just make sure to read the regulations first :).

Last edited:
Anyway... It pays to do some research of the "real" cars when buying and maximizing your garage's potential and picking the best colors for any individual car. Here is a example of my Plymouth Superbird '70 (Standard Model). A piece of trivia history that many folks don't know about the real car is of the 1 of 1 color, Burnt Orange Metallic available in GT5 for this car. There only exists a one of one of the real car from the factory way back when in this color. My research showed that it was last known to be at the Don Garlit's Museum known as the "Root Beer Superbird". Sadly GT5 didn't offer the Richard Petty #43 Corporate Blue as a color choice for this car. Probably due to copyrights of the Richard Petty #43 real race car color, so while researching google to pick a historical rare color for the car, I then came across various articles that recorded a painting error that happened at the Mopar Plymouth factory in which only one car was ever painted and produced by "total mistake" in Burnt Orange Metallic. Hence was my choice below...

Plymouth Superbird '70 Burnt Orange Metallic.jpg

Anyway... It pays to do some research of the "real" cars when buying and maximizing your garage's potential and picking the best colors for any individual car. Here is a example of my Plymouth Superbird '70 (Standard Model). A piece of trivia history that many folks don't know about the real car is of the 1 of 1 color, Burnt Orange Metallic available in GT5 for this car. There only exists a one of one of the real car from the factory way back when in this color. My research showed that it was last known to be at the Don Garlit's Museum known as the "Root Beer Superbird". Sadly GT5 didn't offer the Richard Petty #43 Corporate Blue as a color choice for this car. Probably due to copyrights of the Richard Petty #43 real race car color, so while researching google to pick a historical rare color for the car, I then came across various articles that recorded a painting error that happened at the Mopar Plymouth factory in which only one car was ever painted and produced by "total mistake" in Burnt Orange Metallic. Hence was my choice below

I remember you from way back in GT2. I too like getting the most play value out of GT Titles long after the crowd has moved on to newer titles, after all we paid for them, we should wear them out to our hearts content. I live near that Garlits Museum and have seen the Burnt Orange Superbird in person. It looks a little lighter outside in the sun, glad that you used one of the lighter shades of Burnt Orange available in the game. For mine I used one of the hidden paint colors that's a bit lighter (01738FFF).

Despite what some people believe, no Chrysler vehicle ever left the factory painted in "Petty Blue," the closest color was Basin Street Blue available from 1972-73. I also have a Petty-Bluish Superbird in my GT5 garage, I used another hidden paint color to emulate Petty Blue for that car (016CAFFF). You are right, it does pay to research real world cars and colors, you learn a lot about where they come from, what cars were available in what colors, all kinds of interesting things about their names and histories (Palomar Red, Bleu Tivoli, Ascari Red), etc.). I have done a lot of research on the different cup car colors and and hidden colors in order to paint my garage cars more accurately. Edit: BTW, Big Daddy's Museum has a Mopar Car show every October, if you visit Florida, its a great way to spend a weekend.

Last edited:
I read in another thread that the rules have relaxed somewhat for discussing GT5 since it no longer has online capabilities but I try to refrain from referencing certain things in these forums. Outside these forums, I like connecting with old GT friends from back in the day and discussing the older titles. I never bought GT6 because I knew it would be a repeat of what happened with GT5, we didn't really own our game, we were only renting it temporarily. I love playing GT5 and GT2, they are my favorite GT Titles. I miss the old Toyota Starlets that handled so well on the smaller tracks in GT2. Even if they didn't look exciting to auto enthusiasts, they were so much fun to drive. :)

Yep Tim :cheers:... Actually yeaterday and today I'm finishing a rebuild of my all premium car garage. I have a number of saved games on my flash drive and computer as needed, but I came across this today researching every possible real car info, real paint colors, etc. I personally think that similar to the 908's that other race cars should have been given there own territory rather than just another color selection. Like the Audi from GT4-GT5 numbered 1 red and 2 yellow. They really are two separate real cars with their own history. With that said looking at the DLC Corvette Stingray 2014 today I might suggest the two colors Cyber Gray and Torch Red could also be separate cars. The red could be renamed... Chevrolet 2014 Corvette Stingray Final "Edition" vs prototype after seeing a video of Jay Leno's Garage...

Comparison photos...

Chevrolet 2014 Corvette Stingray Final Prototype.jpg
Chevrolet 2014 Corvette Stingray Final Edition.jpg

Also the REAL Ferrari Formula's are also clearly separate cars and numbers and even colors (6 Photos)... even the extra dark red 07's. Researching shows they were changed mid season... probably due to Marboro and or Martini liveries....

Ferrari F2007 #5 (Light Red).jpg
Ferrari F2007 #5 (Dark Red).jpg
Ferrari F2007 #6 (Light Red).jpg
Ferrari F2007 #6 (Dark Red).jpg
Ferrari F10 #7.jpg
Ferrari F10 #8.jpg

I see what you mean, there were 2 slightly different Stingray Prototypes produced. An Atlantic Prototype painted Gray with different wheels, aero and trim details and a Pacific Prototype painted Torch Red with the Z51 Option Package.
-
I liked the race mod bodies in GT2 that were modeled after real world race liveries rather than generic ones unique to Gran Turismo, like the Endless Skyline. And who can forget the 2 different versions of Ford Taurus race mods, one resembling Mark Martins Nascar livery and a more generic livery used in a later version of GT2. I still have both versions.

Last edited:
Tim-Check your inbox on my last message, but I think I finally found the answer... Check out these real car photos which were really hard to find. IMHO, seems as best as I can tell, the "real" Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 base '06 is just "White" and "Not Pearl White" , hence was my current color selection...

5-Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 base '06.jpg

4-Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 base '06.jpg

Mine(s) comes in White. I am re-doing my garage recently, because I wanted a few extra cars in non-standard colors to keep myself interested, but carefully selecting colors not too far outside the box. I have trouble seeing black cars, so I replaced my Nismo 270 with two new ones. I went for a modern touch using Aurora Flare Blue Pearl and Flare Red Pearl Metallic. I'm very pleased with how they look on the track... like they came that way. The red one is too sweet, I want one now. lol

Last edited:
I always have to think about what you are telling me for a minute and then it becomes clear. I see what you were looking at on the Mines R34 colors now, you really pay attention! A lot of details are date specific and fleeting on cars that show up in the game and you catch a lot of them. I have found myself cross-referencing cars in GT4 and comparing them to GT5 to learn some things, and then again with the real thing. Off we go again.

Yep... I research and look real careful before buying and setting up my final dream garage. I've rebuilt it a number of times as I rediscover more and more stuff. It's the little things to watch for. Here's just a few examples of what I refer to.... (Note: I realize I can paint etc, but by doing so you won't have a 0-0-0 car anymore without making it a hybrid).

In the first photo of the Honda NSX notice the white wheels that come stock on purchase from the dealership. If you buy another color you won't get white or any color matching wheels.

Also if one looks carefully in the Subaru dealership one has gold rim wheels versus another color purchase of the same car which gets the silver.

In the second photo notice the tan interior of the Mustang. Any other color purchase gets the Grayish Black.

If you also look at the Audi R8's in the dealership for example each have various colored interiors of White, Red, and Grayish/Black.

... And so on the list goes on for the serious GT5 car collectors and hold out loyalists. :D

Honda NSX Type R '02.jpg

Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07.jpg

Here's a tech challenge for y'all and another example of making the best choice to obtain the most realistic car as possible to the original...

Both of these FT-86 II Concepts '11 were GT5 gift cars ONLY for those that might not have them. Both were actual cars with these true examples of the real colored concepts as there were really two real ones. One was a blackish gray metal tone which was the original concept that was unveiled at the Geneva Auto Show and the other was a orange toned concept which followed a bit later appearing at other international auto shows. The first two photos are the real deal and the final two photos are GT5 cars offered.

The challenge question...
Unlike the two Corvettes I previously mentioned in this thread in keeping both cars, why didn't I also keep both colored concepts as separate cars and ended up only choosing the blackish one instead ?

Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 Black.jpg
Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 Orange.jpg
Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 Black.jpg
Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 Orange.jpg

Here's some hints...

Last edited:
Because the two FT 86 II Concepts are identical except for the paint color (cosmetically) while the Stingrays represent two physically different versions or orientations of the vehicle in real life, even if not in the game?

Nope lol... (correct on the Vette though) look again real careful at the 86’s, they are exactly the same except color in GT as you mentioned, but that’s the problem... something was added on the real orange one that is not on the GT5 orange one... Never was a add on to the real black original at Geneva though...

HINT... :D

temp.JPG

Answer... Watch Last Orange Video... Brembo :D

Man Oh Man Am I picky or what lol !

Last edited:
That is odd, as I don't believe any production versions came with Brembo's although Brembo does offer brake upgrade kits for the 86. I wonder why the prototype was given different brakes for the Frankfurt Auto Show?
-
I had considered that the real prototype was painted Shoujyouhi Red while the one in the game is painted Orange Metallic. The black concept could be considered to be more correct.

Last edited:
Tim... I'll try and clarify all the "86" type stuff which originally drove me half crazy when setting up my all premium non duplicate garage.

Here's what me research showed and how and what I purchased for my garage...

My GT5 "86 Garage" Choices In Order... (Color "Generalized")

Toyota FT-86 Concept '09 (Red)
Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept '10 (White)
Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 (Black)
Toyota 86 GT '12 (Orange)
SCION FR-S '12 (Red)
Subaru BRZ S '12 (Blue)

Toyota FT-86 Concept '09.jpg
Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept '10.jpg
Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11.jpg
Toyota 86 GT '12.jpg
SCION FR-S '12.jpg
Subaru BRZ S '12.jpg

Now Some Photos Of The Real Things In Same Order...

Toyota FT-86 Concept '09.jpg
Toyota FT-86 G SPORTS Concept '10.jpg
Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 (Black).jpg
Toyota 86 GT '12.jpg
SCION FR-S '12.jpg
Subaru BRZ S '12.jpg

I've started comparing GT5 virtual cars to the "real" thing. I've read various complaints about GT5 over the years, but personally I think Kaz and PD did a pretty darn good job all things being considered from almost 10 year old technology. Below I've shown just a dozen car comparisons of the GT5 Virtuals (first) followed by the Real Deals (second). As my GT5 photos might have been taken in darker locations and areas the comparison colors may vary some, but normally they do show very close to the real actual colors of the real cars shown in normal lighting. Feel free to add any comparison GT5 car photos if you wish.

Chevrolet 2011 Jeff Gordan #24 IMPALA:

Chevrolet 2011 Jeff Gordan #24 IMPALA.jpg
Chevrolet 2011 Jeff Gordan #24 IMPALA.jpg

Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67:

Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67.jpg
Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67.jpg

Ford Mark IV Race Car '67:

Ford Mark IV Race Car '67.jpg
Ford Mark IV Race Car '67.JPG

Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66:

Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66.jpg
Jaguar XJ13 Race Car '66.jpg

Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88: (Notice The Silk Cut Obvious Removal)

Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88.jpg
Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88.jpg

Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91:

Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91.jpg
Lancia DELTA HF Integrale Evoluzione '91.jpg

Mazda 787B Race car '91:

Mazda 787B Race car '91.jpg
Mazda 787B Race car '91.jpg

McLaren F1 '94:

McLaren F1 '94.jpg
McLaren F1 '94.jpg

Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 base '06:

Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 base '06.jpg
Mine's BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 base '06 (2).jpg

Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze '11:

Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze '11 Exterior With Driver-At Ahrweiler Town Square.jpg
Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze '11.jpg

Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II Nur (R34) '02:

Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II Nur (R34) '02.jpg
Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II Nur (R34) '02.jpg

Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11:

Last edited:
Just a quick follow up on the Toyota FT-86 II Concept '11 "orange colored" one missing the Brembo colored calipers of the 2nd real concept car that came later versus the Silky Black original of Geneva which is correct in GT5. Today to confirm my suspicions I purchased a Toyota 86 GT '12 from the regular GT5 dealership and selected the "orange metallic" color of that car. I then acquired the orange metallic paint chip and repainted my Silky Black Concept FT-86 II. I then took very closeup photos in exactly the same GT5 photo locations and conditions, but enlarged all three concept cars which were the Original Silky Black, the Original Orange, and the new purchased Silky Black, but repainted with the newly acquired orange metallic paint chip of the 86 GT '12 that I just purchased new. Both "orange" concept cars were identical in every aspect of color but also both still had those same incorrect plain brake calipers like those of the original correct Geneva Silky Black. With means the GT5 orange concept car does not match the original real orange concept car of the 2nd release that had Brembo. The GT5 correct Silky Black concept gift car stands correct to the original and the orange was just simply repainted with the color of the 86 GT '12 and presented as the orange gift concept car, but still having those incorrect calipers that were correct on the Silky Black original. Are you confused yet lol... so just get the black one and you're good to go !

Also the orange paint should not match the production model. I have to concur, it is the black concept that is most correct in the game. Good observation.:cheers:

Pic of the real 1-of-1 Burnt Orange Superbird parked outside in the sun:
Super_Bird.jpg

Pic of GT5 Superbird that I painted 01738FFF NN (Burnt Orange?) in GE:
SuperBird.jpg

Several colors from Dodge and Plymouth in GT5 are darker than in real life. As close as I could get.

Last edited:
Tim... In GE’s “items” paint color section I saw several burnt orange colors in there... I think some were in solid and some were in metallic... maybe it could be one of those not in the Plymouth section ?

006B4FFF BURNT ORANGE (Lotus Evora) (mostly orange)
004D6FFF BURNT ORANGE METALLIC ('70 Plymouth Superbird) (brownish)
00518FFF DARK BURNT ORANGE METALLIC ('70 Dodge Charger R/T) (dark brownish)
00AB4FFF DEEP BURNT ORANGE METALLIC ('70 Plymouth Superbird) (darker brown)

Back