Garage Talk...

• Thread starter 2_FAST_4_U
  • 43 comments
Real Richard Petty Superbird Race Car painted 'Petty Blue'
Petty_Car.png

GT5 Superbird painted 016CAFFF NN (GULF PALE BLUE, GT40 Race Car '69)
SuperBird1.jpg

There are four or five other NN Light Blues that I should probably should use instead.

Last edited:
Photo is GT5. At least 40 Superbirds are rumored to have been painted Chrysler Corporate Blue to mimmick Petty blue. All carry the 999 special order paint identifier as part of the VIN, same for the Burnt Orange Superbird. No Mopar ever left the factory painted authentic Petty Racing Blue.
Petty_Dual.png
Petty_Tri.png

Last edited:
I seem to recall (not sure though) that a very small few made it through as very special order cars prior to what I guess was the eventual patent or copyright of that color... Don't hold me to that though cause I'm probably thinking that it was that 50 you just mentioned. I know it was a happenstance mixture paint that the Petty crew came up with and had to mix some white in cause of not having enough blue paint or something of that nature. Also the only Burnt Orange Bird I know of was at the Gartlit's Museum, so I'm guessing that real pic was taken in front of the museum, cause I've never seen it before anywhere ?

Toyota MR2 1JZ Edition
Power: 530HP
Weight: 903kg
Engine: Toyota Supra 3.0GT Twin Turbo
Chassis: Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car
Drivetrain: Lamborgini Murcelargo LP 640

MR2 1JZ 1.jpg

MR2 1JZ 2.jpg
It's a pretty good car I'll say that much, enough torque to get it going, but it does do snap oversteer during braking which I will fix later on, but it's a start.

Last edited:
I seem to recall (not sure though) that a very small few made it through as very special order cars prior to what I guess was the eventual patent or copyright of that color... Don't hold me to that though cause I'm probably thinking that it was that 50 you just mentioned. I know it was a happenstance mixture paint that the Petty crew came up with and had to mix some white in cause of not having enough blue paint or something of that nature. Also the only Burnt Orange Bird I know of was at the Gartlit's Museum, so I'm guessing that real pic was taken in front of the museum, cause I've never seen it before anywhere ?

Yeah Corporate Blue (C37D) is the color used for the Chrysler Corporation Logo's used on Dealer Signs back in the day, along with Corporate White and also Corporate Red for Dodge. Corporate Blue was also used to paint engine blocks for certain years. Corporate Blue was first special ordered as an exterior color by someone in 1966. Someone within Chrysler must have recognized at least some of the 1500 Superbirds produced should resemble Richard Petty's race car and arranged for them to be special painted in Corporate Blue, which would have been the closest blue they had readily available at the time. A closer color match called Basin Street Blue was available as a regular production color after 1970.
- 1972 Plymouth Duster painted Basin Street Blue
ZZZZ_Z992.png

Last edited:
Not only can we paint our cars in exotic new colors, we can color match rims to be color keyed to the body colors.
Mustang V8 GT Coupe '07 -- Grabber Blue [010D486A]
ZZZZ_Z998.png

Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 -- Bright Blue Metallic (aka 'B5 Blue') [0031A18D]
ZZZZ_Z999.png

Note: The last 3 digits are the rim color... FFF would be the default rim color.

Last edited:
I did not add all of the Mopar Colors to my garage, just the High-Impact Colors and the ever popular B5-Blue. The Superbird actually only came in 7 colors so, I think the game has all the colors for the Standard 1970 Road Runner which did come in all those colors but the Superbird did not. I did take liberty to add a few cars I wanted, such as the GT350 in Grabber Blue... I couldn't help myself there.

I don't usually like to race black or very dark colored cars because they are not as visible. That being said, I like cars to look like what they are so I am a fan of British Sports cars painted green. I inserted two of each Jaguar to my garage save, one in Jaguar Racing Green which looks better than British Racing Green (at least to Americans) and second car in that hidden Emerald Green from the Aston Martin V12. They sure look pretty to someone like me who dislikes dark greens but does respect traditions of the brand. My neighbor has a red XKR and my daughter owns a white XFR, but these greens in my game are what I would want in my driveway. "Distinguished Performance" I like that style. I like that Emerald Green.

Last edited:
Alpine White Superbird looks very Grey. I repainted it with one of the other Alpine Whites. Looks more correct. I think the reason they made it more grey is they have white "Plymouth" letters instead of black.

Last edited:
Does this garage include more 'standard' cars from the game? Because there are plenty of them than those ones included on the 'premium' cars list.

Back