GBRC Super Touring Car Series: 8pm GMT Sunday 1st September for 4 weeks.

What a great night of racing, and a decent sized field.

Race one I started second behind Jason, ( great lap time Jas by the way :bowdown::D ) and my plan for this was to stay with him but not to overtake too early so that we could use Godzilla's slight advantage here. Then, once we had a bit of a buffer, I'd then start to apply the pressure in the hope that I was close enough to take advantage of any slight mistake.

Race 2 and I got off to a terrible start. Spun out at the start and was 10 seconds down. Caught up as everyone was still bunched up and was making progress. Then Elias binned it going up the hill just as I was making a move on Rob. He took avoiding action, I hit the grass and from then on was just a passenger. Eventually got up with Andy who seemed to be having some sort of connection issues as he seemed to keep crashing into the walls but would then suddenly appear back in front. So I hung back for a while to avoid contact. I then decided to try for that extra position in the last couple of laps just nicking it on the line.

Race 3 i had a strategy for that I'd worked out last Thursday. I already knew I could comfortably run with the pack on fuel setting 2 so all I had to do was use setting 1 for a bit of a boost now and again should the need arise. I also knew that if I was very careful I could make the tank go for 20 laps. I had Andy & Paul in front before I could make any podium spots. By time I'd got by Jason was 3.5 seconds up the road with Elias on his tail. Then the chase started. Slowly, I eventually caught up and used my unofficial boost to get by Elias. A couple of laps later Jason went off handing me the lead. All I had to do now was manage the gap to Elias. He got within striking distance a couple of times and then dropped back, but then opened the taps for the last 2 laps. I started the last lap with enough fuel for 1.5 laps, so after the first corner I opened the car up to keep him at bay finishing the race reading 0.1 ltr left in the tank!

Also, I was thoroughly impressed with Tomos and Trevor, both race craft and speed. Hope we get to race more with them as time goes on.

Yesterdays runners & riders:

GBRC-lunchbox147
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190902071517.jpg

Roman_gt23
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190902071531.jpg

Zebaldus
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190902071540.jpg

GBRC_Robant111
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190902071606.jpg

A13DarBray1TS
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190902071617.jpg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 6
Can we add a rule that if you need to leave the race for whatever reason to please either exit the race (not the lobby) or pull off somewhere off track? The car parked on the front straight was a bit sketchy, especially if you're battling for position.

P.S. So many bloody BMW's and not one of you lot used your turn signals! :odd::mischievous:

Can we add a rule that if you need to leave the race for whatever reason to please either exit the race (not the lobby) or pull off somewhere off track? The car parked on the front straight was a bit sketchy, especially if you're battling for position.

P.S. So many bloody BMW's and not one of you lot used your turn signals! :odd::mischievous:

SOoooo they're like that over your way as well:lol:

What we could do is as soon we realise theres a problem, the leader ( as they'll be the first to encounter a stationary car ) enters the pause menu and types "SC", safety car. Everyone then enters the pause menu so we are all going the same speed. ( Hopefully!) We then stay in the pause menu until the car is removed or the race restarted.

As for the signals, is a known fault that they're have a great deal of difficulty rectifying. :lol:

What we could do is as soon we realise theres a problem, the leader ( as they'll be the first to encounter a stationary car ) enters the pause menu and types "SC", safety car. Everyone then enters the pause menu so we are all going the same speed. ( Hopefully!) We then stay in the pause menu until the car is removed or the race restarted.

As for the signals, is a known fault that they're have a great deal of difficulty rectifying. :lol:
Like that idea Steve

I think the same, I bumped a couple of people on Thursday (apologies) the Lexus is pretty good getting the power down and a couple of times the Gtr's and Bm's would get sideways I'd close up and then when they straightened out I'd bump them, with times being so close I don't want to lift :) but I don't want to bump pass.

I knew it would be close, but qualifying, man there was nothing in it. Seventh on the grid with 2 tenths off pole!

Races for me were a mixed bag. Race one, I got distracted by a burger early on and so spent most of the race trying to at least regain my original position. Race 2 fought my way to the front and then a tap from behind sent me off onto the grass and eventually into the wall. Race 3 I decided to go flat out right from the start and pit at some point. The only way this could've back fired is if I got caught up for too long behind people trying to go the distance. Thankfully most people in front were on the same strategy.

Hats off to Elias for his performance last night, really strong and consistently quick, and to Trevonick ( there's that name again :bowdown: ) with an outstanding drive in the final race.

Thanks to Lunchbox for organising what is quickly becoming a classic.:bowdown:👍

Another great set of races! Seems the Lexus is good on fuel, I ran map 1 and just short shifted, and could do mid 08's, just had to hope everyone else was stopping!

"Distracted by a burger" is now number one in my sim racing driver excuse book, closely followed by, "the TV turned itself off" and "one of the kids sat on the remote" :).

Another great set of races! Seems the Lexus is good on fuel, I ran map 1 and just short shifted, and could do mid 08's, just had to hope everyone else was stopping!

"Distracted by a burger" is now number one in my sim racing driver excuse book, closely followed by, "the TV turned itself off" and "one of the kids sat on the remote" :).

You did it all at 1! That's amazing. Hats off to you.

As I sit here wrapping up my last livery creation in GTS and wrapping up for the evening I'm still grinning ear to ear on my drive today. I honestly didn't think I was able to get pole position as I felt the track suited the GTR and the BMW better due to the shear power. I was thinking in my head it was a redbull F1 conundrum that I would be better in the twisties but the straight line speed wouldn't be there. Particularly the first corner I kept hunting to see what the right line and braking point was.

Race 1 I was tentative on the first lap as I knew the tires weren't there yet and that allowed Jason and Carlos to cue up behind me. Then I made a small error tapping the wall in turn 3 but after that I just went for it and stopped playing safe. Carlos eventually was behind and put constant pressure on me. Even when I was ahead by 1.5 seconds I still treated like he was right behind. I was able to hold off for the win.

Race 2 I started from the back as per reverse grid. Mythological worked my way through until Nigel decided to have a picnic and wait for the bus which caused a huge pileup. I managed to stop but someone used me as a chisel to punch though. Oddly I made it out the best and continued to chase Steve and Mark. Steve made a mistake and being on dirty tires it allowed me to get through. Then I caught up to Mark who put up great defensive moves. 1st attempt into turn 1 I thought I could slip on the inside but he carried more speed from the outside and shut the door. The next time I went higher to try to box him out and we both didn't brake until the very last moment. I held my ground on the inside and managed to sneak by and then went on for a back to back win.

Race 3 my concentration was starting to go due to not running the fan and constantly playing with the fuel delivery. Kept switching between 1 on the oval portion and 3 before braking for turn 1. I was also making careless mistakes especially at the hairpin with tapping Jason, Going too hot the next time around to pass Jason. 5 laps in I knew I wasn't going to make it so I kept it and 1, pushed as hard as I can and then stop with 10 to go (which Steve had exactly the same idea). I wanted to put new tires in but I didn't think it was worth the extra 5 seconds so it was fuel only. The undercut worked on a lot of people but I was too far back to do anything for the podium. Hats off to Trevonick and Thomas for making the fuel last! Awesome stuff and thanks as always for the racing.

I streamed the races on my new channel. You lads can find them in the Gran Turismo playlist (Labeled 4,5&6).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClUukTMwQfoY4mrR3-OXAjw/playlists?view_as=subscriber

After Sunday nights racing I was on such a high what a brilliant nights racing.

Because the Subaru is not the fastest in a straight line I knew each race I had to try and hang on to the back of any of the fester cars on the straight to get a tow and the important part of that plan was getting a good exit on the last corner before the pit straight.
While I didn't win any races boy oh boy ws it fun, the plan worked until race two when I was gaining places until two cars had a coming together
right on a sharp corner and I was to close to avoid which in turn created a few cars to plough into the back of us, when I eventually broke free I was well down the field and to far away to get any tow advantage from anybody but it was still good fun.
Race three I just went for flat out driving and one fuel stop mainly because I got on the back of Rob and Trevonick who where flying and I could just hang on for that all important tow on the straight.
I can recall each race I always ended up having a brilliant side by side battle with Tomas, Rob and Trevonick and must say great racing lads we never touched once and it was always clean.

Well done to the podium winners and thank you Jason for yet another well oiled professional series, can't wait until next week where hopefully my old Subaru might do well (as well as I can drive it I might be the weakest link)

Thanks again gents

Back