GBRC Super Touring Car Series: 8pm GMT Sunday 1st September for 4 weeks.

I'm screenshotting this because I'll be tumbling down the stairway next race since I won't be in attendance :scared:
I've done a few gtplanet events and they've all been good, but this one with well balanced cars, sensible settings and such closely matched drivers is up there with the best.
Nice to hear but have to say its ALL down to Jasons careful planning and execution.

Yet another brilliant nights racing and yet again split seconds separating front to back on the grid.

The highlights for me was firstly finishing 3rd in the first race but that was after an amazing what seemed like the whole race just about hanging onto the back of trevonck.....Trevor I probably had a very slight edge on the twisty bits but could do nothing about the power of Trees car on the straights but boy oh boy what fun.

Race two I can't really recall anything significant other than the normal battles.

So onto race three that by the end I was buzzing.
I wasn't 100% sure of what my game plan would be other than I would short shift throughout and see how it panned out. By the half way mark I was still just above half a tank so was hopefully I could make it without a pit stop but its getting that balance of keeping ahead of the car behind and trying to gain places anyway gradually I produced a gap with the car behind and ended up right on the tail of Jason. It was obvious that with Jasons skills and the brute force of the GTR on the straight there wasn't much I could do to get by so just hung on lap after lap after lap and I was smiling all the way. Knowing there was nothing else I could do and there was a fair gap to the car behind and the fact I had that nigling doubt that I might not make it on the fuel I dived into the pit for a splash of fuel and got back out again still in 4th which I was pleased with. So head down for the final couple of laps but now giving the car bell tink as I had the fuel when I suddenly saw with one lap to go Jason had pulled into the pits, as I went round the corner at the end of the pit straight I could see Jason was moving out of the pits ohhhh the excitement I was thinking "come on Come on" and then as I drove by the pit exit I was just a fraction in front of Jason so again I knew I had to create that gap on the twisty section other wise Jason would just leave me dead in the water on the last straight but fortunately I was JUST able to stay ahead but was I smiling from the fun of that battle, unlucky Jason but you certainly made me work hard for that third place.

Great racing lads and well done to everybody with everybodys skills and sportsmanship is it the perfect ingredient for great racing.

Well done the the podium winners and thanks again Jason for organising.

Right from qualifying it was tough going, Carl pushing hard for pole so I could never let off. Even pitted for new boots!

Got away well for the first race, keeping Carl at bay. I just concentrated on hitting my marks hoping to edge away slightly. Then, the board had a rapid changing of names and I guessed there had been an incident of some kind. Carl got the right hand side onto the slippery rumble strip and got sideways just as Jason arrived. He collected Carl who then ghosted!?!?
This allowed me some breathing space and all I needed to do was keep it clean to the finish.

Reverse grid for race 2 so I knew I had my work cut out. But after 3 laps things started going wrong. Coming into the first corner Trev nudged Nigel in the braking zone so I had to take avoiding action and take to the run off. Then, as I was pushing harder to get back up with the pack, I started making small, stupid mistakes. This, the tyres suddenly losing grip and the dreaded “pause to menu” problem coming back put paid to any real forward progress. But it was kind of worth it just for the final sprint up the hill. Nigel battling with Paul up the hill, Nigel ducked out of Paul’s draft with me making use of the pair of them. I went for a gap between them. The finish line photo is great.

Race 3 I was in third for the start. There was Mark and Trevor in front. I had a good idea that Trevor was going the distance and that Mark would try to make a run for it. Then, early on, an opportunity presented itself where Mark had Trevor directly behind him with me carrying some good speed to get up the inside of Trevor, then Mark closed the door. One place made. Then I passed Mark on the start finish straight to slip into the lead. Now, I spent the rest of the race with one eye on the gap back to Trevor and the other on the fuel. I’d made up my mind early on to go all the way, being near the front at the start and the long exit from the pits confirmed this. Trevor drove a great race, keeping the pressure on right to the end, even taking the fastest lap of the race on the last lap with a 31.9!

So, onto the final round at the Red Bull Ring with it all still to play for.

Thanks to Jason for organising and hosting, think I’ll be keeping these replays!

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190916175154.jpg

The battle for 5th, 6th & 7th in race 2 with a separation of 0.053 sec!

I'm feeling quite good about the Lexus for RBR. Gets the power down nicely and I'm running close to what I was running in last weeks GT Sport online races. Going to be a good one!

P.S. man forget falling down the stairs I fell off a cliff in the standings! :ouch:

I'm using the Lexus in manufacturers tonight...it's a nightmare in the wet, if I finish on the same lap as the winner I'll be happy!

Ah that's right! I actually signed up with Lamborghini because the Gr.3 is a monster on the straights and the Gr.4 is easy to drive since it's AWD. Should come in handy in the rain :P.

I still think the GTR will be the car to beat but you have to be patient with putting the throttle down. With worn tires I think the Lexus will be easier to drive throughout the race.

Not taking the pi@! out of Jason but that is a brilliant sound clip you inserted Elias, I do feel for you Jason all that effort and that happens
perhaps you should fit an abacus next to your PS4:rolleyes:

I can't say anything else different but what a brilliant series thank you Jason and to everybody who turned up week after week
and swelling the numbers I love it when there's plenty on track and what a pleasant surprise Jim turning up, considering you don't race with us much Jim you still have good speed which is good for somebody of your age.( I know kettle and black)

Well done to Trevor for the series win you were consistent throughout and obviously the master of saving fuel while maintaining pace so you overall win was well deserved.
Good result Steve coming second overall but again we didn't expect anything less.
Good one Carl coming third overall you managed to beat me by one point you bugger.
Jason you would have been a lot higher in the rankings I think that's going to sting for a while having said that the same can
be said to you Carl.

I was pleased with my result of fourth overall considering the only way I had any chance was to tuck into slipstreams but it certainly made it interesting and I think it improved my driving I need all the help I can get. My problem now is when Im on the road going to work if I get behind a BMW I follow it almost touching his rear bumper:P

Had some really good close battles throughout the series very often battling and sticking close to the back of Rob and Trevor great fun guys and also had some close racing with Tomas, Andy your getting some good pace now well done mate and as for Mark your always a threat to us all nice one. Paul I always struggle to overtake you but a BIG thank you, Ive never laughed so much for a long time when your headphones were playing up, Im not laughing at you and sorry you had the problem but I was just crying with laughter but glad you got them fixed

Good to see you with us more often Elias and again Jim good to have the guest appearance.

In the shakedowns we had the latest member Huskybloke...... Neil... welcome aboard you have good pace already so look forward to you joining us more often in the Mazda series.

Looking forward to the Mazda TC series now in testing it really created some brilliant racing and get a track full of them and it has to be a recipe for fun.

Thanks once again Jason for your hard work in organising and promoting your series.

A great series! Really good fun close racing with a lot of potential winners, I'm glad I'm not the only one that struggles to do basic maths whilst racing, I literally have to count the laps on my fingers :embarrassed:, I had to burn a lot of fuel early on, then save like mad, fortunately the Lexus saves fuel like a Prius, unlucky Jason, that lap was shaping up for a classic! Well done to all that took part, and many thanks to Jason for organising a great series :cheers:

First of all, apologies to you all for my standard of driving last night. A few technical, physical and mental issues made for some really scruffy moments. It even got to the point during the Mazda test at the end where I couldn't feel the steering wheel properly. Anyway, enough about that!

It got to that stage of the "season" where everyone understood their respective cars better, and the lap times showed this with drivers being separated by the smallest margins. Qualifying was hard fought with drivers now pitting half way through for fresh boots. Was it me or was there a real sweet spot on the third lap? I managed to take pole just in front of a flying Jason, who I knew would have more up his sleeve.

Race 1 got under way and my plan was to try and make it to the second corner with no dramas. If I could do that then I thought I may be able to edge away enough to not give anyone a tow. I got a couple of seconds gap and then saw that Tomos was now on a charge and making inroads into my lead. So, I got my head down for the last couple of laps to keep ahead enough to take the win.

Starting the second race from the back and my aim was to try and keep Trevonick within a couple of places in front. But then it all started to unravel. Too many mistakes were made and it was a very poor race from my perspective. Just couldn't find any rhythm.

Race 3 and my initial plan was to take it easy on the gas and only give it the berries when needed. This lasted until just after the first corner. I got a good run up behind Paul, pulled out of the slipstream in the braking zone and..... it wasn't slowing down! Carl was approaching fast s I let off the brakes, turned left and aimed for the space just behind him, knocking him in the process. This put me second last in the field. So, back into economy mode. But I just wasn't making enough headway. From then on, it was qualifying mode until the end. I pitted in as early as I could to get enough fuel which worked out quite well as when I started to catch people up again they were pitting so I didn't lose too much time. I was up to fifth with a few laps to go, Carl hot on my heels and I was catching Nigel. The gap to the leader was coming down too but Trev was too far in front to catch in time. The best I could reasonably hope for was to pass Nigel whilst trying to keep Carl at bay. I eventually passed Nigel and a little while later there was a white car going slow. It was Jason! I was up into third! Then, coming out of the last corner the car started to slow. I couldn't work out why to start off with. Then I realised that I'd run out of fuel too! Then, without really looking, I moved off the racing line to get out of the way only to pull in front of Carl who had no where go. Apologies Carl, it wasn't what it looked like.

The series as a whole? Great! There were some great battles each week and the added situation of whether to conserve fuel or gun it and stop for the last race worked quite well. I went 50/50 over the four races. Over the entire race distance ( with one exception ) there was a huge advantage to pitting. The only thing you couldn't predict was what everyone else would be doing.

My driver of the series has to be Trevonick. A clean, precise and clinical driver, picking his moments just right, great pace and a thoroughly deserved placing in the series.

Also, a huge thank you to Jason. All the initial work in finding the suitable cars and the continued updating and advertising us to gain some extra drivers. Very much appreciated Sir!:D

And finally, to everyone that made it throughout this series. Without you guys we wouldn't have all this to read through each week!

Thanks for reading gents, see you in the Mazdas! ;)

EDIT: Great to see Jim back as well, even if he did turn up in a Honda powered Mitsubishi! The rules clearly stated "No Tuning":rolleyes:

After i slight hiccup in the point calculation sorry for that i would like to congratulate Fido, Trevonick and scenga for a great battle.

onto the Mazda cup next Sunday should shake it up a bit.

As someone who works with numbers for a living. I think you're missing 45 points for Roman GT23 for races 7-9. That means I actually won right? :gtpflag::bowdown::cheers::sly:

Back