General Fighting Games Thread

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 3,264 comments
I just got back into fighting games and I wonder if there is anyone who knows a lot about SNK fighting games here? I have been playing KOF 98, Garou and Samurai shodown 2 for these past days. I was wondering if I should get Lastblade 1 and 2 or just one of the 2?

I watch a lot of SaltyBet on Twitch (and sometimes SpriteClub). Seeing certain SNK fighters gives me some insight on various SNK fighting games. I honestly have followed more CAPCOM fighters than SNK. So I can't really help you there except for following a lot of the usual suspects (King of Fighters, Samurai Shodon, The Last Blade, etc.).

I just got back into fighting games and I wonder if there is anyone who knows a lot about SNK fighting games here? I have been playing KOF 98, Garou and Samurai shodown 2 for these past days. I was wondering if I should get Lastblade 1 and 2 or just one of the 2?
I do know a lot of SNK, but the Last Blade series is full of bugs and nearly unplayable.

On Twitch, I'm watching Soul Calibur 6 on the IGN channel. SC6 looks pretty awesome! The series has come a long way even when it was known as Soul Edge.

So much for the idea that Gigas "Replaced" Marduk :lol:

*Cue a certain Julia Chang fan getting excited*

Edit: Speaking Of Marduk:

Last edited:
I have been seeing a lot of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate streams on Twitch. It is still pretty mind-blowing the huge roster of characters and the usual frenzied action in the game. Had I a Switch, I'd definitely play the daylights out of this game.

Any life around these parts?

Usually, I tend to be the main one posting trailers and such (well usually for Tekken and Mortal Kombat,), just got caught up in other stuff so sorta have been off the ball.

I'm trying to get a feel for how active the thread is before I start posting FighterZ gameplay and talking about it. :P

No worries, RACECAR. I thought initially posting about Mortal Kombat 11. Just didn't get around to posting. If I get a PlayStation 4, I may try to find a good enough fighting game to hold me down. I really do want to try Tekken 7 in starting a would-be PS4 collection.

I'm trying to get a feel for how active the thread is before I start posting FighterZ gameplay and talking about it. :P

Post it and they'll come. ;)

I got it for switch, however havent touched it since Smash bros U got out.

On another note, dont you think a lot of FighterZ fans will move onto JumForce? It looks promising, however the camera changes look very disorientating when compared to traditional 2d/2.5d fighters.

Post it and they'll come. ;)

I got it for switch, however havent touched it since Smash bros U got out.

On another note, dont you think a lot of FighterZ fans will move onto JumForce? It looks promising, however the camera changes look very disorientating when compared to traditional 2d/2.5d fighters.

I'd have to give that one a stern "no," especially for me.

Been messing around with Jiren and this is what I've come up with so far (at the time, I've already improved both these and two others):

elaborate?
I do not think the Esports money is there lol. GGXrd is still being played aside from FighterZ coming out. Then we have MK11 coming out soon and hopefully, it does not die as fast as X and XL.

ASW is on a streak with FighterZ in the lead then Xrd, BBCTB. Though they are focusing on other games.

Last edited:
Any life around these parts?

I decided not to pretend that I love Street Fighter anymore and went full-on embracing Smash.

But Smash isn't big in this part of the interwebz. Decided to give my sister the WiiU since SmashU came out, anticipating a sharp decline in players. I can't foresee myself getting a Switch just for the one game.

I decided not to pretend that I love Street Fighter anymore and went full-on embracing Smash.

But Smash isn't big in this part of the interwebz. Decided to give my sister the WiiU since SmashU came out, anticipating a sharp decline in players. I can't foresee myself getting a Switch just for the one game.

SFV is just...what was done to Sagat is unforgivable. I don't care for the way V plays in general, it's too much footsies and it's stiff as all hell.

I've played Smash when I was in high school but I've never played Smash before.

Anime characters only

images

40th Anniversary of SNK? The return of Samurai Shodon? Say what? Are you kidding me, mate?

My initial thought is that SamSho looks to do in transistion from Street Fighter 3 to Street Fighter 4. I consider Samurai Shodon as an iconic fighting game franchise, so it is great to see this new style of SamSho return. Though I've played more of The Last Blade than Samurai Shodon. I do think this is going to be a pretty good deal to follow. That is... unless Samurai Shodown 2019 ends up being a clunker.

SFV is just...what was done to Sagat is unforgivable. I don't care for the way V plays in general, it's too much footsies and it's stiff as all hell.

I've played Smash when I was in high school but I've never played Smash before.

High-level Smash players are hella flexible players prepared for multiple situations to occur after every exchange of punchs/kicks. When they make consecutive reads, it just blows my mind how they read so far into the play and improvise their spacing and timing.

EVO is showing a BlazBlue tournament at present. I am told BlazBlue is like Guilty Gear, but with time travel. "BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle" is an impressive-looking game. Smooth 2D graphics and great fighting mechanics. I never played any BlazBlue game.

Back