General GT 4 Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter kabe586
  • 77 comments
  • 6,995 views
Messages
3
Hi everybody,
I have been reading through a lot of posts here, however i have a few specific questions about GT4 for those of you who have it already.

First of all, i read that endurance hall requires atleast 25% complete to open, is this true? Also if so, do any other halls require a certain amount complete, or just a specific model car?

Also i have read about the credit transfer. Does it actually transfer the credits (you loose 100,000 credits from your GT3 save file) or just copy over credits.? Also since then has anybody tried to load up GT3 to make sure your garage was ok? After hearing of the many bugs in GT4 i would hate to import 100k just to have a bug mess up my GT3 file which i worked so hard on.

Thanks!
 
It tells you when you first put the game in...
 
kabe586
Hi everybody,
I have been reading through a lot of posts here, however i have a few specific questions about GT4 for those of you who have it already.

First of all, i read that endurance hall requires atleast 25% complete to open, is this true? Also if so, do any other halls require a certain amount complete, or just a specific model car?

Also i have read about the credit transfer. Does it actually transfer the credits (you loose 100,000 credits from your GT3 save file) or just copy over credits.? Also since then has anybody tried to load up GT3 to make sure your garage was ok? After hearing of the many bugs in GT4 i would hate to import 100k just to have a bug mess up my GT3 file which i worked so hard on.

Thanks!

Yes endurance hall does require 25% game complete to enter. You also have to finish the 2 lower level events halls in order to play the extreme events.
 
Is there a way to disable 900 degree mode with the DFP? I cant get Select/R3/Right paddle to work.
 
nzo
Is there a way to disable 900 degree mode with the DFP? I cant get Select/R3/Right paddle to work.

Probably because the game is designed around 900 degrees. Why in the holy hell would you want to turn it off? Might as well sell the wheel and go back to the DS2, since you'd be removing everything that makes the wheel worth driving with.
 
Not to hijack this thread or anything but I am having trouble finding something. Where can you go to have your car drive and hear the history about it? I loved reading the history of cars in GT2/3, and I just bought a BMW M Coupe without reading the info about. Is there anyway I can find this info again?
 
Jedi2016
Probably because the game is designed around 900 degrees. Why in the holy hell would you want to turn it off? Might as well sell the wheel and go back to the DS2, since you'd be removing everything that makes the wheel worth driving with.

I'm sure most people here feel the same way you do, but 900 mode feels really unnatural to me. Nothing like tracking a real car. Maybe its all the weird drag on the wheel movement.
 
Anyone find out if atleast the U.S Version could racing modify there cars.. I havent played yet, still drooling on the cars, specially the Jaguar XJR-9
 
nzo
I'm sure most people here feel the same way you do, but 900 mode feels really unnatural to me. Nothing like tracking a real car. Maybe its all the weird drag on the wheel movement.

:odd:

Nothing like a real car? And having the computer half drive for you with only 180 degrees of steering IS realistic?

What "drag" are you talking about?
 
By drag I mean the resistance on the wheel when turning feels unnatural. Anyway solved my own problem, it works now.

Edit: Actually now that Ive tried it 180 sucks with GT4. I guess the physics are different enough from 3. Guess Ill just have to practice :)
 
GILLET: No [R] bodies if that's what you mean. You can pop a spoiler on your car, and it will allow the adjustment of downforce.
 
slowman
GILLET: No [R] bodies if that's what you mean. You can pop a spoiler on your car, and it will allow the adjustment of downforce.


Yea, I figured that out.. damn all I got to say is that I'm rusty.. :nervous:
Thank You PD for this!!!.. :grumpy:
 
GILLET
Yea, I figured that out.. damn all I got to say is that I'm rusty.. :nervous:
Thank You PD for this!!!.. :grumpy:


yeah, and don't be fooled when your in a 'tune shop' and you see 'full model' with a little car icon........ it's just a normal car with all the shops parts on it, no body mods or special paint jobs............... the TOM's chaser is just plain white...........boring 👎
 
I just played GT4, is there a way to get easy licence an money
 
Shouldn't this have been asked in usernamed's Answers to all your GT4 Questions thread?
 
In order to transfer you credits (a maxium of 100.000) and licenses from GT3, you have to go to "Home>Status" and press the start button I think. It tells you in small letters at the bottom of the screen.
 
For those that have the game and have spent some time in the options area...what is setting the 'difficulty' level actualy doing for you?

Is it making the car handle more 'life like' or is making the AI harder to compete against? I've already gone into the options/controller area and set the DFP to 'simulation' mode & upped the FF to 100%....but if you go into any race..say under arcade mode, and go to options, there is an entry for 'difficulty' which can be set to something like 0 or 10..??

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

SimRaceDriver
 
Do you race?
Shouldn't this have been asked in usernamed's Answers to all your GT4 Questions thread?

[edited by administrator]
 
Quick question:

Do courses get unlocked simply after a certain number of days pass?

I just started my game, did the first 15 B License tests, and then went back to the main screen and got a message that Deep Forest was unlocked. I have 0.0% complete and don't even have a car. It's Apr 17 (16 days) and I haven't done anything but some license tests, and haven't even obtained an actual license yet.

(edit)

OK, nevermind... I see that the tracks unlock themselves after a specific number of days all the way up to Day 351.
 
jb23fan
no, [edited by administrator]
jb23fan:

I've read all 12 of your posts to date. Precisely ONE of those posts was of any value to the forum at all. Among the rest, there are enough violations of the acceptable use policy and the terms of service that I could ban you out of hand right now.

This forum is a community and we will not tolerate argumentative and abusive people. You signed up and agreed to a set of rules that I'm sure you didn't bother to read. Nonetheless those rules will be enforced and you are expected to follow them, or you will receive disciplinary action.

There are links in my signature so you can refresh your memory.

Based on the attitude you've displayed so far, if I see another outburst like that I will ban your account. Understood?
 
Since this thread is for general questions, I'll post mine (haven't played it yet).

Is it true or false that time penalties exist in the game for things such as "bumper car turning", etc.?

If you enter a race with a particular car, is it true or false that there is a way to gauge the challenge of the race?
 
MikeK
Is it true or false that time penalties exist in the game for things such as "bumper car turning", etc.?
Supposedly. So far I've been only in slow races so the slowdown penalty hasn't been noticeable. Either that or I've never hit anybody hard enough to invoke it (not that I've tried).
If you enter a race with a particular car, is it true or false that there is a way to gauge the challenge of the race?
There is an extremely rough gauge by judging the number of A-spec points offered. However this is not a very accurate reading, and anyway you can't see how many points it will be until you actually enter the race, which sticnks considering there's no qualifying. It's very difficult to set up a challenging race without burning a huge number of game days and murdering your win ratio (not that I really care about either number, but the Used Car list does add some significance to the game days).
 
Is the drag strip available in 2-player mode?

neon_duke, if you've read more than half of my posts, you will see the above question over and over simply because I haven't got an answer...not even an "I don't know".
 
The time penalty only comes into effect on certain races. The Special Conditions Races are an example of this. While racing Race #2, Costa Di Amalfa (sp?) if you hit the wall or the other car hard enough, a message comes up in the middle of the screen telling you you have a 5 second penalty. It counts down until the penalty is over, but while it's in effect your speed is restricted to 30 mph or so. You can still steer, but you can't accelerate past this speed.
 
I've noticed in B-spec, the computer hit each other but get no penalty?
 
Big_V
Is the drag strip available in 2-player mode?

neon_duke, if you've read more than half of my posts, you will see the above question over and over simply because I haven't got an answer...not even an "I don't know".
I have read them. I'm not complaining. I have no idea if it is or not, and I assume nobody else does either. I know that tracks are opened up as you progress toward completion so perhaps it doesn't appear until later in the game.
Anderton Prime
The Special Conditions Races are an example of this. While racing Race #2, Costa Di Amalfa (sp?) if you hit the wall or the other car hard enough, a message comes up in the middle of the screen telling you you have a 5 second penalty.
Ahhhh, so there is a positive indication you're getting black flagged. Good. Thanks for explaining that!
 
neon_duke
Ahhhh, so there is a positive indication you're getting black flagged. Good. Thanks for explaining that!

What do you mean I'm getting "black flagged?" Is it like being blacklisted?
 
Back