General GT 4 Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter kabe586
  • 77 comments
  • 6,995 views
Sorry for being stupid, but is there any way we can shut the stupid ghost off. It realy does nothing for me, if anything it makes me mess up. So if anyone can tell me if there is a way to turn it off Id love it.
 
what? you cant bounce off the walls, or hit the other cars to get them out of your way? maybe i should try to rent or bough this game before i buy it. its got some things in it that just sound really stupid and annoying, but we'll see. i might love it like the other GT games.
 
Sorry for being stupid, but is there any way we can shut the stupid ghost off. It realy does nothing for me, if anything it makes me mess up. So if anyone can tell me if there is a way to turn it off Id love it.
 
Am I missing something?! Sorry to ask a dumb question but I can't see how to change the auto tranny to manual. I went to 'options' and 'settings' and nothing's there. I also went to see if I can change it when I tune the car and nothing. Anyone? I'd greatly appreciated it.

AJ :sick:
 
Im sure I saw that on setting in the home menue, but cant tell you where for sure right now Im at work but if no one answers it for you by then I will post something later today.
 
Anderton Prime
What do you mean I'm getting "black flagged?" Is it like being blacklisted?
In racing a driver who is driving dangerously, making illegal moves, or who's car is leaking fluids or losing parts (causing a hazard to other drivers) gets the black flag pointed at them. In most cases it's a command to pit for a consultation or repairs. Sometimes it means a 'drive through' penalty, meaning the driver just has to drive through the pits at the speed limit and doesn't have to stop. In any case, it indicates disciplinary action by the stewards against a driver causing problems on track.
f1king
Sorry for being stupid, but is there any way we can shut the stupid ghost off. It realy does nothing for me, if anything it makes me mess up. So if anyone can tell me if there is a way to turn it off Id love it.
Push up on the D-pad. Toggles on and off.
ajSC
Am I missing something?! Sorry to ask a dumb question but I can't see how to change the auto tranny to manual. I went to 'options' and 'settings' and nothing's there. I also went to see if I can change it when I tune the car and nothing. Anyone? I'd greatly appreciated it.
Yeah, you're missing something. It's in the top row or two of the OPTIONS screen, somewhere near the Driver Assists.
 
dan7u
In order to transfer you credits (a maxium of 100.000) and licenses from GT3, you have to go to "Home>Status" and press the start button I think. It tells you in small letters at the bottom of the screen.
Does this mean you can do so at anytime, say if you had a change of heart after sayinf no at the beggining. Good news 👍
 
neon_duke
In racing a driver who is driving dangerously, making illegal moves, or who's car is leaking fluids or losing parts (causing a hazard to other drivers) gets the black flag pointed at them. In most cases it's a command to pit for a consultation or repairs. Sometimes it means a 'drive through' penalty, meaning the driver just has to drive through the pits at the speed limit and doesn't have to stop. In any case, it indicates disciplinary action by the stewards against a driver causing problems on track.

Push up on the D-pad. Toggles on and off.

Yeah, you're missing something. It's in the top row or two of the OPTIONS screen, somewhere near the Driver Assists.

Thanks neon made me feel very stupid. 👍
 
~DrifterEX~
i've searched the forums for a bit, and I cant find my answer. I was at a cheat code site and it says to unlock the paintshop just get 2,000 cr. Is there even a paint shop at all? I have 2,010 cr. ????

http://www.gamewinners.com/playstation2/GranTurismo4.htm

Is the link to the site where I saw this


its not 2000cr its 2000 A-spec pts and somehow i dont really believe it, im pretty sure i have over 2000 A spec pts and nothing happen(s)ed.
 
random Q to a GT4 owner-
with this B spec mode, the main thing about it is that u monitor the race instead of being in the driver seat, so i would like to know how you view the race? is it like the replay style camera modes? or are there new views (like birds eye or something).ive read all the FAQs and seen 1 or 2 screens from B spec but i couldent tell from that. thanks in advance.
 
i am newbie too....i have a question..is the racing mods in da game?i played this game bout 2 months but still unable to find it...thx...
 
GT-R_gametalk
i am newbie too....i have a question..is the racing mods in da game?i played this game bout 2 months but still unable to find it...thx...

You mean the Racing mods like in GT2? If so then no GT4 doesnt have them.
 
phresh
random Q to a GT4 owner-
with this B spec mode, the main thing about it is that u monitor the race instead of being in the driver seat, so i would like to know how you view the race? is it like the replay style camera modes? or are there new views (like birds eye or something).ive read all the FAQs and seen 1 or 2 screens from B spec but i couldent tell from that. thanks in advance.

There are a few ways to view the race in B-Spec mode. First, you can view it "Replay-Style" and switch between which car you want to view (yours or one of the other five). Next you can choose "In-Cockpit" view by bressing X. Here too you can also cycle through all 6 cars in the race. The final Live View is a "Rearview" mode where you see what's going on directly behind one of the 6 cars.

If you press R1 you will switch to another screen which contains no Live footage. Instead, there's a list of the cars on the left, a map of the race showing each car's position on the right, a distance-graph along the bottom showing the car icons and the distance in feet between each car (as well as what position they're each in), and along the top is the regular speed meter (1,2,3,4,5,Overtake, Pit) and at the top right there's a small graphic telling you what condition your tires and fuel are in as well as a brief pit history of which tires you put on in your last three pitstops (as well as which laps you pitted on). In this "Director's Mode" you can change the view speed of the race from 1x (real-time) to 2x and even 3x normal speed. Do this by pressing and holding L1 and then pressing right on the D-pad.

Hope that helped.
 
Ha ha, I'd like to say "We don't like your kind around here," but that would be rude and dismissive of me. So instead, follow Toleman's advice and figure it out for yourself. Guaranteed you'll have more fun that way!!
 
Hope this hasnt been asked before , but is there a page or listing that shows the differences between same car models? For example RX-7 RS-R and RX-7 Spirit.
 
no they took all the scrolling text and info pages out (gt3-gt2) i loved reading about all the facts, i learned alot from it. theres brief info on the car compony though, by brief i mean 2sentences... is that what you meant? lol :)
 
Nah, i needed info on cars because i bought a supra that couldnt be turbo'd that i didnt know about so i resold it. Just wanted to know which was the best of each company.
 
mustang_4_ever
no they took all the scrolling text and info pages out (gt3-gt2) i loved reading about all the facts, i learned alot from it. theres brief info on the car compony though, by brief i mean 2sentences... is that what you meant? lol :)

Yeah I miss that to. Like when I was going to buy the R33 I didn't know if the N1 was a better choice then the V-spec. Back in GT2 the car info would have helped me make the choice.
 
is it just me or are there many fewer events in the beginner's league? cuz i remember gt3 having quite a few and now i play gt4 and see only...7-9, i dont remember at the moment

it just seems like im never going to find a tournament that i can enter, win, and get a lot of money because i have been reading other threads with people saying "what's the next 4 million dollar car i should buy?" and im sitting here thinking that im never going to get anywhere near that. any suggestions?
 
Go to manufacturer races and single make races. People get loads of cash from racing the special condition race #2 then selling the car for $260,000. Once you get through that and complete 25% of the game you can do enduro races that pay $1,000,000 for a tournament win.
 
does anyone know how to tune you car. I know how to buy parts but i dont know how to adjust the suspension.
 
If you go into a race of any kinda there will be an option in the same menu at the bottom as the option to race..it should be red and looks like an open tool box. when your in the settings menu the way to set something up is to click on the wrench if there is one beside the part. I have a question now!!!

I am in the middle of racing the f1 champion ship and i have no idea how many races i got myself into ..im on the 14th race...can any help me and tell me how many more ive got!
 
You can still exit out of the race when you see your lap time at the end of a race, then just go back in and complete the rest of the tracks.
 
Does anybody know how to get the text at the bottom of the screen to scroll? When in certain menu's there is text at the very bottom of the screen and it is cut off by the right side of the screen. It is like it should be scrolling but it isn't.
 
Back