General Quick Match Event(s) Database/Discussion (v1.08)

• Thread starter NW48
  • 203 comments
QMF
...........that this number doesn't give the amount of players or games currently running, but the total number of races finished since the start of the event. ;)

Oh, OK, understood. :dunce: I thought that those numbers (apparently representing # of races completed) were dynamically changing all the time....going up and down in realtime.........depending on the number of participants at any given moment. :dopey::dopey:!

I thought something similar at first, but then recognized that these numbers never were decreasing - only constantly rising the longer the event is been available. The current amount of people playing this event is being shown with the stylized buddies: 1 meaning that not many people playing this event now and e.g. 5 saying "hot event" almost every race filled up with 14-16 participants (or at least people who would like to participate - what PSN/PD-Servers can handle is something completly different).

Last edited:
Another thing... How is the Matching done??? Are there any stats we can access? I wouldn't mind knowing how my competition and other people I don't match up with compare for fastest lap or fastest race or how many wins to races these people have. Are there tiers?

Cheers

They just updated it today.

K-Car Battle (London, 2 laps, Expert): same as last time
European Compact Car Battle (Brands Hatch Indy, 2 laps, Expert): same as last time (C4, 207 GTi, Mini Cooper S '11, Clio RS, Golf V GTI)
Ferrari 458 Italia One-Make Battle (Monza, 2 laps, Expert, World matching): Ferrari 458 Italia only (obvious)
Super GT GT500 Battle (Bathurst, 2 laps, World matching): same as last time

:)

They just updated it today.

K-Car Battle (London, 2 laps, Expert): same as last time
European Compact Car Battle (Brands Hatch Indy, 2 laps, Expert): same as last time (C4, 207 GTi, Mini Cooper S '11, Clio RS, Golf V GTI)
Ferrari 458 Italia One-Make Battle (Monza, 2 laps, Expert, World matching): Ferrari 458 Italia only (obvious)
Super GT GT500 Battle (Bathurst, 2 laps, World matching): same as last time

:)
Really!? A 458 Italia for a one-make event in it's name! I woulda bet my life that it was the Daiharsu Midget we were using! ;) Thanks again for the lists, I'll update it a little bit later.

I actually had a good race in a long time in a quick match room this morning in the 458 one make event. I had a nice three car battle for the lead which was pretty nice. Everyone in the room was clean which was a shock lol.

I made the same experience in London with the K-car-battle: out of 12 races I did this morning, 10 were absolut OK and at least in half of them there was actually not a single contact with another car, though we had a real competition for the standings and ranking changed more than once during the races. Maybe the high penalties do quite a good job in this combo and short cutting is also very limited due to the track layout - very big downside is that there is no opportunity for driving a warm up lap.
So far I tried the Copen Active Top,the OFC-1, the Honda Beat and the Suzuki Cervo SR and was able to win with each of them - at least when placed in grid place 1-4. But even from the very back I could manage to reach the podium. One thing to note is the very well fitting gear box of Cervo (reaches 6th gear twice a lap!), which makes it quite a good starter (was able to gain up to three positions just due to its brilliant acceleration at start!).

Last edited:
Had a run on the Bathurst race and I've got to say that PD really need to limit the grid size on this event. When running with 10 or so people the racing was pretty clean but with a full grid there just wasnt enough room. Running GT500 cars are a good choice as they're fast and easy to control but even so when the cars are bunched up there's not much room to battle across the top of the mountain. The strong draft means that you get bunched together going through the chase which constantly ends in tears. People seem to be favouring the GT-R as its faster down the straights but I used the Honda and it seemed more than capable of winning.

The 458 race is also fun, for some reason I had trouble with my braking even after I felt I had my markers correct. Not sure if it was due to the strong slipstream or just not braking hard enough. Big issue here is people reentering the track after having an off. You're traveling so fast even a slight clip will see you flying off the track.

What brake bias are people using in the 458?

did a few races in the Ferrari one make race and heres what i gathered. You can count on getting rammed all the time very few clean races. Even though its fun to brake early and let them fly past you and wreck it gets annoying. Im wondering how penalties work. I was coming from behind to overtake and took to inside line and out braked car infront we touched and he got penalty. Also I saw people cutting with all four off and no penalty.

First I must take back what I said yesterday about the penalty-system in London - it's total crap - half of the time the victim gets the punishment.

Also I made myself some thoughts about how this feature could be made a little more pleasant for the non-chaos-fans:

1.) One big problem ist the sometimes very big difference in the driving skills of the participants. So I would prefer that every event has three skill-levels and let's call them beginner, advanced and expert.
In beginner mode there is SRF always turned on for all drivers. All driving aids should be available. There should be weak penalties but no mechanical damage as it is now. The environment settings should be easy, so griploss on weak, slipstream on strong, boost strong, no changing weather or time, no tyre wear and fuel consumption.
In advanced mode the SRF is turned off for all. Other driving aids are available. The penalties are strong and the mechanical damage is set to weak. Environment is set to griploss realistic, slipstream weak, boost weak, no changing weather but changing time. Tyre wear and fuel consumption on weak.
In expert mode the SRF is turned off for all. Other driving aids only available if the choosen car does have them in real. So if you choose a historic car e.g. from the 60ies or 70ies ABS should not be available at all. The penalties again strong, slipstream realistic, boost off, changing weather and time. Tyre wear and fuel consumption realistic.
Also the race time should exceed longer in higher skill level (more laps).

2.) To be able to take part in the different skill-levels someone should need a online-licence (available in beginner, advance, expert). To get this licence there should be driving-tests which focus on respectful driving with other cars (something similiar like the overtaking events on the nordschleife in GT5). For getting advanced or experts these test should be made online together with other players who want to get this license in a room moderated by PD. And you have to register for this and pay some fee (if you have to pay people think twice if it is funny to cause chaos). And after succeeding you get your license from PD. But this license is not for ever! If you drive like an a.... and others tell that PD with the replay attached to - PD schould be able to take your license away, so you have to do it again (and pay again) or if that happens too much - this account won't get any online-license anymore.

3.) There should be a point rating system more than just a time rating for the ranking. I would do that like the sierra-rallye. One gets points per meters he's driving per time and additional bonusses for number of overtakings, highest Speed in a certain point, total highest speed, best lap time. But also loss of bonus for ramming or short-cutting. Extra bonus for clean race (if no contact and no comming off track) and perfect race (if a clean race is won).

4.) An open communication system e.g. like the text-chat in open rooms for clearing missunderstandings or excusing for a drving mistake.

Just thought I'd point out that k-car and euro compact races have SRF OFF / penalties strong and the GT 500 is SRF ON Boost weak and penalties weak.

Does anyone know if it's dedicated hosting? I've only tried quick match a few times but tonight, 5 disconnects trying to match, 2 ok races were I was just so much faster and then it felt like a host switch (Big stutter) and then lag spikes and crashes happening all over the show... Really getting boring fast, just want some quick, clean and fun races!

actually had some clean racing and had one guy apologize for hitting me. The only time you get a challenge is if they but you in the back . I was trying to figure out how they do the order I thought it was if you win you get put in the back next race but was wrong I was still being put in first.

Last edited:
Had a run on the Bathurst race and I've got to say that PD really need to limit the grid size on this event. When running with 10 or so people the racing was pretty clean but with a full grid there just wasnt enough room. Running GT500 cars are a good choice as they're fast and easy to control but even so when the cars are bunched up there's not much room to battle across the top of the mountain. The strong draft means that you get bunched together going through the chase which constantly ends in tears. People seem to be favouring the GT-R as its faster down the straights but I used the Honda and it seemed more than capable of winning.

The 458 race is also fun, for some reason I had trouble with my braking even after I felt I had my markers correct. Not sure if it was due to the strong slipstream or just not braking hard enough. Big issue here is people reentering the track after having an off. You're traveling so fast even a slight clip will see you flying off the track.

What brake bias are people using in the 458?
I've had myself that very same brake situation and so far it seems due to super slipstream...

Has the brands hatch event been at night all the time?

I've had myself that very same brake situation and so far it seems due to super slipstream...

Has the brands hatch event been at night all the time?

I've had a couple of brands hatch races at night, but mostly they were during the day. Shame I liked the night races

Just thought I'd point out that k-car and euro compact races have SRF OFF / penalties strong and the GT 500 is SRF ON Boost weak and penalties weak.

The Brands Hatch Event was alternating between SRF "OFF" and "ON" over the first few days of the event. It's been mostly SRF "OFF" the last two nights for me. I haven't come across Brands Hatch at Night yet, but have really enjoyed this one because the course cutters, dive bombers and retaliatory players soon leave once they discover the course to be too technical to keep their interest.

The penalty-system (especially on Brands Hatch) is so bad: just go to the inside (in most cases it doesn't matter if you stay on track or not for that), ramm the car in front out of the way and he will get a ramming penalty. Or if you want the guy behind you not to overtake, again go to the inside early, break hard, stay inside and if the guy chooses to overtake out side, just wait until he is almost side by side with you and then send him out with an additional ramming penalty to cope with. I've been checked in that kind of way from every participant in every race I made today at least once. I wonder which brainless dummy has coded such a dark joke!

Last edited:
I tried the quick match for the first time last night and found it very enjoyable, as a massive fan of BTCC racing I do try to drive as cleanly as possible but also don't mind a bit of 'rubbing' and don't take it too seriously when I get punted off by accident (I did get a bit miffed by one person who decided that slamming his brakes on as I draughted him for the overtake for the lead so I hit him and got a penalty was acceptable) It's a great concept and I'll be back on tonight :D

I tried the quick match for the first time last night and found it very enjoyable, as a massive fan of BTCC racing I do try to drive as cleanly as possible but also don't mind a bit of 'rubbing' and don't take it too seriously when I get punted off by accident (I did get a bit miffed by one person who decided that slamming his brakes on as I draughted him for the overtake for the lead so I hit him and got a penalty was acceptable) It's a great concept and I'll be back on tonight :D

I agree, you're churning through races so quickly and they're so short that I don't think you can really get upset when someone crashes into you going for a pass that probably isn't there. On the other hand when someone tries to ram you off the road as you're passing down the straight or deliberately cuts corners to make up time it's pretty poor form. Especially when your battling in the mid pack, it's like are the extra 2,000 credits that important to you? People need to lighten up.

I had over 2 hours of great battles in the Ferrari race the other day.
there were 6 of us driving properly, with the occasional accidental nudge, to which you'd get an apology at the end of the race.

I tried the GT500 race and it was a ****fight of people just ramming and having no idea how to drive.
RS tyres are a joke and so is having SRF forced ON.
if SRF were off, the bad drivers would spend so much time in the wall that it would let the clean drivers be able to race off into the distance.

I don't get upset for one or two or even three crashing into me once in a mistake - but what I can't get over is the systematically "chessball"-driving style of many people with very short ....! That bothers me much! I would appreciate having heavy damage turned on - best with a slight modification, so that a car would pit in itself for repair if damaged. That should sort out the brainless drivers.

Shouldn't they have updated the quick match races by now? Really enjoyed the K class and euro hot hatch event's but getting a bit board of them now.

I'm done trying this quick match mess.

Somebody brake checks me and I hit them, I get the penalty, somebody rams into the back of me I get the penalty. Somebody swerves at me and I get the penalty. Somebody cuts across in front of me clearly not on the racing line, I get the penalty.

Quick match is just for cheaters and destruction derby.

I need to find some good clean online racing with no stupid rookies.

I'm done trying this quick match mess.

Somebody brake checks me and I hit them, I get the penalty, somebody rams into the back of me I get the penalty. Somebody swerves at me and I get the penalty. Somebody cuts across in front of me clearly not on the racing line, I get the penalty.

Quick match is just for cheaters and destruction derby.

I need to find some good clean online racing with no stupid rookies.

Think Quick Match is to give those players who don't traditionally play online a taste of what's on offer, hopefully Community Features will provide the clean racing we're all after.

The boost at Bathurst is a bit silly, across the top of the mountain I'd get a good lead then get caught again and again going down conrod.
But the Expert events are always good, just get ahead of the lunatics and the guys at the front are usually well practiced and usually more civil.
Even if I get tagged on the first bend, I enjoy the catching whoever did it and as I overtake, give them a few toot-toots.

Back