General Quick Match Event(s) Database/Discussion (v1.08)

• Thread starter NW48
  • 203 comments
Finally:

Touring Car Battle (Laguna Seca 2 Laps, International, Expert): SLS AMG GT3, R8 LMS Oreca (50 kg ballast), Z4 GT3 (160 kg ballast), R8 LMS ultra (100 kg ballast), R8 LMS ultra Audi Team Phoenix (100 kg ballast), GT-R GT3 Schulze, GT-R GT3 RJN, Corvette C6 Z06 LM (200 kg ballast)
86/FR-S/BRZ Battle (Fuji F 2 Laps, Expert): Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S
Historic Prototype Racing Car Battle (Suzuka 2 Laps, International): 787B, XJR-9, R89C, 905B Evo 1 Bis LM, R92CP, Sauber C9, Minolta 88C-V
European Compact Car Battle (Cape Ring Inside 2 Laps, Expert): same as last time (C4, 207 GTi, Mini Cooper S '11, Clio RS, Golf V GTi)

That's it for now until December 19, @NW48 :)

Had a run with the Touring Cars at Laguna Seca. Great track for these as it's pretty hard to defend if you're slow. Racing was pretty clean but the servers were a bit glitchy (in one room I kept being put into the 16th grid slot regardless of how many people were in the room, in another some guys connection was so bad all he did was spark and smoke and teleport around the track, in the end he blasted me into the air at the corkscrew,lol). Oh, yeah and exhaust sounds in the GTR were awful, it was as if all the cars around me were just as loud as my car, bumper was fine, but I'm sure it's not the best sounding car available for this event.

Used the Nissan GTR as its a pretty easy drive, won a few races but as the grid is pretty spaced out your starting position makes a huge difference.

Noticed two things, my on screen my name was displayed during events while for the other drivers it was their PSN IDs. Also, you get a best/fastest lap indicator at the bottom right of the screen during the race.

Last edited:
The Dollars for competing has gone up again, on the new set of tracks tracks in 2 races I got around 160 grand and didn't even place well.

With the log in bonus the payouts are pretty good considering how long the events run.

Had a go at the 86 race at Fugi and was pretty dissapointed. The cars feel too slow for this circuit and as it's pretty technical layout (especially the last sector) the cars seem to get strung out.

European Compact Battle at Cape ring is fun, the track works well with the car selection. There was a lot of wheel to wheel rubbing but for the most part it seemed as though people were racing cleanly. The Clio is the car to have in this one, it handles great and the gearing matches this track really well.

Prototypes at Suzuka is a bit of a worry. Seems like most of the people I was racing with couldn't complete a clean lap if they tried. I spent most of time avoiding other people's accidents and getting rammed from behind. A lot of people are running with traction control on, so you can make up a lot of ground off the line (if you can get through to the first corner without getting a ramming penalty). I think this has the potential to be fun if there was match making based on skill level but as it is it's pretty hit and miss. I also noticed a lot of connection issues with this event for some reason.

The prototype race is a joke, what a cluster. You are the brakes for the knuckle heads, as they don't have their own. Most of the cars are transparent for the biggest part of the time. The race at Fuji is sane as the cars are under powered for the track. There is only one car to use in the compact car race. The touring cars were really glitchy when I tried them. Cars with tires smoking constantly, popping wheelies, & warping back & forth.

Yep it was terrible connection a few hours ago. Took heaps of goes to get connected, then disconnect straight after the money. Then finally got in a clean close race, made it to the front and got disconnected at the start of the last lap. Spewin'

Anyone here suspect they have come across hacked/hybrid/cheat cars in QM? I've watched a few replays of very odd behaving cars that seem glued to the track, run 2-2.5 seconds per lap faster than all others and they sounded funny. :confused:

And:

Touring Car Battle (Red Bull Ring 3 Laps, International, Expert): unchanged [SLS AMG GT3, R8 LMS Oreca (50 kg ballast), Z4 GT3 (160 kg ballast), R8 LMS ultra (100 kg ballast), R8 LMS ultra Audi Team Phoenix (100 kg ballast), GT-R GT3 Schulze, GT-R GT3 RJN, Corvette C6 Z06 LM (200 kg ballast)]
86/FR-S/BRZ Battle (Madrid 2 Laps, Expert): unchanged, obviously [Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S]
Historic Prototype Racing Car Battle (La Sarthe '05 1 Lap, International): unchanged [787B, XJR-9, R89C, 905B Evo 1 Bis LM, R92CP, Sauber C9, Minolta 88C-V]
600PP Super Car Battle (SSR5 2 Laps): TZ3, Corvette ZR1 C6, 458 Italia, Ford GT '06, Shelby GT500 '13, Murcielago LP 640 '09, SLS AMG, GT-R [R35] Black Edition, Viper GTS '13
500PP Non-Race Car Battle (Trial Mountain 2 Laps, World): BRING YOUR OWN CAR! (yay! :D)

For some reason the Event Closing dates are "--", so keep checking. ;)

After seeing i could use one of my own cars,I thought what the hell i'll give it a go-BIG mistake.After waiting almost 3 minutes to be told-entry failed-it took another 5 minutes of watching that little atom spinning round the badge before-you have been disconnected from the server.
To top it all i was then signed out of PSN and couldn't sign back in !
Switched it off and went to bed wondering why I even bothered...

The trial mountain event is great! really.
It's cool to bring your own car...even if it is sometimes in the middle of an GSX-R army...
The penalty system seems to work better until someone uses it to push you out and top it with 10s penalty :mad:

Not to mention that 150-200.000Cr or more every 2 laps is DAMN GOOD! finally...

Worst part is to join: it takes usually 3 or 4 times to join but everything works OK after the 1st race.

good move from PD 👍

Bring back shuffle with same prizes and i'll :bowdown:

Jeez, missed updating it and stopped getting alerts. My bad guys, sorry for my laziness. I will have it updated very soon!

OP updated, thank you again to anyone who has helped out throughout this thread's lifetime getting everything up-to-date. In the coming days I'll be going through the OP cleaning things up and fixing the blanks. Thanks again everybody for the continued support of this thread! :)

Anyone here suspect they have come across hacked/hybrid/cheat cars in QM? I've watched a few replays of very odd behaving cars that seem glued to the track, run 2-2.5 seconds per lap faster than all others and they sounded funny. :confused:
Yes. I was in the lead in the Madrid 86/FR-S/BRZ race when this guy came speeding up behind me out of nowhere on the last couple of corners. He rammed into the wall then kindly let me have the inside line but sped past me on the straight and finished 2-3 secs ahead of me. I checked the replay and he somehow had turbo on his car!!

Yes! Had a person yesterday that was in an "inferior" car with incredible acceleration,pull away from the leader group at will. Made it not fun. I'm actually OK with that once in a while..... Wish it would connect more consistently.

Yes. I was in the lead in the Madrid 86/FR-S/BRZ race when this guy came speeding up behind me out of nowhere on the last couple of corners. He rammed into the wall then kindly let me have the inside line but sped past me on the straight and finished 2-3 secs ahead of me. I checked the replay and he somehow had turbo on his car!!
Yes, I've noticed that some people seem to have very fast cars, given that this a fixed car event. At Madrid recently, one guy always overtook everybody along the start straight, and would always be in first place after the first corner, even when he started in last place - he was then an average of 6 secs per lap quicker than everyone else. Also noticed this week that, although the average total winning time for the Suzuki GXR at Trial Mountain is usually between 3.00 and 3.20 minutes, one guy was managing to do 2.55s, and again was always in first place by the first left hander - always managed to avoid any time penalties to, which is a major hazard when you start at the back in this event!

Yes, I've noticed that some people seem to have very fast cars, given that this a fixed car event. At Madrid recently, one guy always overtook everybody along the start straight, and would always be in first place after the first corner, even when he started in last place - he was then an average of 6 secs per lap quicker than everyone else. Also noticed this week that, although the average total winning time for the Suzuki GXR at Trial Mountain is usually between 3.00 and 3.20 minutes, one guy was managing to do 2.55s, and again was always in first place by the first left hander - always managed to avoid any time penalties to, which is a major hazard when you start at the back in this event!

2:55 seems to be a pretty typical time for the Suzuki when driven well. I've had great fun competing in the 3:05-3:12 range with either a Ferrari F40 or an Infiniti FX45 Concept 02. The FX is a rocket at the start and will usually get me to the top 6 by the end of the front straight, even if I start last. I'm running against RX7/RX8's, HSC's, and all manner of vehicles that can run times in that range. I don't expect clean racing and have learned to be creative with my lines to avoid both ramming and getting rammed. Sometimes it happens, different cars have different braking distances and driver skill levels vary. Not everyone cuts the final chicane either, it just depends on what group you end up racing with.

What no one seems to comment on about quick match is the race payouts-I'm getting north of 250,000 credits (with 200% login bonus) when I finish in the top 3 in a room with 12+ players, a massive amount for just 2 laps, and no grinding the same AI event over and over. It's been fun.

Finally updated!

Renault Sport Megane Trophy One Make Battle (Nurburgring GP/F, World, Expert): 530 PP Renault Sport Megane Trophy (including base model and 15th Anniversary version). BRING YOUR OWN CAR!
Touring Car Battle (Bathurst 3 Laps, International, Expert): unchanged [SLS AMG GT3, R8 LMS Oreca (50 kg ballast), Z4 GT3 (160 kg ballast), R8 LMS ultra (100 kg ballast), R8 LMS ultra Audi Team Phoenix (100 kg ballast), GT-R GT3 Schulze, GT-R GT3 RJN, Corvette C6 Z06 LM (200 kg ballast)] - 12-Hour Race Tie-In
600PP Super Car Battle (Matterhorn Rotenbonden 2 Laps): TZ3, Corvette ZR1 C6, 458 Italia, Ford GT '06, Shelby GT500 '13, Murcielago LP 640 '09, SLS AMG, GT-R [R35] Black Edition, Viper GTS '13, LFA Nurburgring Package
86/FR-S/BRZ Battle (Silverstone National 2 Laps, Expert): unchanged, obviously [Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S]

R.I.P. 500 PP Non-Racing Car Quick Match @ Trial Mountain, you will be missed. :( Still waiting for a bring your own race car quick match event.

Finally updated!

Renault Sport Megane Trophy One Make Battle (Nurburgring GP/F, World, Expert): 530 PP Renault Sport Megane Trophy (including base model and 15th Anniversary version). BRING YOUR OWN CAR!
Touring Car Battle (Bathurst 3 Laps, International, Expert): unchanged [SLS AMG GT3, R8 LMS Oreca (50 kg ballast), Z4 GT3 (160 kg ballast), R8 LMS ultra (100 kg ballast), R8 LMS ultra Audi Team Phoenix (100 kg ballast), GT-R GT3 Schulze, GT-R GT3 RJN, Corvette C6 Z06 LM (200 kg ballast)] - 12-Hour Race Tie-In
600PP Super Car Battle (Matterhorn Rotenbonden 2 Laps): TZ3, Corvette ZR1 C6, 458 Italia, Ford GT '06, Shelby GT500 '13, Murcielago LP 640 '09, SLS AMG, GT-R [R35] Black Edition, Viper GTS '13, LFA Nurburgring Package
86/FR-S/BRZ Battle (Silverstone National 2 Laps, Expert): unchanged, obviously [Toyota 86, Subaru BRZ, Scion FR-S]

R.I.P. 500 PP Non-Racing Car Quick Match @ Trial Mountain, you will be missed. :( Still waiting for a bring your own race car quick match event.
Thanks @tankuroded! You've been a massive help with this thread! :)👍 I'll have the thread updated sometime tomorrow once I get some free time on my hands. 👍

The Megane race is very close to how quick match should be IMO, 3 laps (around 6 minutes) gives you a chance to fight for position an make some progress through the field, payouts are rather nice as well especially for a win in a full race!

One make makes for a good playing field, I also like the ability to tune the car to my taste :)

Now if they can improve the technical side of things to allow me to actually get into a race more regularly I will be a happy chap :)

The one make Renault Megane 530pp racing has been intense. A lot of crashing and bashing, but nothing new I guess. I prefer to make passes as if I'm really in the car, but to each his own.

I have found a good set up, I'm not sure if there is a thread for that, my search brought me here?

$685,000 credits is a nice payout for wins btw!

I was a little nervous about the Megane race because I'm a terrible tuner, but I've found a setup that works pretty well. And indeed, the competition has been great. I can't believe how well turn 1 goes sometimes. There must be something about it that just gets people in a "let's be legit" mood. I mean there's still calamity 2 out of 3 times, but hey.

I've only noticed one place where guys have consistently "cheated" and it's not a huge help (and NOT right before the finish.) So the guys that use it tend to be easy to catch anyhow :lol:

I haven't spotted any shortcuts during my races yet. Certainly nothing worth while. But the banging and rough driving have my total times spread from 5:56.3 to 6:24.8, lol.

Hard to make up 3 penalties from being hit in the door on some of those slower times.

I haven't spotted any shortcuts during my races yet. Certainly nothing worth while.
Which ones do you do?

With penalties on strong, there's really only certain tracks that have shortcuts that are very worthwhile, and most require some knowledge & skill in the execution of gaming the shortcuts... therefore some tracks, you're just not going to see many people bothering.
(Like I never saw anyone short the track in that Madrid QM. lol)

So the Megane race is an expert level event ? If so why is the mechanical damage off ?
Its my opinion that the penalty system is no deterrent to bad driving,whereas incurring damage due to reckless or dangerous driving would vastly improve the quality of racing,the rammers,divers,late breakers and bargers would soon get fed up with having a trashed car and move to a different race.
Beginner,intermediate and expert in this game seem to only be tied to the type of car and pp level and not driver skill,maybe PD should release at least one QM(expert level only,leave the others as they are) with the damage on to just see what happens ?

Back