Genesis Joins the Gran Turismo World Series as Official Partner

• Thread starter Famine
  • 36 comments
At least the G70 Gr.4 is real. Not racing, but a real car. The Supra “GTE” is real. Same as the Genesis, it doesn’t race. Plus, their Supra GT4 races for real. Mazda, on the other hand, don’t participate in GT racing. The Roadster is pretty much their bread and butter in terms of what they race today. They’ve sat on the RX-V for so long, it should have been active in Super GT, Super Taikyu and GT3. Maybe even GT4.

Anyway, I dig the Gr.4 G70. Wish PD added the new Crown to the Gr.4 list. I wouldn’t have to cross brands with this livery. :sly:
20829168532622376.jpg

^^Agreed. I find it quite bizarre that the cover model for GT7 is a fake Mazda. I mean...there were countless real vehicles they could have picked from. Seems super odd for the "real" driving simulator.

But I'm not a VGT fan and I realize not everyone feels that way.

They don't even produce a sports car, so I find this a bit odd.
A real sports car is a two-seater, although that definition has been broadened to include grand tourers etc. That Genesis road car up above is a beast of a machine.

Thanks, Genesis! Very cool. Hopefully their Gr.1 car isn't too far behind, as well as the latest iteration of the G80 Sport.
They don't even produce a sports car, so I find this a bit odd.
Uh, what about the Genesis G80 Sport?

A real sports car is a two-seater
That's really just convention.

Like "supercar" it's one of those things for which there's no actual, all-encompassing definition. It's typically held that a "sports car" should be something designed for driving pleasure foremost, and while that generally means a driver's seat (the passenger seat is for symmetry, or for someone to enjoy when you're done enjoying driving), an engine (performance needn't be vast), a minimum of luggage space (for your race helmet and/or overnight bags for you and your someone to enjoy), a manual gearbox, communicative steering and suspension, and rear-wheel drive inside a coupe (FHC or DHC) body, it's not exclusively that.

Although that does work for me, generally.

Last edited:
That's really just convention.
Although that does work for me, generally.
Refer to my keychain :)
That car is close to my biological age, and doesnt perform anywhere close to "sport".
But there is nothing more enjoyable than driving around in less than 500kg with no doors and no roof.

^^Agreed. I find it quite bizarre that the cover model for GT7 is a fake Mazda. I mean...there were countless real vehicles they could have picked from. Seems super odd for the "real" driving simulator.

But I'm not a VGT fan and I realize not everyone feels that way.
Fake Mazda and fake Porsche, lmao.

an engine (performance needn't be vast)
Performance has never been a consideration for a sports car, other than "enough". Although some people swear blind it has to go fast to be a sports car.

The Mazda MX-5 is pretty much what a sports car should be. There's no point to it but having fun when you're driving, and it hardly goes fast - and the Elan, Spitfire, and Midget were the inspirations for it.

Also you can get it with an auto :lol:

Having recently gotten the chance to sit in the Genesis GV60 electric car and speak with some brand representatives, I'm really excited for anything to do with the Genesis brand. I can't wait to see if this partnership leads to new Genesis content for GT7. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the GV60, as while others may bemoan the inclusion of an electric crossover, I'm interested to see if I can turn it into a track monster in the grand old Gran Turismo tradition.

It's still a sedan with only an automatic transmission available. Not a sports car.
Let me make sure we're on the same page here. The Koenigsegg Regera, as far as I can recall, only comes with a CVT. But it's still a sports car, right? Same with the BMW M5, which is a sedan, but does indeed come with a manual. Or at least I think it does.

Also, I'm pretty sure the G80 Sport specifically comes with a DCT, as I recall seeing paddle shifters in my dad's G80 Sport. (Albeit it's a little older, being from the 2018 model year.) You know what else has been coming with DCTs these days? Ferraris.
As a Hyundai owner and fan, this is a swing and a miss by PD. I would much rather have the Hyundai N cars instead of a luxury sedan. Fairly disappointing.
Hopefully this won't count out more Hyundais coming. My personal wishlist would be the following:

Veloster N
Elantra N
Tiburon (Re-vamped premium model)
i20 N (Could be a great opponent for the GR Yaris.)
i30 N (Similar to above, if they add the GR Corolla.)

Last edited:
Yeah I remember the Genesis in the previous GT games, was cool and smooth! Wonder how this will improve gt7.

Is this because PD made this an OP car or is it because to be featured in GT7 it had to be an OP car? Because IRL it isn't, doesn't and never will be. Dreaaaaming

GT3 is ruled by Europe. Smell what you're shovelling PD.

Yeah I remember the Genesis in the previous GT games, was cool and smooth! Wonder how this will improve gt7.
The car in "the previous GT games" (literally just GT6 and GT Sport) was the Hyundai Genesis Coupe. These cars are the Genesis brand which is new to the series in GT7, as already patiently explained in the article

Back