Genki Announces Shutokou Battle Xtreme, Coming to iOS and Android this Month

I imagine Ford and Lotus would probably renew licenses, considering there hasn't been too many problems dealing with them in the past. Hell, Ford is pretty laissez-faire when it comes to what kind of licenses they had out in terms of games, with how you can find them in practically every mid budget racing game of the early 2000's.

The problem is that the licenses never existed in the first place. Ford and Lotus were licensed for Japan only, and rather than get ROW licenses, the Western publishers simply removed the cars.

The problem is that the licenses never existed in the first place. Ford and Lotus were licensed for Japan only, and rather than get ROW licenses, the Western publishers simply removed the cars.

Is this for the western release of TXR3 you are talking about, or the Drift games? Because Ford and Lotus are in TXR3 yet they aren't for the Drift games.

Is this for the western release of TXR3 you are talking about, or the Drift games? Because Ford and Lotus are in TXR3 yet they aren't for the Drift games.
Only the U.K. and Japan Version of Kaido Battle 2 has Ford's. Sadly the European version has no Lotus.

It was only a problem with the drift games.
All 3 releases had removals.

I personally think that it was a good idea to make this a mobile game. I know most console players who are used to buying games up front and don't normally have to pay or grind for currency like to demonize the mobile gaming industry by saying that free games are evil and greedy, but mobile gaming has brought millions into gaming, some even beyond the staples, namely Angry Birds, Candy Crush, Clash of Clans, Pokemon Go, and Temple Run. The same could hold true with Genki, who could bring Shutokou Battle to a broader audience, myself included, within and beyond Japan. Besides, I don't think the casual players care if it's a good idea to start going pay-to-win if they find themselves in a hole; they could just uninstall the game without the need for a refund!

I personally think that it was a good idea to make this a mobile game. I know most console players who are used to buying games up front and don't normally have to pay or grind for currency like to demonize the mobile gaming industry by saying that free games are evil and greedy, but mobile gaming has brought millions into gaming, some even beyond the staples, namely Angry Birds, Candy Crush, Clash of Clans, Pokemon Go, and Temple Run. The same could hold true with Genki, who could bring Shutokou Battle to a broader audience, myself included, within and beyond Japan. Besides, I don't think the casual players care if it's a good idea to start going pay-to-win if they find themselves in a hole; they could just uninstall the game without the need for a refund!

Exactly, it helps to that the Japanese console market, aside from a few specific game examples (FF15, Persona 5 I believe) have cratered. Gacha games and mobile experiences are pretty much the norm.

Well this is news that I didn't expect to see today, but I'm super stoked. I really enjoyed the TXR series, and even Street Supremacy. Hopefully the game is successful enough that we'll see a PS4 TXR... one can dream.

If they brought it to the Windows store, shouldn't us Windows 10 users be able to play it?

@Devil240Z
And this is a great link - sale results of Genki's games in Japan. Shutokou Battle X for Xbox and two Wangan titles for PS3/PSP weren't really successful. As a matter of fact, SBX was a flop.

Therefore, there is no point in making a console racer if they don't plan on going outside Japan. Launching this game for mobile phones was good and reasonable move.

Genki sort of had it coming by having Shutokou Battle X being a 360 exclusive only. The first Xbox sold terribly in Japan, what makes anyone in Genki think that the 360 will be any better?

Yey dumbphone games !

Shutokou Battle 1+2 are marvelous on the precious $EGA Dreamcast =} Too bad the second game did away with two-player however

Also got the both Drift games for PS2 , breathtaking ! Would need the GSM homebrew app to force progressive scan though pffft such shame so much interlaced-only on PS2 for wtf

Oh yeah, here's something interesting. For players of Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5 DX, apparently Genki also helped out in the development of the game.
Cufy7z_WEAEnfnB.jpg

Oh yeah, here's something interesting. For players of Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 5 DX, apparently Genki also helped out in the development of the game.
IIRC they've been involved with the series in some way since WMMT1, getting that nod in the credits. I played a lot of WMMT1 through WMMT3.

I'm super jealous of WMMT5DX, but on the other hand I can't afford to play like I did for free when I was an arcade employee! :lol:

Such as shame it's not console based like the wangan one on PS3. Arcades aren't so big in Australia anymore and I feel were shut of in terms of what can be available and enjoyed simply because our culture has become so lazy. Australians like what's popular at the time, you go off the "beaten path" and like something not so main stream, people here think your weird. For example, everyone here likes rugby or cricket, me I can't stand either but Iam a formula one nut or anything to do with cars and my work mates ask me what's so fascinating watching cars go round and round and my reply is "rugby and cricket, you need one ball, f1 you need two".

Man I wish there were a console or pc version of wmmt. I've never played it before. :(

On topic: I wonder when exactly this will launch. But its some time this month for sure?

Man I wish there were a console or pc version of wmmt. I've never played it before. :(

On topic: I wonder when exactly this will launch. But its some time this month for sure?

Wangan midnight on PS3 was a card based game. You needed to unlock better cards for better parts and upgrades for your car. The cool part was you couldn't just go flat out all the time as your engine would over heat and blow as your doing over 300kph, so you had to be quite strategic on how hard and far you could push the car in a battle. Got quite challenging at times, especially against devil z and black bird.

Wangan midnight on PS3 was a card based game. You needed to unlock better cards for better parts and upgrades for your car. The cool part was you couldn't just go flat out all the time as your engine would over heat and blow as your doing over 300kph, so you had to be quite strategic on how hard and far you could push the car in a battle. Got quite challenging at times, especially against devil z and black bird.
Sorry I didn't mean that game, I actually own that.

I'm actually surprised looking at genkis sales in Japan, their non racing games sold well!

I'm getting excited for this release though, probably the first and last time I'll say that about a mobile game, but hey, it's genki.

Surely genki can see how any want a return to console, they can't be that naive can they? I know they may be struggling for cash but won't the support proove to them that it's more than just a risk and that it's a gamble that would pay of if there smart about how they did it?

Surely genki can see how any want a return to console, they can't be that naive can they? I know they may be struggling for cash but won't the support proove to them that it's more than just a risk and that it's a gamble that would pay of if there smart about how they did it?

In reality there isn't that much of a demand for it, it's only a small group of people, that's the way it's always been with genki games.
This new game is excellent news though, it has the potential to introduce loads of new people to the company and games

I'm positive we'll see a console release eventually though

That's a good point, the more they can get to notice and play it will only strengthen the chances of a console game. So far it's the first console (ps4/xb1) that genki hasn't released a game on and both consoles have been out for sometime now.

My worst fear at this point is that Shutokou Battle will just be another "one button" racing game like CSR or F&F, where you don't have much freedom over movement besides forwards.
(And IAP's are shoved in your face)

Back