Genshin ImpactPS4 

Was quite surprised to see the download started on the 22nd for me so was installed by 10:30pm but of course with the server offline I couldn't look at the new content so I will check that when I finish my shift at work today.

Is the Kamera option available from the menu's or is it an item in our inventory?
From what I'm seeing, it becomes available after doing a Snapshot quest, which I don't think it's out yet. But it sounds like you have to equip it, so I'm guessing it would be in the inventory.

Last edited:
From what I'm seeing, it becomes available after doing a Snapshot quest, which I don't think it's out yet. But it sounds like you have to equip it, so I'm guessing it would be in the inventory.

Thanks, I'll go have a look around for Snapshot quest on the internet to see if there's any info as that's the first thing I want to acquire.

EDIT: Found it! You have to go talk to Xinquin in Liyue Harbour to receive the quest and upon completion you will get the 'Kamera'

Last edited:
So following on from my earlier post I'm having problems triggering the 'Kamera' mission.

It's from the minister in Liyue Harbour, I haven't unlocked the reputation system for Liyue yet as she won't give me the Kamera mission, how far in the main story should I be, currently rounding up the adepti after the incident....

Hope you are all having a great Xmas!

Last edited:
So following on from my earlier post I'm having problems triggering the 'Kamera' mission.

It's from the minister in Liyue Harbour, I haven't unlocked the reputation system for Liyue yet as she won't give me the Kamera mission, how far in the main story should I be, currently rounding up the adepti after the incident....

Hope you are all having a great Xmas!
My PC account was having this issue as well. After rounding up the adepti quests, I still don't have it unlocked either. My hypothesis is after the next batch of quests it will unlock, since the batch after that leads to the 1.1 quests, but I'm not too sure honestly.

My PC account was having this issue as well. After rounding up the adepti quests, I still don't have it unlocked either. My hypothesis is after the next batch of quests it will unlock, since the batch after that leads to the 1.1 quests, but I'm not too sure honestly.

Ok, I shall try after Xmas lunch.

In case anyone isn't aware to claim your previous Level Up rewards you go to the Character Menu in game and press right on the d-paid, it will then show the level history and what awards you can claim.

Also I just discovered the photo mode has been 'improved' not sure if mentioned in the update post but you can now centre the screen horizontal/vertical using the dpad and there is a new menu on the L1 options which allows you to add character expression (smile/sad etc)

Last edited:
So far I'm enjoying this event, and glad that there isn't any resin tied to it so far. Not sure if that will be the case later on. But I was able to buy out the first items in the Event Shop. The Act I stuff will take some time for me to complete, as I'm not really going out of my way to farm them. Those Rime Worm Crystals, I could see taking me the longest. I only have 16/60, so I may have to see how far I am near the event's end and see if I'm going to need to farm that somehow.

Haven't gotten around to checking out the Snapshot quest for the Kamera. But I was playing around in photo mode, after you mentioned the improvements. Like how some characters have different expressions. QiQi's doesn't change much :lol: But I like Fischl's confident expression.

20201225213554.png

Like how some characters have different expressions. QiQi's doesn't change much :lol: But I like Fischl's confident expression.

View attachment 980751

Yeah that's a good expression, I must make use of that in due time!

Further update on the Kamera mission!

So in order to get that mission from Liyue Harbour you have to be Adventure Rank 29 to unlock Liyue requests and also have completed Chapter 1-2 which also unlocks at AR 29 so I'm not far from it.

I'll be wishing today finally so I'll be making another update on this a bit later and also adding some pics!

EDIT: So I actually need some help.

I cannot advance the Adventure Quest for AR25, the one where you have to go defeat the Ruin Guard and various other things in a dungeon.

My weapons are at 40/40 and the enemies are Level 36 (around same as my characters) but the Ruin Guard just stomps me to death every time and I cannot seem to find a combo of elements to defeat it and progress the world.

Any advice?

Last edited:
EDIT: So I actually need some help.

I cannot advance the Adventure Quest for AR25, the one where you have to go defeat the Ruin Guard and various other things in a dungeon.

My weapons are at 40/40 and the enemies are Level 36 (around same as my characters) but the Ruin Guard just stomps me to death every time and I cannot seem to find a combo of elements to defeat it and progress the world.

Any advice?

The only thing I’ve done is try to keep my distance away from it. Granted I’m mostly a bow user, and just try to down it by hitting its weak spots. I think when I was around there, I would use a lot of Electro and Pryo reactions, with Fischl and Amber. Also had Barbara as my healer and would be only used as such.
Also have you been using your food to boost up your attack and defense?

The only thing I’ve done is try to keep my distance away from it. Granted I’m mostly a bow user, and just try to down it by hitting its weak spots. I think when I was around there, I would use a lot of Electro and Pryo reactions, with Fischl and Amber. Also had Barbara as my healer and would be only used as such.
Also have you been using your food to boost up your attack and defense?

I had not tried that combo of characters so I will give that a go on my next attempt.

Don't have a lot of food at the moment so I guess I should go find a camp fire so I am best looking for attack/defence food boost during the battles on this dungeon, what else will I come across after I defeat the Ruin Guard?

I had not tried that combo of characters so I will give that a go on my next attempt.

Don't have a lot of food at the moment so I guess I should go find a camp fire so I am best looking for attack/defence food boost during the battles on this dungeon, what else will I come across after I defeat the Ruin Guard?
A gliding part so just go forward and maybe a bit of swerving to avoid some ranged attacks. Then a room with 4 arrowchurls and a bigchurl, then a challenge chamber I’d imagine with an abyss mage. Finally, I think an electro hypostasis within 8 minutes (very easy). The ruin guard is the worst part of the domain by far.

Last edited:
A gliding part so just go forward and maybe a bit of swerving to avoid some ranged attacks. Then a room with 4 arrowchurls and a bigchurl, then a challenge chamber I’d imagine with an abyss mage. Finally, I think an electro hypostasis within 8 minutes (very easy). The ruin guard is the worst part of the domain by far.

Well I did much better at it today but I am still failing the AR25 rank mission.

Got to the final room and it's a Fatui in there which seems easy enough but my overall health supplies/food stocks are low so I need to get my characters out gathering meat and chicken to get some health for the later battles since I lost quite a bit on Ruin Guard.

My party that seems to be working is having Beidou as main, Keiya as secondary then Amber followed by main character Kaname.

Overall this is the report on the last battle, as you can see the only thing that is week is Artefacts but I have mostly 3 star artefacts unless there is something obvious somewhere in one of the dungeons.

AR 25.jpg

Well I did much better at it today but I am still failing the AR25 rank mission.

Overall this is the report on the last battle, as you can see the only thing that is week is Artefacts but I have mostly 3 star artefacts unless there is something obvious somewhere in one of the dungeons.

Getting there at least. What kind of artifacts do you have as far as stats go?

Getting there at least. What kind of artifacts do you have as far as stats go?

Stats wise on artifacts mostly Health Adventure Set and Travelling Doctor so ATK/DEF up, I have two or three Berserk and two Instructor set items which I have equipped on Beidou at the moment and all them have been upped to +2 +3 so giving attack/defence boots.

Usually if I run into something giving me that much trouble eating some food that gives an attack boost does the trick.

Are you abusing Barbara’s healing? She is extremely useful for F2P teams. Give her lots of HP artifacts and use her skill as often as possible, as most of her hits result in healing for the whole party. For added effect, having an electro support like fischl’s Oz on the field will help Barbara’s lower DPS issue with HP artifacts because of constant electrocharged procs.

This Kamera is pretty cool. Nice and quick easy shots. Can have some fun with it for sure. I title this picture, "The Cocogoat was this big!"

2020123112525.png

Just finished grinding out the Event Shop for Act IV. Ended up fighting the boss all in one day to buy out the shop. I was planning on spreading it out over the rest of the event. But did a co-op with three other people, for 9 runs. Took about 3-4 minutes to beat the boss for each run. Was a good group of people, very respectful, and since I was host, I let them know when I was going to call it quits, before my final run.

Took a hour or two break from Genshin. Hopped back on later, did some solo runs at the boss, which was so much easier by myself. Could kill it in 2:30 minutes, and my fastest was 1:40ish. Took a short break from the boss, and did my dailies and resin. Fought the boss some more, to where I needed two more runs to buy out the shop. Took a break at that point since I had some stuff to do. After that, did my final two runs, and I was done. I think I had fought the boss at least 20 times. But glad that is done now.

Now all I have left for the event, is to get 20 more Rime Worn Crystals, for Act I, then everything will be completed. I've been grinding these out, so I can get those Primogems, for the next Character Banner.

Good to see some thread activity!

Playing catch up on the forums as I have been grinding out the Cayo Perico heist in GTA online over the holidays to get all my 'limited time' clothing rewards but that's all done now and ready to get back to the game.

Still to complete the AR rank accession quest but am hoping to do that later today or tomorrow so that I can hopefully get to AR 29 so I can proceed to get the Kamera! @Silent Drifter can it be used in dungeons or just on the world map out of interest?

P.S. Amber really is taking my heart with her enthusiasm and comic lines in game so she'll be my avatar for awhile!

Last edited:
Turns out that Chat is only allowed to Friends... absolutely no Public Chat to find.

On an unrelated side note, how come eggs are so hard to find for cooking?

Turns out that Chat is only allowed to Friends... absolutely no Public Chat to find.

Yes, I suppose I could have mentioned that earlier but it slipped my mind until you mentioned it. :cheers:

As for 'eggs' I don't know why they are harder to find but generally there are always some in the great tree near the Statue of the Seven outside Mondstadt but the 'easiest' and quickest way to get bird eggs is to do the 'Expedition' through the Adventures Guild.

It's on the Mondstadt page but if you send a character on that expedition for the 20hrs entry you get about 7-10 Bird Eggs a time repeatable every day so that one over two to three days can save a lot of time in the long run.

I stock meat the same way since finding boars etc is equally hard.

Last edited:
Still to complete the AR rank accession quest but am hoping to do that later today or tomorrow so that I can hopefully get to AR 29 so I can proceed to get the Kamera! @Silent Drifter can it be used in dungeons or just on the world map out of interest?

P.S. Amber really is taking my heart with her enthusiasm and comic lines in game so she'll be my avatar for awhile!

Just tried it now, since I never thought about trying it before, and no you can't use it in domains.

Just tried it now, since I never thought about trying it before, and no you can't use it in domains.

Shame, each feedback form they've issued I've asked can they allow us to do pictures in domains since I think some make good photo backdrops but maybe one day...

There are a bunch of eggs on the top of one of the spires in the Huaguang Stone Forest. You can glide straight to it from the nearest waypoint.
Also, Draff in Springvale now sells them as of 1.2 along with raw meat an poultry.
Both of these can be farmed daily.
On a related note, 1.2 has added a lot more options to the shops overall.

Uncle Sun sell 10 crabs per day instead of 5.
Chef Mao now sells ham and crab.
Both of these changes makes it way easier to cook Golden Crab and Adeptus' Temptation regularly.
An both the Apothecary in the harbor and Wangshu Inn now sells Violetgrass making farming for Xinyan and QiQi less tedious.

Last edited:
As much as people say that Amber is useless. I was able to get her to Friendship Level 10. I swapped her with Xiangling now to work on her Friendship Level. But I certainly miss Amber for burning the Hillichurls shields off.

BC9207D9-9C9F-4176-8720-EAED7AB7F8DE.png

So has anyone obtained Ganyu yet from the Wishes yet?

Only just learnt she is available now but I don't have any wishes at the moment...:banghead:

So has anyone obtained Ganyu yet from the Wishes yet?

Only just learnt she is available now but I don't have any wishes at the moment...:banghead:

I have her, and I'm liking her so far. Her second charge attack is really nice, as they split off in three pieces after the initial hit. Her play style pretty much has you charging her bow up, to do the most damage.

I have her, and I'm liking her so far. Her second charge attack is really nice, as they split off in three pieces after the initial hit. Her play style pretty much has you charging her bow up, to do the most damage.

That's good to know, how many tries did it take to obtain her? Really going to have to get some rapid play time in/do daily quests to see if I can get a 10 wish run and hope I land lucky!

That's good to know, how many tries did it take to obtain her? Really going to have to get some rapid play time in/do daily quests to see if I can get a 10 wish run and hope I land lucky!
I did three 10 pulls, but I was already at 54 wishes from my last 5 star, from the Zhongli Banner. Just got lucky that I got her instead of one of the other 5 stars.

I did three 10 pulls, but I was already at 54 wishes from my last 5 star, from the Zhongli Banner. Just got lucky that I got her instead of one of the other 5 stars.

Thanks, hopefully I have the same, I think my evening's gaming has been decided!

Finally hit AR50, so now I'm able to get Fischl to 90, but have her at 84, since I'm out of Hero Wits. Was going through the dialogue about her ascensions, and decided to make a short video clip on it. I like how Oz talks about shooting down pigeons, and I immediately though about Timmie's pigeons.

For now I'll stay at AR50 and World Level 6. Sounds like there isn't any incentive to go to WL7, since the drops from bosses stay the same, which is still crap, lol. Unless I want to deal with tougher enemies.

Back