Geoguessr

• Thread starter TB
  • 181 comments
Has anyone had a location in Africa yet? It's the only continent I haven't had.
I was just placed dead center on the top of a dam in Lesotho.

And then dead center of Red Square. :lol:

8794, 8614, then 11028 on my third try. I got one under the sea, quite a few on a highway in middle of nowhere, which ended up in Australia or Africa.

I'm gonna play this game again. 👍

Lol, wound up inside a museum in Japan, showing the interior of an older home. Of course, I stupidly thought it would be a museum in America.

Must stop overthinking...

i got a picture of one of these houses.
pd1296249.jpg

I thought german, but no the house was in pennsylvania.

There is something to homecourt advantage in this game. Best score I got(it was something like 3400 points) was in my home state(Oregon). All I could see was dirt in the air completely blocking the view with the exception of trees. :D

I got lucky on one, because I'd driven on the road before, and recognized the scenery. Thanks, Arkansas!

8466 without moving at all, just guessing. Not easy if you never, ever leave your own country. (that's actually a lie)

Last edited:
My closest was 0.001m, but I did search for clues and opened maps BUT DIDN'T USE STREET VIEW, as that is too far.
My closest without cheating, but moving around is 0.004m.
My closest by staying in the same spot is 0.007m.

Basically, I'm very good at it, but I can still mislabel Australia as Brazil.

14,469 but I have to honest, I cheated a little bit. It's part of the challenge to find out where you are

First image I get I guess the start line for the old track at Pescara (using the Famine method), and somehow get within a couple of hundred metres. Second time I guess Ouninpohja and it tells me I'm on the wrong side of the world...

You win some you lose some, I guess...

The wrong side of the world is where you want to be; the trick is to get as far as possible from where you have to be.
No?

See how lucky I got:

:D

A few more clicks and I would have started heading in the other direction and ended up where I was supposed to be.

Back