get what we're owed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dwilliams1985
  • 68 comments
  • 4,487 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
323
England
Liverpool
Messages
dwilliams1985
just a quick thought, you think when psn is back online we should get our paints that we missed out on which will be around a few hundred by the time its back on? it's only fair right? or will we be screwed over as we seem to be so often by sony and pd!!!

well ithink we should get a load of paints but i am talking to myself lol!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, we won't.

We won't even get 10 of each. It'll go down to 5 or summink.
 
We won't, because the idea of the paints is to reward us for playing, but they have no way of knowing how many days we have been on whilst PSN has been down.
 
just a quick thought, you think when psn is back online we should get our paints that we missed out on which will be around a few hundred by the time its back on? it's only fair right? or will we be screwed over as we seem to be so often by sony and pd!!!

Then sell the stuff and buy something from someone who won't "screw you over". Best of luck.
 
Exactly, looks good to me.
 
why get paint chips? if i'm not mistaken they come from pd, not sony. i may be wrong but that's how i see it.
 
Then sell the stuff and buy something from someone who won't "screw you over". Best of luck.

always a bitter one eh! so you think its right that we spend money on the console, game and internet connection only to have no service? and as for your sell it comment would you sell your car if something went wrong.... no i think if it was any normal user they'd expect the manufacturer to sort it, not asking a lot just whats right :)

why get paint chips? if i'm not mistaken they come from pd, not sony. i may be wrong but that's how i see it.

just a gesture of goodwill to loyal fans who i think would really appreciate it its nothing more than what we would have gotten anyway so its a win win :) by the way nice quote senna = legend :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
suppose so, but i'll just be glad when we're all back online racing.
 
You kinda stepped on your own point, the 'manufacturer' of psn is not PD, they don't owe us anything! Hence the 'compensation' from sony. Expect a few new seasonals but nothing else.
 
by the way nice quote senna = legend :)[/QUOTE
cheers can't wait for the film to come out:)
 
just a gesture of goodwill to loyal fans who i think would really appreciate it its nothing more than what we would have gotten anyway so its a win win :) by the way nice quote senna = legend :)
Although, it isn't their fault like pointed out and of course, you know that, I think a gesture like that would be nice. It's not like we should expect them to do it, but it'd be nice if they did.
 
You kinda stepped on your own point, the 'manufacturer' of psn is not PD, they don't owe us anything! Hence the 'compensation' from sony. Expect a few new seasonals but nothing else.

but we're using their product right and although its not pd's fault it would be a great gesture in the larger sense like here's a little something welcome to playing OUR game online, the seasonals alone have had issues i think this would also ease some of the ill feeling some users may have plus we'd all enjoy the paints right!:)

Although, it isn't their fault like pointed out and of course, you know that, I think a gesture like that would be nice. It's not like we should expect them to do it, but it'd be nice if they did.

exactamundo my friend :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest with you, only the PS+ users should get the welcome back freebies. Many of us (including me) don't pay for PSN and some still demand to get more free stuff. For what?
 
If I was PD I'd give out a special paint (matte/chrome) at random for the PSN failure, but I'm not PD so we probably wont get anything. :\
 
Some people that use sony pay services will get service for free. I only do gt5 and cod. Id take a car ticket for any car of your choice. Would be nice. But ill take just the network being back up
 
cheers can't wait for the film to come out:)

thats right forgot about that its this month right? my girl is being dragged along to see it as punishment for all those chick flicks lol :)

If I was PD I'd give out a special paint (matte/chrome) at random for the PSN failure, but I'm not PD so we probably wont get anything. :\

:) haha
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I want to be compensated with a ton of new content.

Nothing less will suffice.
 
To be honest with you, only the PS+ users should get the welcome back freebies. Many of us (including me) don't pay for PSN and some still demand to get more free stuff. For what?

Well, everyone's been offline whether they pay or not. Sony are admitting responsibility for security failures and offering something back.

I agree that free PSN+ for non PSN+ users (which includes me) is a bit silly... any PSN+ content expires when your + membership does, doesn't it?

Apart from that I think Sony are doing the right thing by extending an apology to all users - they could simply do nothing and just restore the service.

I do agree that people asking for more is a bit, well, greedy. Sony don't HAVE to do anything to apologise for the temporary loss of peoples' free services.
 
To be honest with you, only the PS+ users should get the welcome back freebies. Many of us (including me) don't pay for PSN and some still demand to get more free stuff. For what?

i only use online for gt5 the free welcome back is cool but i prob wont end up using it i'd trade it to u if i could lol :)
 
dwilliams1985, if you don't want a warning, I suggest you don't double post, use the edit button instead and try using capital letters aswell, as both of these are included in the AUP.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/
 
Well, everyone's been offline whether they pay or not. Sony are admitting responsibility for security failures and offering something back.

I agree that free PSN+ for non PSN+ users (which includes me) is a bit silly... any PSN+ content expires when your + membership does, doesn't it?

Apart from that I think Sony are doing the right thing by extending an apology to all users - they could simply do nothing and just restore the service.

I do agree that people asking for more is a bit, well, greedy. Sony don't HAVE to do anything to apologise for the temporary loss of peoples' free services.

good point dude

I want to be compensated with a ton of new content.

Nothing less will suffice.

haha excellent!

dwilliams1985, if you don't want a warning, I suggest you don't double post, use the edit button and try using capital letters aswell, as both of these are included in the AUP.

sorry dad :( i get what you mean but nothin malicious in it dude just human error :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest with you, only the PS+ users should get the welcome back freebies. Many of us (including me) don't pay for PSN and some still demand to get more free stuff. For what?

Then what about those that don't have PS+ but still have spent money on PSN and could have had their information compromised?
 
Blimey, are people that bothered about paint chips?

I think it's reasonable for Sony to offer something to everyone for the outage, whether you pay for PSN+ or not, since a major selling point of the console is it's online offering.

Also, how many of you have had the rip taken by crossbox owners over the last week or two? Think of the emotional damage!

Not so bothered about a month's free PSN+ if all the stuff you download in your 30 days disappears when the freebie expires, although the worst case scenario (unless you're Sony) is that I decide I "can't do without it" and wind up paying for a full subscription! I think I'd much prefer them to stick an equivalent amount in my 'wallet' and let me spend it however, but that's just fancy talk. Plus I can't think of anything I'd spend it on, other than GT5 DLC and I can't see there being any of that.
 
always a bitter one eh! so you think its right that we spend money on the console, game and internet connection only to have no service? and as for your sell it comment would you sell your car if something went wrong.... no i think if it was any normal user they'd expect the manufacturer to sort it, not asking a lot just whats right :)

It's a free service. I pay for internet anyway, not just for the PS3. And frankly, no I really don't care at all about free paint chips. You asked, I answered. I don't expect PD to give us anything as we aren't "owed" anything. PD didn't screw up, Sony did.

If I felt that the manufacturer and dealer network for my car was consistently "screwing me over" as you say that you are, yes, I would sell my car. No, I'm not kidding. And no, that analogy doesn't mean much anyway. $300 PS3 + free service does not equal a car that costs tens of thousands of dollars and gets me to work.
 
To be honest with you, only the PS+ users should get the welcome back freebies. Many of us (including me) don't pay for PSN and some still demand to get more free stuff. For what?
Well, to use PSN you need to buy a piece of equipment and software from Sony. They call it a PS3. That, and through revenue from game, DLC and accessory sales, is how PSN is financed. Or you can look at it the other way around: PSN is marketed as part of the package when you buy a PS3. The one thing PSN isn't is 'free'. Just sayin'... :dopey: I'm not demanding any freebies though, I just hope the normal service will resume soon.

DJ
--
 
Last edited:
im not worried bout chips, 1300+ still and over 200 chromes and mattes. And i been buyin alot of new cars lately. Simple and plain keep the freebies and just start with BASIC PSN PERIOD. The longer they wait the more likely their dealing with our online save and profile info being CORRUPTED. Im a gamer i use psn cards for cash and my name is wayne gretzky with the adrress of my local ice rink. No worries here bout credit info cause im not dumb enough to put any personnel info into any gaming server
 
dwilliams1985, if you don't want a warning, I suggest you don't double post, use the edit button instead and try using capital letters aswell, as both of these are included in the AUP.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

Can I interrupt to express what I'm sure many of us would appreciate? : These 'warnings' should be taken care of through private messages. Handling these matters within a thread is both digressive and unprofessional - not to mention annoying to the uninvolved thread browser. No forum I have ever frequented handles infractions like gtp.👎

====

Back on subject:

I would imagine that the psn outage wouldn't affect the work schedule at PD, so it could be that we will be seeing a patch very shortly after psn comes back online. Kaz did say he wanted to patch the game every month, and we're long overdue. :mad:
 
Can I interrupt to express what I'm sure many of us would appreciate? : These 'warnings' should be taken care of through private messages. Handling these matters within a thread is both digressive and unprofessional - not to mention annoying to the uninvolved thread browser. No forum I have ever frequented handles infractions like gtp.👎
What warning? Ash32 is a member offering friendly advice.

Proper warnings and infractions from mods are taken care of via PM.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back