get what we're owed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dwilliams1985
  • 68 comments
  • 4,486 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering I've had my remote race drivers stuck online and can't race them, I'd appreciate it if PD put some extra money in their pockets for each day they've been online and unusable.
 
Why are we owed anything by PD? It's not their fault the psn went down. That goes for every single game dev out there. Should Treyarch give everyone 10 k points for the last two weeks? NOPE
 
daan
Proper warnings and infractions from mods are taken care of via PM.

I have seen many warnings, even one given to myself, that were given by moderators like 'delphic reason' within threads.
 
Some really annoyed users out there, I did get a warning from a gtp moderator for not using capital letters etc bit heavy considering I only do it to save time as it takes a while to type using a pad, as i dont have a pc! Anyway back on subject paint chips are important in that they help you get the most enjoyment out of the game i dont have that many and the ones i do have are mostly beige lol not the prettiest colours, I think the point is it would be nice if PD sent us the missing paints so that it showed they do understand that we have been missing out on what we paid for that's all, hope I didn't miss any punctuation :).
 
This forum, I've seen more people say that they get warnings from the mods for not using proper punctuation, grammar, etc. I feel that as long as people can understand what the person is trying to say it's all good, but it is not my forum so....

Far as the paint chips go, I hate to sound like a broken record but it is not PD's fault that we couldn't play online for the last two weeks. Not trying to be a jerk but what's next, a seasonal that pays 2 million credits per win? C'mon...
 
I'm With DA_dogg on this one, surely the important thing is that we all get back to racing each other.
 
This forum, I've seen more people say that they get warnings from the mods for not using proper punctuation, grammar, etc. I feel that as long as people can understand what the person is trying to say it's all good, but it is not my forum so....

Far as the paint chips go, I hate to sound like a broken record but it is not PD's fault that we couldn't play online for the last two weeks. Not trying to be a jerk but what's next, a seasonal that pays 2 million credits per win? C'mon...

You have my vote on the grammar issue as long as its not hard to understand it shouldn't be a problem but the chips are different in that we should have gotten them anyway so it wouldn't even be a freebie :), but hey that is just my opinion which is part of what these forums are about right?
 
This does not belong to the Q&A section.
Is it a question? Yes.
Do you need help with anything? No.
Then please post in the general forum.

And as for your question, I think not. The downtime didn't cost you anything so there's no reason you should be compensated. After all, the paint chip feature is a nice reward for going online, it's not your salary.
 
You have my vote on the grammar issue as long as its not hard to understand it shouldn't be a problem but the chips are different in that we should have gotten them anyway so it wouldn't even be a freebie :), but hey that is just my opinion which is part of what these forums are about right?

Absolutely dude. We've said our pieces and now let's see what Sony and PD have in store for us.

Not sure about you or anyone else but I have missed two weeks of racing leagues so for and I have had no contact with anyone from the two leagues in that time as well. My greatest fear throughout this whole thing is that people will lose interest in the leagues we had going. C'mon Sony hurry up already..
 
What we are owed? Any other unlucky souls with all 6 b-spec bobs stuck online? Can you get them offline? NO! can you retire them? NO! Can you start a whole new profile? YES! Are you willing to? Even if your level 40 A-spec and B-spec 1200+ cars all the paints over a 1000chromes and mattes, with just 2 24hrs endurances to go? Most would say NO. Treyarch cant complain with every psn user offline everyday xbox consoles on the rise, Polyphany? PS3 flagship? Could be in peril.


QUESTION for the geeks, Could Polyphany release a patch (downloadable through pc) to help people in my predicament?
 
This does not belong to the Q&A section.
Is it a question? Yes.
Do you need help with anything? No.
Then please post in the general forum.

And as for your question, I think not. The downtime didn't cost you anything so there's no reason you should be compensated. After all, the paint chip feature is a nice reward for going online, it's not your salary.

and my b-spec drivers that i cant use while psn is down?
 
This does not belong to the Q&A section.
Is it a question? Yes.
Do you need help with anything? No.
Then please post in the general forum.

And as for your question, I think not. The downtime didn't cost you anything so there's no reason you should be compensated. After all, the paint chip feature is a nice reward for going online, it's not your salary.

Just because I dont need help doesn't mean it doesn't belong here I asked a question and i'm getting answers so seems right to be in the Q&A section whereas your comment is a statement maybe you should be posting somewhere else. Honestly if you dont want to talk about GT5 go on another site like 'iliketomakepointlessarguments.com' :).
 
What we are owed? Any other unlucky souls with all 6 b-spec bobs stuck online? Can you get them offline? NO! can you retire them? NO! Can you start a whole new profile? YES! Are you willing to? Even if your level 40 A-spec and B-spec 1200+ cars all the paints over a 1000chromes and mattes, with just 2 24hrs endurances to go? Most would say NO. Treyarch cant complain with every psn user offline everyday xbox consoles on the rise, Polyphany? PS3 flagship? Could be in peril.


QUESTION for the geeks, Could Polyphany release a patch (downloadable through pc) to help people in my predicament?

Probably no. And is B-spec being stuck such a big issue that it can't wait until PSN is back online? Probably just a few more days (famous last words...)
 
I feel bad for those players who may have had a birthday within the past 2 weeks or so. Now you must wait an entire year before getting your birthday ticket. That is, if you do not use the birthday glitch.
 
Just because I dont need help doesn't mean it doesn't belong here I asked a question and i'm getting answers so seems right to be in the Q&A section whereas your comment is a statement maybe you should be posting somewhere else. Honestly if you dont want to talk about GT5 go on another site like 'iliketomakepointlessarguments.com' :).

I don't know if you are new to the concept of Q&A, but it is supposed to fill a gap of information. To ask a question like "do you think we should get new paint chips when PSN is back online?" does not qualify as a lack of information (other than information of what this particular section of the forum is meant for). It's more of a poll or general discussion and therefore it belongs to the general section of the forum.

Edit: And it's an interesting discussion, but it's the wrong forum section, that's all I'm saying.

To ask your question as a Q&A would be: "Will we get compensated for the paint chips we didn't earn while PSN was down?"
And the answer would be: "We don't know yet. We have to wait and see."
Everything else would just be personal opinions and that doesn't belong to Q&A.
 
Last edited:
Normally moderation issues would not be discussed publicly, but as you guys have taken it public I think it only right to explain exactly why the rules are in place.


Some really annoyed users out there, I did get a warning from a gtp moderator for not using capital letters etc bit heavy considering I only do it to save time as it takes a while to type using a pad, as i dont have a pc!
Its not about saving time (if that was the case we would let it be a free for all) but about ensuring a good standard of posting is maintained and that posts are easy to read.

We want a good standard of posts simply because we do not want GT Planet to turn into the vast majority of the web, in which forums are filled with text-speak, walls of text with no regard for grammar and/or punctuation. That results in posts that are a mess and overall results in a lower quality of contribution.

We need posts to be easy to read because we are a truly global site and a good percentage of our members do not have English as a first language. As such missed punctuation and poor grammar make posts even hard to read that they already are.

We know these standards are high and are more than happy with that, we are the single biggest GT site on the web and have a large and loyal core of members. Many of whom will quite happily explain that they stay because of these high standards. To be honest if we lowered the bar we would loose more good members that we would gain.

On a side note, the method you use to post doe not make a bit of difference, the AUP doesn't distinguish in this regard. We are not looking for speed of reply or quantity of posts from members, but the quality of the contribution.


....hope I didn't miss any punctuation :).
You did, but as I quite clearly explained in my PM we do not look for perfection. However a total lack of capital in the vast majority of your posts is simply not acceptable given the AUP.



This forum, I've seen more people say that they get warnings from the mods for not using proper punctuation, grammar, etc. I feel that as long as people can understand what the person is trying to say it's all good, but it is not my forum so....

You have my vote on the grammar issue as long as its not hard to understand it shouldn't be a problem.....
And I hope that the above now explains why.

Keep in mind guys that you are simply being asked to follow the AUP, which you agreed to do as a condition of joining GT Planet as a member.

Its no more or less that we ask of every member (and that includes the staff), as such exceptions will not be made and its every members responsibility to ensure that follow the AUP when posting.

Its also important to keep in mind that failing to do so will result in the staff taking action and that can (its rare and we try to avoid) lead to permanent bans. Avoiding that however is quite straightforward, simply follow the AUP.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/


Scaff
 
I feel bad for those players who may have had a birthday within the past 2 weeks or so. Now you must wait an entire year before getting your birthday ticket. That is, if you do not use the birthday glitch.

I have to say I was very disappointed with the birthday gift car ticket because as with most people I spent the day with my family enjoying dinner and such so didnt come online until maybe the day after and low and behold no gift waiting for me, i felt stung i didnt realise i had to be at my ps3 on the day :).
 
just a quick thought, you think when psn is back online we should get our paints that we missed out on which will be around a few hundred by the time its back on? it's only fair right? or will we be screwed over as we seem to be so often by sony and pd!!!

well ithink we should get a load of paints but i am talking to myself lol!!


Sony didn't 'screw' anybody. Some numbskull hacker 'screwed' us all. I think there will be a price to pay for the revised security Sony is putting in place, and we are going to end up paying for it. Goodbye to the free PSN.

Thank you so much hacker a-holes.
 
I don't know if you are new to the concept of Q&A, but it is supposed to fill a gap of information. To ask a question like "do you think we should get new paint chips when PSN is back online?" does not qualify as a lack of information (other than information of what this particular section of the forum is meant for). It's more of a poll or general discussion and therefore it belongs to the general section of the forum.

Edit: And it's an interesting discussion, but it's the wrong forum section, that's all I'm saying.

To ask your question as a Q&A would be: "Will we get compensated for the paint chips we didn't earn while PSN was down?"
And the answer would be: "We don't know yet. We have to wait and see."
Everything else would just be personal opinions and that doesn't belong to Q&A.

No i'm not new to the concept of Q&A since I was asked whether I'd like a glass of milk when I was about 2 years old so you can keep the sarcasm to yourself, because anyone can do it. The point is I asked a question and I got answers now where the discussion has headed is out of my control as with my posts you can see I am sticking to or agreeing with the op. Its posts like yours which have diverted the topic so just chill dude we're all on this because we like to chat about a great game opinions will differ it's not a bad thing otherwise it would be boring lol.

Normally moderation issues would not be discussed publicly, but as you guys have taken it public I think it only right to explain exactly why the rules are in place.



Its not about saving time (if that was the case we would let it be a free for all) but about ensuring a good standard of posting is maintained and that posts are easy to read.

We want a good standard of posts simply because we do not want GT Planet to turn into the vast majority of the web, in which forums are filled with text-speak, walls of text with no regard for grammar and/or punctuation. That results in posts that are a mess and overall results in a lower quality of contribution.

We need posts to be easy to read because we are a truly global site and a good percentage of our members do not have English as a first language. As such missed punctuation and poor grammar make posts even hard to read that they already are.

We know these standards are high and are more than happy with that, we are the single biggest GT site on the web and have a large and loyal core of members. Many of whom will quite happily explain that they stay because of these high standards. To be honest if we lowered the bar we would loose more good members that we would gain.

On a side note, the method you use to post doe not make a bit of difference, the AUP doesn't distinguish in this regard. We are not looking for speed of reply or quantity of posts from members, but the quality of the contribution.



You did, but as I quite clearly explained in my PM we do not look for perfection. However a total lack of capital in the vast majority of your posts is simply not acceptable given the AUP.






And I hope that the above now explains why.

Keep in mind guys that you are simply being asked to follow the AUP, which you agreed to do as a condition of joining GT Planet as a member.

Its no more or less that we ask of every member (and that includes the staff), as such exceptions will not be made and its every members responsibility to ensure that follow the AUP when posting.

Its also important to keep in mind that failing to do so will result in the staff taking action and that can (its rare and we try to avoid) lead to permanent bans. Avoiding that however is quite straightforward, simply follow the AUP.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/


Scaff
Hey i'm all for keeping this a great forum just didnt read the smallprint as I was excited about trading etc but you have made your point more than once, and my punctuation is getting there lol suppose anyone i'm in discussion with will have to just wait a little longer! :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
get what we're owed?

Sony and Polyphony Digital owe you nothing. Anything Sony chooses to offer is just a bonus and you should be grateful.
 
I only play GT5 on PS3. Give me matte black for a color chip and I'll be happy.
 
I'm not sure what this whole paint chip thing is about, (explain to me pls) but PD is not affiliated with Sony, therefore they are not the ones who got hacked, nor is it in any way their fault. So as far as any sort of compensation, I don't see why PD should be compensating anyone anything.

That said, as many people have already posted, Sony is offering the Welcome Back package including free Qriocity and PS Plus for a month, plus they are offering people free access to All Clear ID to prevent identity theft. The latter is pretty essential, however the former two are consolatory and Sony is in no way obligated to be providing those things. I certainly think it's the least they can do, but seeing as they are doing it there isn't too much to complain about.

Besides, we could all do without some PSN for a while. :P
 
I heard that sony is giving usnfree psn+ for a month, and that we can get a freenbdget game. And i dont really care, since its 20 to 30 degrees in the netherlands, so i'll just go outside
 
Greed is a disease. I'm going to see if i can get some free pizza from Pizza Hut due to the PSN being down. Even though Pizza Hut has nothing to do with it, it's only fair... right?

WRONG!

The ones that think they are owed (or that it would be a nice gesture) anything by PD due to the PSN being down need to have a good think about things.

Sony got hacked (Not Sony’s fault). They pull the PSN offline (to protect us). People whine at not being online (because they are pathetic). Sony will give us free stuff for the problem that WASN'T caused by them (Nice, it's not needed but thanks Sony).
Yet this is still not enough for some that Sony are looking after us in two ways.
1: Being protected by Sony.
2: Being compensated because being protected by them has caused a slight inconvenience.

Again... greed is a disease.

If anything, PD should compensate us for the product that is GT5 (that we payed for).
 
Last edited:
Just a quick question to confirm a sub-point that this thread has already raised;

PSN+ content becomes locked when your PSN+ expires.

If us non-plussed members get PSN+ content during our free month we'll lose it at the end of that month, right?
 
Just a quick question to confirm a sub-point that this thread has already raised;

PSN+ content becomes locked when your PSN+ expires.

If us non-plussed members get PSN+ content during our free month we'll lose it at the end of that month, right?

Free PSN+ content has an expiry date - the end of your PSN+ subscription. Paid-for PSN+ content has no expiry date.
 
Thanks for that, Famine! Not such bad news about the PSN+ thing then :D

That leads me to my on-topic point... PSN really don't HAVE to give us anything. If they DO choose to give us something by way of an apology then that's very good of them - I certainly don't expect anything.

I suspect a lot of people will have spent the 'off' time preparing a lot of new cars for online racing, I certainly have! It's not as if my PS3 hasn't worked during the downtime.
 
Greed is a disease. I'm going to see if i can get some free pizza from Pizza Hut due to the PSN being down. Even though Pizza Hut has nothing to do with it, it's only fair... right?

WRONG!

The ones that think they are owed (or that it would be a nice gesture) anything by PD due to the PSN being down need to have a good think about things.

Sony got hacked (Not Sony?s fault). They pull the PSN offline (to protect us). People whine at not being online (because they are pathetic). Sony will give us free stuff for the problem that WASN'T caused by them (Nice, it's not needed but thanks Sony).
Yet this is still not enough for some that Sony are looking after us in two ways.
1: Being protected by Sony.
2: Being compensated because being protected by them has caused a slight inconvenience.

Again... greed is a disease.

If anything, PD should compensate us for the product that is GT5 (that we payed for).

Greed is a disease , that's why asking people whether or not we should or shouldn't get what we would have anyway isn't exactl y greed, try to understand things aren't always black and white although some people live like that, cheer up dude life is a game 21-17 :).
 
I suspect a lot of people will have spent the 'off' time preparing a lot of new cars for online racing.........

I wish I could have done this.

I started my PSN cold turkey by finishing up some special events. I was doing fine until the VW Nardo Concept appeared in the UCD.

The problem? I'm 700,000cr short and cant do any events otherwise it will Disappear.:sick:

Now I have to wait for PSN to return so I can get some cash from RR (Remote Racing).

If PD did decide to give us 50 chips and cards, I doubt it would be very hard for them to do.👍
We should have earned 150 of each in reality.

I've gone back to my second home instead, Liberty City.
 
In a perfect world, we'd download a patch and find we've been sent a bunch of paint, birthday tickets for those that missed them, a few really cool free cars that they were going to use as DLC's and perhaps a couple million credits each to do some shopping, along with a huge apology from both Polyphony and Sony. Dreeeeeam, dream, dream....lol.

I used to own a small chain of video stores (for you younger kids out there that's where us old people used to go to rent video tapes -look that up on wikipedia...lol). I only had a single person opening each store during the week and once in a while they were late. Our policy was that if you came to the store and it was locked after opening, even for 30 seconds, your next two rentals were free, on your honour. Another thing we used to do was give our top 25 customers, store gift certificates every Christmas, starting at $100 and working down to $25. Now that's customer service!!!

Maybe I should forward this to Sony and Polyphony...lol. Dreeeeam, dream, dream...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back