get what we're owed?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dwilliams1985
  • 68 comments
  • 4,486 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could have done this.

I started my PSN cold turkey by finishing up some special events. I was doing fine until the VW Nardo Concept appeared in the UCD.

The problem? I'm 700,000cr short and cant do any events otherwise it will Disappear.:sick:

Now I have to wait for PSN to return so I can get some cash from RR (Remote Racing).

If PD did decide to give us 50 chips and cards, I doubt it would be very hard for them to do.👍
We should have earned 150 of each in reality.

I've gone back to my second home instead, Liberty City.

I agree totally dude love the name haha:tup:
 
Nurburgthing.
I wish I could have done this.

I started my PSN cold turkey by finishing up some special events. I was doing fine until the VW Nardo Concept appeared in the UCD.

The problem? I'm 700,000cr short and cant do any events otherwise it will Disappear.:sick:

Now I have to wait for PSN to return so I can get some cash from RR (Remote Racing).

If PD did decide to give us 50 chips and cards, I doubt it would be very hard for them to do.👍
We should have earned 150 of each in reality.

I've gone back to my second home instead, Liberty City.

It's showed up a few times for me now atleast 3 , and if I remember it wasn't a great deal of time between them showing. Don't worry it will show again if this is the first time you've seen it ,
 
The hackers are the ones who screwed us, not Sony or PD. That said, seasonals are far more important to me than more paint, think I have over 800 now and I am about ready to delete some of them.
 
The hackers are the ones who screwed us, not Sony or PD.

I'd wait and see if the hackers and Sony are one and the same... the revelations about the number of redundant online workers have been very interesting. Note that Sony are only pointing the finger at Anon (on a very dodgy basis imo) for the SOE/Facebook hack, NOT for the PSN hack.

Still, what's happened has happened - the point remains that Sony don't really owe us anything because any shutdown was for our protection as the data had already been breached serverside.

Annoying? Of course... especially for people who pay for the service, but we're all getting something free out of it so I'm happy :D
 
Just getting the network up and running will be good for starters. And then may be PD could give us all a special livery of our choice for one of five cars, that would be better.
 
Sony and Polyphony Digital owe you nothing. Anything Sony chooses to offer is just a bonus and you should be grateful.

I disagree. Anyone on the PSN Network had whatever personal info was on their account comprimised because Sony did not have their files well enough encrypted to prevent being hacked. Even though they have my email address I think it was more than a week before I was directly notified about it, although I was aware of it thru this forum and news media. We entrusted them with our info, they didn't take good enough care of it. To me they breached their agreement either directly or implied and that means we are owed something in return.

Also, I bought the game because it says on the cover that I can race online with it. Part of the $69 or whatever I paid for it, covers playing the game online through whatever fees Polyphony pays to PSN or however the arrangement works. I've not been able to do that for two weeks now or is it three I can't remember. I feel I should be compensated for that as well as again, the agreement was breached.

Seeing as how it was PSN that went down and not Polyphony, something should be forthcoming from PSN to compensate me for the lost value of online gaming and potential security risks to me in the last couple of weeks. What they do is up to them, but if they do nothing other than say they are sorry, I won't be to happy about that and it would definitely influence my future buying decisions regarding Sony products if this is how they choose to treat their customers.
 
I disagree. Anyone on the PSN Network had whatever personal info was on their account comprimised because Sony did not have their files well enough encrypted to prevent being hacked. Even though they have my email address I think it was more than a week before I was directly notified about it, although I was aware of it thru this forum and news media. We entrusted them with our info, they didn't take good enough care of it. To me they breached their agreement either directly or implied and that means we are owed something in return.

Also, I bought the game because it says on the cover that I can race online with it. Part of the $69 or whatever I paid for it, covers playing the game online through whatever fees Polyphony pays to PSN or however the arrangement works. I've not been able to do that for two weeks now or is it three I can't remember. I feel I should be compensated for that as well as again, the agreement was breached.

Seeing as how it was PSN that went down and not Polyphony, something should be forthcoming from PSN to compensate me for the lost value of online gaming and potential security risks to me in the last couple of weeks. What they do is up to them, but if they do nothing other than say they are sorry, I won't be to happy about that and it would definitely influence my future buying decisions regarding Sony products if this is how they choose to treat their customers.

👍 Well said dude.
 
I disagree. Anyone on the PSN Network had whatever personal info was on their account comprimised because Sony did not have their files well enough encrypted to prevent being hacked.

They stole the encrypted files and had access to the encrypted versions of their own accounts. They potentially also had access to files in the encryption buffer. Those two things make decryption analysis much easier in relative terms.

Even though they have my email address I think it was more than a week before I was directly notified about it, although I was aware of it thru this forum and news media.

They had email address for potentially compromised accounts... and those addresses could only effectively be mailed by allowing online machines access to the offline DB. That could have been a suicidal move before full security was re-established inside the servers.

To me they breached their agreement either directly or implied and that means we are owed something in return.

Possibly so, but I think their lawyers would prove that they dispatched their full duty-of-care in the face of a blatantly criminal attack.

Also, I bought the game because it says on the cover that I can race online with it.

And you can. It goes on to tell you where to read the full terms and conditions of that. Did you read them?

Part of the $69 or whatever I paid for it, covers playing the game online through whatever fees Polyphony pays to PSN or however the arrangement works. I've not been able to do that for two weeks now or is it three I can't remember. I feel I should be compensated for that as well as again, the agreement was breached.

As I said in the last point... read the PSN T&Cs. No agreement was breached - their lawyers are faster than you.

Seeing as how it was PSN that went down and not Polyphony, something should be forthcoming from PSN to compensate me for the lost value of online gaming and potential security risks to me in the last couple of weeks.

If you pay for the service then you're receiving that and more. If you don't pay for PSN then you're potentially receiving EVEN more.

I see your frustration and I understand it, but saying that the T&Cs protect you in a bid for compsentation is misguided at best.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back