Getting an invitation takes way too long

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 111 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
I’ve been playing the game since launch. Through the menus you get a lot of roulette tickets, so it’s easier to get an invitation short term.

After finishing the menus, you can only get one roulette ticket a day, and only a 4 star ticket has an invitation on the wheel.

I’m still waiting to even see a Ferrari or Porsche invitation show up on a ticket.

And now, every day I try to get a 4 star ticket. It’s a chore. Another great game design choice. 👍🏻👍🏻

With the coming game changes, they definitely shouldn’t forget to adjust this or just let us buy the cars whenever we want. But this isn’t even on the list of things they are going to update. :irked:

Last edited:
It's intentional design. They want them to be rare so that when you finally get one you feel pressure to buy the car, because you don't know when (or if) you'll get another opportunity.

And if it so happens that you don't have enough credits or don't have enough time to farm some up, well, they have an easy solution to that problem for you too.

It's intentional design. They want them to be rare so that when you finally get one you feel pressure to buy the car, because you don't know when (or if) you'll get another opportunity.

And if it so happens that you don't have enough credits or don't have enough time to farm some up, well, they have an easy solution to that problem for you too.
This. It's artificial scarcity for the sake of maximum FOMO. You gotta think of an average gamer here. People on this site aren't your typical GT player. Most people aren't that good, don't play that much and don't try as hard. For them 3.6 mill to get that invitation car is probably all the money that they made in the game up until now. So when you played for almost a month, made 3 mill, and now you finally get the ability to buy that "rare" 3.6 mill car, what options do you really have besides $40?

But exclusivity though!

This is one of the ideas that are absolutely fantastic...on paper. The idea is sound: you want to create/illicit that real world feeling of certain cars being tied to some idea of their real-world exclusivity. You either need to be on a waiting list (I'd imagine this is the intention of everything leading up to receiving an invitation voucher) or know someone, but the latter is irrelevant here.

All it really ends up doing is walling off certain cars for purchase for no real reason. Even if you have the money on hand, right then and there, you can't do anything about it. Then there's the comedic "feature" of the invitations having expiry dates. Why? Granted, there's enough time to grind your way to the necessary credit amount needed to make the purchase, but it all really feels like a hilariously not-at-all thought out way of reinventing car levels.

MMX
What's the point of the invitations anyway? Can you not buy the car without one?

I've gotten several, but never wanted them, or used them. For me it's a waste of a ticket, that I could've gotten some good from.
This is another problem with them. If you want to buy that specific car, an invitation is incredibly valuable as you can't purchase without it. If you don't want to buy that car, it's worthless.

A prize in a roulette in a game like this should bring joy. They've already messed up roulettes by making them frustratingly often give prizes so small as to be insulting. When you get lucky enough not to get the booby prize, getting an invitation for an expensive car you don't want is just a kick in the googlies.

It took nine years to make this game yet they didn't even bother to spend two weeks on play testing.
They did. This is what they want.

Now players know an invite takes ages to come around, they're going to be that much more tempted to part with real money to ensure that they get whatever car they're invited to buy, because they think it'll be an age before they get another chance, if at all, depending how long they plan to play the game.

I can't believe people (not you obviously) still don't think this game was set up to be purposely predatory and push you towards MTs. It clearly was/is.

It took nine years to make this game yet they didn't even bother to spend two weeks on play testing.
Oh no, I'm sure they spent plenty of time on playtesting. It's exactly the way they wanted it to be.

Polyphony has been making these games for more than 25 years. They know what they're doing.
I can't believe people (not you obviously) still don't think this game was set up to be purposely predatory and push you towards MTs. It clearly was/is.
The options are that they're stupid developers who thought this would be legitimately fun for players and never bothered to playtest, or that they're clever developers who designed a game to be very good at encouraging microtransaction purchases.

I don't think Polyphony are stupid. Well, apart from the decision to put microtransactions in at all. But given that, it's all very clever.
The mechanic is fine, it just works badly.

Like for a real Ferrari, you need to show ownership of other Ferraris to be invited to buy a new one.

Do it like that. If I buy 3 or 4 Ferraris, invite me to buy one of the top end ones.
Absolutely. No problem at all with restricting the access to some cars. The issue is that the restriction is random and largely out of the player's control.

In real life, "invites" are essentially based on a relationship with the brand. Owning cars, putting mileages on their cars, even driving for them in the Manufacturers Cup would all work fine. Then at least I have a path to ownership that I can work on. It might be expensive, but I'll get there in the end.

Waiting for a random invite from a random roulette that's then on a timer? Just a terrible choice for the players. Have something that shows some attachment to the brand and is under the player's control rather than literally winning a lottery.

I think the invitation system is stupid. You should be able to earn an invitation by winning a brand-specific race or championship and they should not expire.
I have got 2 invitations one for the VGT Citroen and 1 for the Huayra, didn't use any because I don't care about VGT cars and I won the Huayra from the last menu or a ticket, I don't remember

The entire time gating of acquiring cars is already limited by the amount of Cr. you can acquire racing the game.
Why do we need an additional invitation system, used car dealership with only 15 cars that do not rotate daily and a special auction type thing for those 'legendary' cars.

We already payed enough to get the game. If I want to drive a certain car that is 'available' in the game. It should just be available to buy for a certain amount of Cr. That you have a used car dealership is OK as long as it has all cars available, maybe with a limited stock and different car prices based on miles driven or something like that.

You can then grind / buy the Cr you need to buy then and just buy them and enjoy the game.
Not get frustrated by the way they set it up currently.

In real life, "invites" are essentially based on a relationship with the brand. Owning cars, putting mileages on their cars, even driving for them in the Manufacturers Cup would all work fine. Then at least I have a path to ownership that I can work on.
Yes that would be a cool way of conveying that rarity. If you like a particular brand and buy and use their cars, they should invite you to events and sales.

Not that random mess where you may receive one day by huge luck an invite for a car you are interested too and you have the credits to buy it. Received 3 invites until now, for 3 cars I don't have any interest nor enough credits to afford them.

Plus I still have the invite icon over Brand Central while none of the invites is valid anymore. (No icon near the brands at least)

Last edited:
Eh, don't worry about it. Nobody needs every car in the game within the first month or two.

It will come eventually.

It's even funnier when all of the cars attached to the invites are cars you have zero desire in purchasing in general.

I had a strange instance where I had an invitation for the Citroen VGT and somehow I won an invitation in a random roulette for the same car so it overrode that ticket for a new one so now I have until the 9th of April lol.

The funny thing is it was on the exact day the old was ticket was due to expire. The game must really want me to get this particular car.😛

Eh, don't worry about it. Nobody needs every car in the game within the first month or two.

It will come eventually.
Lmao, I don't even need this game, why play it? The point is that I want the cars, ofcourse I don't need them. And not all the cars, just a select few.

If you play pokemon and you want a gengar, and the only way to get it is by a very small chance, no guarantees, wouldn't that frustrate you? It could take months, years before you might get it, or maybe never.

Stop whining, you WANT it but you don't NEED it :D who cares if you may never get it before the servers of the games are shut down and you can't play anymore due to the allways online requirement ?

players those days... so much entitlement...

Stop whining, you WANT it but you don't NEED it :D who cares if you may never get it before the servers of the games are shut down and you can't play anymore due to the allways online requirement ?

players those days... so much entitlement...
"The entitlement is strong with this one" :lol:

We all NEED to play GT ofcourse, that's why we all gather on this forum. :P

It's cute that you think that this is where the bottom of the barrel is.
Oh I'm sure there's more, but maybe I missed them at the start.
There are some legitimate complaints in the game; most the online championship races not loading for everyone trying to enter, the game not loading certain milestones so people couldn't progress etc... I even get the complaining about the games economy, it doesn't hugely impact me because I'd never trade real money for game money, but I get that people feel ripped off by the suggestion of chucking loads of extra cash at a digital car.

But invitations being too infrequent? Really?!
We're down there with "I don't like the font", "Why is the used car dealership the same size as one private garage", "Why is multiplayer in the water when we don't have boats".

This forum seems to have some knowledgeable & talented people on it but then a huge proportion of it is dedicated to tedious moaning.

Oh I'm sure there's more, but maybe I missed them at the start.
There are some legitimate complaints in the game; most the online championship races not loading for everyone trying to enter, the game not loading certain milestones so people couldn't progress etc... I even get the complaining about the games economy, it doesn't hugely impact me because I'd never trade real money for game money, but I get that people feel ripped off by the suggestion of chucking loads of extra cash at a digital car.

But invitations being too infrequent? Really?!
We're down there with "I don't like the font", "Why is the used car dealership the same size as one private garage", "Why is multiplayer in the water when we don't have boats".

This forum seems to have some knowledgeable & talented people on it but then a huge proportion of it is dedicated to tedious moaning.
This comes down to content being locked away for long periods, maybe indefinitely. If you compare that to a font not being to someone's liking, it seems that you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh, and good luck with grinding 20 hours for one of the 420 cars, not a problem to you apparently.

You say this forum as if it's something the mods can control...people are gonna be people dude. There's dumb and smart people in every crowd. I'm also not gonna say people are dumb for review-bombing Metacritic, but now that we've accomplished that, there's better things to do to get the attention of THE KAZ... even if just to say "hey don't $@%& this game up any more"

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back