Getting an invitation takes way too long

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 111 comments
This comes down to content being locked away for long periods, maybe indefinitely. If you compare that to a font not being to someone's liking, it seems that you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh, and good luck with grinding 20 hours for one of the 420 cars, not a problem to you apparently.
Specifically which car do you want that is "locked Away" behind the invites? It's not like invite only cars are winning all the online races.

Games are meant to take time to complete, if everything is easily available at the start where is the challenge?

The invites & roulette tickets in general are just mechanisms for unlocks/gifts the same as loot boxes etc... from the games that have those; play the game for long enough & stuff gets dumped at your feet. Maybe the problem here is that it's disguised to make you think you're in with a chance of "winning" and that you have a choice, you don't really - it's just about time spent in game.

Specifically which car do you want that is "locked Away" behind the invites? It's not like invite only cars are winning all the online races.

Games are meant to take time to complete, if everything is easily available at the start where is the challenge?

The invites & roulette tickets in general are just mechanisms for unlocks/gifts the same as loot boxes etc... from the games that have those; play the game for long enough & stuff gets dumped at your feet. Maybe the problem here is that it's disguised to make you think you're in with a chance of "winning" and that you have a choice, you don't really - it's just about time spent in game.
I want the Ferraris and the Carrera GT. What I'm looking for in a racegame is to drive/race the cars that are desirable to me. My goal is not to finish the game, or winning online races.

There's absolutely no challenge involved with this game mechanic, why make that point? Getting a daily marathon ticket is not challenging at all, and that's all you can do. The rest is by chance. If there actually was challenge involved to get invites I'd be all for it. That's the design of most video games.

The invitations seem random to me, at least they are presented as being random. Maybe it is programmed that after 1000 hours of play that you get an invite for Ferrari when you open a 4 star ticket. We just don't know.

I want the Ferraris and the Carrera GT. What I'm looking for in a racegame is to drive/race the cars that are desirable to me. My goal is not to finish the game, or winning online races.

There's absolutely no challenge involved with this game mechanic, why make that point? Getting a daily marathon ticket is not challenging at all, and that's all you can do. The rest is by chance. If there actually was challenge involved to get invites I'd be all for it. That's the design of most video games.

The invitations seem random to me, at least they are presented as being random. Maybe it is programmed that after 1000 hours of play that you get an invite for Ferrari when you open a 4 star ticket. We just don't know.
You don’t need a roulette ticket to win an invite simply add the car you want to your wish list continue to play the game and you will receive an invite within a few days.I did this for the Carrera GT and ironically I won another one later in the game so now I have two.

You don’t need a roulette ticket to win an invite simply add the car you want to your wish list continue to play the game and you will receive an invite within a few days.I did this for the Carrera GT and ironically I won another one later in the game so now I have two.
I did the same thing, but I actually got in invite through the ticket system.. I got a nice selection of Ferrari too!😎

I already have that check at the Porsche, and still didn't get it. Must have been checked for 2-3 weeks now. I think you just were lucky.

Last edited:
There are some legitimate complaints in the game; most the online championship races not loading for everyone trying to enter, the game not loading certain milestones so people couldn't progress etc... I even get the complaining about the games economy, it doesn't hugely impact me because I'd never trade real money for game money, but I get that people feel ripped off by the suggestion of chucking loads of extra cash at a digital car.
You get the complaining about the economy, but seem to have missed that this is part of the economy. Making expensive cars only available at random and for a limited period of time plays directly into the plan to pressure people into buying microtransactions.
First, everyone hates loot boxes as well.

Second, on average it's about time spent in the game, but that's not how the individual player experiences it. For any individual it's random - they may get a ticket for their favourite car the first day they play the game or it may take three years before it shows up. And apart from getting their one roulette ticket a day, there's not much they can do to influence that.

It's not even like legendary cars where if you really want that 18 million credit car you can sit down and grind out a few hundred laps of rally. That's not great, but you have a path that is guaranteed to get you the car. With the invite only cars you're sitting around waiting, hoping that your next daily roulette gives you not only an invite, but the right invite.

If it was purely about having spent enough time in the game, you'd see less people complaining. Still probably some, but gating content behind time or skill investment is common enough in RPG type games that most people wouldn't blink. Gating content behind randomness really only works in games like ARPGs or looter shooters that mitigate the randomness through sheer volume, or MMOs that have generally learned to have pity timers and/or alternate paths to loot so that there's a maximum amount of time you'll spend before you're guaranteed a reward.

This is pure randomness, and it's on such a long timer (and apparently at such a low probability of success) that it's hard not to see it as a frustration generator. People either don't care or they hate it. But I'm not really seeing anyone suggesting that this is an excellent implementation of an invite/exclusivity system. Which is the entire point of the thread.

• Getting an invitation takes way too long
  • Getting an engine takes way too long
  • Getting credits takes way too long
  • UCD & LCD rotation takes way too long
  • Changing to a new car takes way too long

I see a trend here…
* Getting an invitation is out of a player's choice or even control... It's incredibly random. After the menus, only a 4 star ticket can give you an invitation and you can only get one per day, and most of the time it's below 4 stars, and when it's a 4 star, 90% of the time you get a measly 5.000 or 10.000 credits. I've been playing the game since launch, got through all the menus and all days since then I've got a ticket for doing the daily routine. Only ONCE did I get an invitation on a roulette... And worst of all? It was to a car I had already won in a championship (Carrera GT).

You see, that's the thing. Invitations in these roulettes can be worth ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Imagine, in the long-term scenario of, somehow, getting all the invites and buying all the cars that need an invite. AFTER you buy all of them? What worth will those invitations have? They will be worth nothing and you likely will still see them pop up in the roulette.

The roulette by itself is already a stupid design (unless it was all equal, ergo, 5 car odds), but to make it so that it's biased towards the lowest payout 90% of the time... And that you can only get one per day... And that only the ones with 4 stars and above can give you actually decent prizes... Yeah, you can see that this was designed to just frustrate the player. And even when you do get an invitation, imagine it's the Ferrari one which has 3 cars, all of which are amazing (Enzo, LaFerrari, FXX K), which costs about 6-7 million all of them, and 6-7 million is about as much credits as you get after you completing the entire game, so you are left with grinding, but you don't have time, and more importantly, sanity, to grind the same rally or oval track race over and over, and the invitation has a timer on it... This is exactly designed to just push you into microtransactions. This is just shameful behaviour by PD.

Why not make the invitation system like IRL since PD is all about that realism now? Why not make it so that after you buy 3 Porsches or 3 Ferraris or any number of cars from a brand, you can then have access to buy the most exclusive models of said brand?
This is still a game so even this option shouldn't exist, this is a video game, but I could tolerate this at least.

* Same as above. In my case, I've yet to receive a single engine. Be it "new engine", or, more importantly, "engine swap".

* It does take too long... You would need thousands of hours of normal gameplay to get all the cars in the game. And still about 2 or 3 hundred hours of grinding one single race over and over.

* In my opinion, it doesn't take too long. But the cars available are very few in number. In the Legendary car dealer, you can only see the same car again 2 or 3 months later.

* lol

What!!? This actually works? You're not screwing with us are you? Why am I under the impression that you are just talking about the first invite you get for free in the game?

Last edited:
What!!? This actually works? You're not screwing with us are you? Why am I under the impression that you are just talking about the first invite you get for free in the game?
By the law of large numbers, there was going to be someone out there who favourited a car then shortly afterwards received an invite for it. It's interesting, but one data point doesn't mean anything. That there aren't multiple people reporting similar things means that it was probably just luck.

It's also incredibly easy to test, which I assume more than a few people will be doing after seeing this thread. When we don't hear them reporting back with excitement in the next week or so, you can assume that @giallofly was just lucky.

By the law of large numbers, there was going to be someone out there who favourited a car then shortly afterwards received an invite for it. It's interesting, but one data point doesn't mean anything. That there aren't multiple people reporting similar things means that it was probably just luck.

It's also incredibly easy to test, which I assume more than a few people will be doing after seeing this thread. When we don't hear them reporting back with excitement in the next week or so, you can assume that @giallofly was just lucky.
Totally agree, it's probably just luck. I've received invites to the Carrera GT, Gt by Citroen and the Lamborghini Veneno without adding any of them to my wish list and the one car that's on there (Aston Martin One-77), and been on there for a while I'm yet to get an invite for.

My heart skipped a beat when I got a 4 star ticket today! The CGT and Ferrari's are all on my wishlist. Turns out it had a pagani invite on the roulette wheel. :grumpy: I already got an invite in the past for that brand (expired by now), and while that invite was open I got the huayra as a prize car. I didn't even want that car.

But all this doesn't matter. The roulette landed on 30,000 Cr.! :bowdown:

I've got zero invitations right now and haven't had any in a long time (haven't been keeping track). I would've thought, at any one time, there'd be at least something. Guess not.

I want the Enzo.

For now I only have the Enzo..

-List of cars that need invitation.

Aston Martin
One-77 '11 > 1.320.000
Vulcan '16 > 3.300.000

Bugatti
Veyron 16.4 '13 > 2.000.000

Citroen
GT by Citroen Road Car > 1.000.000

Ferrari
LaFerrari '13 > 1.600.000
Enzo Ferrari '02 > 2.500.000
FXX K '14 > 3.600.000

Lamborghini
Veneno '14 > 3.640.000

Porsche
Carrera GT '04 > 2.300.000

Pagani
Huayra '13 > 1.350.000

For now I only have the Enzo..

-List of cars that need invitation.

Aston Martin
One-77 '11 > 1.320.000
Vulcan '16 > 3.300.000

Bugatti
Veyron 16.4 '13 > 2.000.000

Citroen
GT by Citroen Road Car > 1.000.000

Ferrari
LaFerrari '13 > 1.600.000
Enzo Ferrari '02 > 2.500.000
FXX K '14 > 3.600.000

Lamborghini
Veneno '14 > 3.640.000

Porsche
Carrera GT '04 > 2.300.000

Pagani
Huayra '13 > 1.350.000

Not actually that many then, not that thats a bad thing of course. Assumed they would have 'locked' more away behind that feature.

Twice I've gotten a Citroen invitation 🤢

I saw the Porsche one spin once.... and I grinded like hell and got the Carrera GT 😎

I've seen the Ferrari spin around 3 times... and never got it 😢

Last edited:
B80
Not actually that many then, not that thats a bad thing of course. Assumed they would have 'locked' more away behind that feature.
Yeah, I'm surprised to see the list written like this. I've had more than half of these invites!

Agreed OP. During the menu's I got 3 invitations.

1 for the Carrera (which I won after completing Cafe 39) and 2 for the Huayra (used 1 to buy it). Since then I've seen some Ferrari and Lambo invitations in roulettes but never landed on them

Apparently this works... of 3 invitations received, Lamborghini x1 and Ferrari x2 I did not expect to receive a new invitation, I left in favorites all the cars that need an invitation and days later I got the invitation from Bugatti, I don't think it's a coincidence.

Rather than PD profiting off of MTX I think you will see people stop playing the game much earlier because they cannot buy the cars they want for 2 reasons, invitations or rather lack thereof and the poor economy. The used CLK in the legendary market would cost roughly $60 American $$ if using MTX, who is going to spend that much for a car they might not care to drive in the end?

Apparently this works... of 3 invitations received, Lamborghini x1 and Ferrari x2 I did not expect to receive a new invitation, I left in favorites all the cars that need an invitation and days later I got the invitation from Bugatti, I don't think it's a coincidence.
Glad it worked for you, for me it still doesn’t after a month of having the CGT checked…

I have only 1 invitation for Aston Martin, but I don't like One 77 and Vulkan since GT Sport.
I would like Ferrari or Porsche, and I don't wait for the invtation, cos I don't believe it would be soon.

The system is bad. It would be great, if there were special events for invitations

Last edited:
You favourited ALL the cars, and then got an invitation a few days later? What's the expected rate of receiving invitations that you find that odd?

You've received 4 now and the game has been out a month, that's about one a week. Getting an invitation every few days is not unusual.

How is the invitation frequency out there these days? I had one recently, the first one in over a month, but sadly it was for the Bugatti which I already got early on in the game.
At this rate it'll take me more than 7 months to get all invitation cars, which is silly.

How is the invitation frequency out there these days? I had one recently, the first one in over a month, but sadly it was for the Bugatti which I already got early on in the game.
At this rate it'll take me more than 7 months to get all invitation cars, which is silly.
No better than it was on release.

Back