Getting bored of GTS

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 71 comments
Finland
Finland
HI-tauer
That thread title suggest a rant about the flaws of GTS, but im just getting bored. I really cant say for sure why. Yes the physics took a step to the dull side for the gr3 - all that understeer makes cornering a task of sliding (front) through corners. Theres not much of dynamic feel with gr3 - nor in ffb.. (tgt)

There is just occasional good car/track combo in dailies, but mostly i just run sport tt trying to improve. I even get bored of that more and more.

Anyone else experiencin similar loss of interest?

the only thing annoying me right now is that when I press X on any of the menus at the top, for whatever reason it's just not progressing beyond that and staying still.

And of course by the time i fix the problem, it's now 1 minute after the event starts... piece of **** game.

Shouldn't have to delete temp files just for a game to work as intended, jesus christ.

Last edited by a moderator:
That thread title suggest a rant about the flaws of GTS, but im just getting bored. I really cant say for sure why. Yes the physics took a step to the dull side for the gr3 - all that understeer makes cornering a task of sliding (front) through corners. Theres not much of dynamic feel with gr3 - nor in ffb.. (tgt)

There is just occasional good car/track combo in dailies, but mostly i just run sport tt trying to improve. I even get bored of that more and more.

I have lost all interest in GT Sport and I have gone back to playing GT5 & 6 for some reason. When I started playing GT Sport I had no intention to play GT5 & GT6 ever again, because GT Sport was the game I liked but I was wrong.

I get where you're coming from with that last physics update. I'm not skilled enough to say if it's more realistic than the previous tail happy physics or not but it's nowhere near as much fun as it used to be. Too numb and forgiving. One saving grace is a lot of the higher powered road cars are much easier to drive and road cars are my thing. Always a combo I haven't done and that keeps me coming back.

If you're always waiting for combos to come up that you like, I'm not surprised you're getting bored. I've lost count of the tracks and/or cars I've initially thought were crap but a lot of them soon grew on me after another look. Not Tsukuba though. Anything but Tsukuba.

Try mixing things up to see if you can find a bit of inspiration.

the only thing annoying me right now is that when I press X on any of the menus at the top, for whatever reason it's just not progressing beyond that and staying still.

And of course by the time i fix the problem, it's now 1 minute after the event starts... piece of **** game.

Shouldn't have to delete temp files just for a game to work as intended, jesus christ.

Are you using a physical copy or a download? I downloaded mine, never had a problem in game (stuck in pit/grid) and only ever had one disconnect from a daily race. Never deleted the cache on my standard PS4 either.

The more likely culprit is your console, game disk, hard drive or a bugged game install, not the game itself.

I get where you're coming from with that last physics update. I'm not skilled enough to say if it's more realistic than the previous tail happy physics or not but it's nowhere near as much fun as it used to be. Too numb and forgiving. One saving grace is a lot of the higher powered road cars are much easier to drive and road cars are my thing. Always a combo I haven't done and that keeps me coming back.

If you're always waiting for combos to come up that you like, I'm not surprised you're getting bored. I've lost count of the tracks and/or cars I've initially thought were crap but a lot of them soon grew on me after another look. Not Tsukuba though. Anything but Tsukuba.

Try mixing things up to see if you can find a bit of inspiration.

Are you using a physical copy or a download? I downloaded mine, never had a problem in game (stuck in pit/grid) and only ever had one disconnect from a daily race. Never deleted the cache on my standard PS4 either.

The more likely culprit is your console, game disk, hard drive or a bugged game install, not the game itself.

The console is not the issue, it's a known thing with GT Sport that at points you have to clear the cache, an annoying thing tbh.

And it's 100% not the harddrive seen as I have the Samsung 860 evo SSD installed... on the 500million edition PS4 Pro.

Also the game is a download, i don't use discs, hence the point of buying a solid state for it.

But it;s like i said, its fixed anyway, once you clear the cache it lets you in the menus straight away, its just a minor bug that can be inopportune when you forget the cause.

I have been bored with this game for over 6 months now. Hardly any of my friends play it online anymore and there is just this general malaise about it :-(

Before anyone says "just start another account" I am actually already doing this. It makes online sport races hassle free as I don't care (any more!) about being given indiscriminate penalties when it is is clearly not my fault and I now enjoy hunting down and dealing with culprits with a total disregard for any ranking ;-)

Having said that it is a sad indictment on the game that I should feel this way and be put in a position where I feel that I should need to play like this.

The cars are bland, the tracks are bland (especially the fictional ones) and the total lack of comradery has disappointed me no end.

I would hazard a guess and say that if the GT6 servers were still up no one would be playing this game except for a few die hard fan bois ;-)

My $0.02

To me this is an endless cycle of waiting until the end of the month for the update and there's a lot of buzz here around then however it doesnt last long.

Again they dont seem to be able to exploit their assets well... we run out of excitement come mid month.

So right now this is the dull point. Look how we loved the Clio Tundra and some of Sardegna. Its over now.

I wish they'd just add more weekly races.

I really don't mind having a week to do the races, because most of us work and having the excess time is ideal... but if they had maybe 5 races instead of 3 it'd probably make a significant difference because it'd feel like you can't even get your time where you want it for each race, and actually get through them all enough in the week.

Or maybe they could have 5 slots for races, with one of those slots being a "random race/race class" every single day... just to spice it up.

Idk, but the most egregious thing PD did was not having a direct route to get in touch with them and discuss ideas... it's disgraceful that in 2019 theres really no way of getting proper feedback to them, that we know they've actually read.

There might be an email somewhere but nobody is reading that, they should (like most developers) have a dedicated forum so the "hardcore community" can voice their opinions and ideas.

Lobbies are where it's at. They saved GT6 for me and the mode is still my go-to for enjoying GTS. Also due to the repetitive nature of driving games in general. I always think it's wise to always be playing something else on the side like an RPG or action game. I played through Dark Souls, Deus Ex, The Witcher, Modern Warfare ETC while still playing GTS pretty regularly.

Anyways, this thread may have been created to vent frustration but I can see it's already starting to become a generic wish list/complaint thread that most topics on this forum devolve into nowadays.

Man these "I'm bored" type of threads are getting old.

As for this, I'd just play a different game just like now. Playing TC2 and other games serve as a break for me from GTS and when I feel like I need to play GTS, I just come back to it.

Make a 2nd account
If someone got bored of GT Sport, why the hell would someone make a 2nd account for ?

PD has to give me something special to play GT Sport again, and Rain would definitely not get me interested.

Maybe he's saying that he's bored because he also gets penalized when someone bumps him during races? 💡:lol:

"Getting bored of GTS... I will create a thread!"

:banghead:

I thought these forums are for coversation. Kind of the whole point of these threads is to get an opinion and thoughts from fellow gamers. I think starting a new thread is better option to filling existing thread with off topic conversation. :cheers::lol:

That said - i think i make my point of view more clear. As we see theres all kinds of reasons people get bored of the game. Im one who doesnt play games to spend time, thus really dont have time for games that require long hours, but instead I use the few hours per week i have precious free time left by playing GTS. I have since launch - or since beta actually, and for some reason i just lately have started to get bored. Instead of "one more lap/race" i take few laps or a race or two and im done. And its not like im getting worse. Im actually very much on par with my performance before the slight physics change they did.

As i have not complained too much about the new physics version - i was actually one of the optimistic ones here, i must say there is some truth in these comments of new physics being a bit dull and lifeless. Less stimulating id say. Not saying its more or less realistic, but it does seem to make the game a bit lifeless. Sport races are like past few F1 seasons - theres "racing", but everyone has to be so carefull with understeer and penalties its more of a math competition than fight club. :odd: That coming from someone who loves clean racing is something..:lol:

My advice would simply be to take a break from GT Sport for a while. Play something else. Do something else.

GT Sport can become a big time sink and can take it's toll. When we had the recent break in the FIA season I was actually quite happy to not need to put so much time in for a little while.

A break can do wonders. You'll either come back refreshed or find something else to do with your time. Win win really!

I got bored as soon as I golded the game which took me like 3 days :D sure,sport mode is great and all but I miss the good old GT things :D I also still hate the tire model so...

Bored of the game? Do something else for a while.

Bored of the sport mode repetition, but still like the game? Try something new in game. Like no quali, last to first, random lobbies - and mess about with a larger range of cars.

I got bored as soon as I golded the game which took me like 3 days :D sure,sport mode is great and all but I miss the good old GT things :D I also still hate the tire model so...
I try to like GTSport but I can't. Just like you, I don't like the tire model (drifting used to be fun in GT6) and the suspension model (too stiff IMO). I miss so many features like dynamic TOD (from night to day at the Nurb was my favorite thing to do). And the absence of all the classic original tracks is crazy. At the end, one of the most successful Playstation will never see a proper GT. So I think we can say that this gen was mismanaged by Poly.
To be honest, I'm bored too by GTSport. However, there are many good signs for a future great Gran Turismo. We just have to wait...

But it;s like i said, its fixed anyway, once you clear the cache it lets you in the menus straight away, its just a minor bug that can be inopportune when you forget the cause.

Sorry, but that's the first time I've heard of the bug and didn't know it was widespread. The point still remains about causes though. Hardware can often be fickle, even when it's new.

If someone got bored of GT Sport, why the hell would someone make a 2nd account for ?

Last to first challenges for all the extra overtaking. Going through the lower ranks sure sharpens your awareness up too.:lol:

Can you please tell me, where is the fun in this game ?.

Said the person who spent the majority of their time grinding then defending the credit system on here... I believe you even said (numerous times) that it wasn't the game's fault if you don't enjoy it?

Back