Getting poles in Daily Races

Easy Lower your SR.

Enter a few races and get about 4 penalties by cutting corners, drop some SR = easier bracket.

Distinct Days Game Access76
Sport Mode Completed Races189
Sport Mode Performances6,649 (in the Top 24%)
Sport Mode Sportmanship (SR)95/99
Sport Mode Wins5
Sport Mode Consecutive Clean Races2
Sport Mode Pole Position15
Sport Mode Fastest Laps7

Is the 95/99 my SR number?? Where is my DR number you guys talk about? You can tell by my stats Im a slow learner. Just got GTS at Xmas and just got my Fanatec wheel about 3 weeks ago, I just started liking it last week, at first I thought it was a mistake but I am definitely faster now and way more consistent.

Is the 95/99 my SR number?? Where is my DR number you guys talk about?
Yeah the 95/99 is your Sportsmanship rating, your DR is:

Distinct Days Game Access76
Sport Mode Completed Races189
Sport Mode Performances6,649 (in the Top 24%)
Sport Mode Sportmanship (SR)95/99
Sport Mode Wins5
Sport Mode Consecutive Clean Races2
Sport Mode Pole Position15
Sport Mode Fastest Laps7

and the rank that figure equates to is displayed below in the graphs & tabulation 👍

Thank you Mr. Apex. I think I was in one of your races last night maybe if you race under ApexPredator, at Alsace Village maybe???

Thank you Mr. Apex. I think I was in one of your races last night maybe if you race under ApexPredator, at Alsace Village maybe???
You're welcome! I was indeed at Alsace the other night, so yeah that will have been me - I hope I was well behaved :P

I now got 98 poles in 322 races. All of them happened on race A. It's easier when everyone got the same car and when the car is stock with sport tires. It's a little bit harder to control, but practice more and you'll be able to reach the point where you don't make mistakes.

I still need to buy a lot of the GR3 and GR4 cars such as the GTR and 458 ect.. Hopefully then I will get more pole positions. Only 1 so far:lol:

I’ll qualify for you if you want :lol:

Edit: via Share Play. You wouldnt have to give me any info just add YouMayBeSeatedHD and send me a message whenever you need/want me to help out lol

That would be cool but it would seem like a hollow victory getting someone to maybe win you poles. On the other hand, wouldn't poles be agood option to get you poles?

If he’s just worried about the PSN Trophy, I doubt he cares about the glory.

If this post is referring to the OP, then I'll have you know that it's all about the glory. I couldn't care less about a trophy and would never want someone to qualify for me.

I've earned several poles since this topic was created (only at Interlagos) but I couldn't be more proud :)

Edit - I've never played a game and thought about trophies. In fact, to this day, I've never platinumed a game. Couldn't care to do so.

On a semi related note to the OP, I have had the game a few weeks, coming over from PCars1 and 2. PC2 I just could not get to work with a controller and it's still a bug fest, but PC1 I was regularly fighting for podiums online, nabbing the odd win.

On GTSport I am dog slow. I am safety B and speed D and when matched with C's I am being spanked. I find other drivers have much, much faster entry and mid corner pace whilst I suffer from horrible understeer. I moved controller sensitivity to 7 from 0 which helped but still feel the cars push too much. Even loose cars like the viper gt3, which is twitchy on the as, corner entry is so understeery and mid corner coast is brutal, just pushes and pushes, I cannot rotate these cars.

The actual racing is quite good but I feel like I am driving 400hp zambonis.

Ayy finally did it in the group b races yesterday!
Which is surprising cos I was really bad at that track but manage to learn well
65 poles!! Thank god aha
120 wins
477 races
Dr currently sits at 67,122 I think really want to get to 70k though that’s the next big target now I’ve got the poles
Took some time though

Dr currently sits at 67,122 I think really want to get to 70k though that’s the next big target now I’ve got the poles
Took some time though
I've been between 65k - 68k for a couple weeks and finding it really difficult to get any higher. I won a race C the other day and got a whopping 37dr. Got 4th the next race and lost 400ish.

Today on Alsace (race B), I won 6 of the 8 races I entered, gaining about 100-300dr per win. One of those races after serving a penalty, I finished 9th and lost over 1100dr. The other non-win I finished 4th I think. So after 8 races, 6 of those being wins, I ended the day with almost 600 dr less than I started.

As of this post, I am currently high Dr B with 24,442 Dr points (roughly 5500 pts away from Dr A. I've completed 272 races in sport mode and have been able to win nine races (although none in a few weeks as I've hit a slump). To break out of the slump, I have been trying now more than ever to win a pole in a daily race, but I just cannot.

In 272 sport mode races, I have only won a single pole which came in an FiA points race. I have never won a pole in a daily race. As a high Dr B driver I can usually set a time within 4 seconds of the top 10 times. If I get any closer (2-3) seconds, I just get matched with some of the top 10 and suffer horribly. This happened last week with the Gr1 Nations Race at Interlagos.

Interlagos is my best track in the game, so I practiced for over an hour trying to get the best lap possible. I was (I think) three seconds or less off the top times? I figured for sure, I would have to win the pole, right? I got matchmaked with ORMA_Snow and other drivers in the top 10, qualified dead last and was .3 off the car that qualified right in front of me. I wasn't even close to their times, and it went about as well as you can expect, I finished last...

Unfortunately, my Dr is on the rise (Kudosprime: http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1499305) because unlike that one interlagos race, I typically finish better than I qualify. Twice yesterday, I qualified 17th at Blue Moon Infield B II and gained 10 spots in the race. (On average I gain around 4 spots from where I start). Since my Dr is on the rise, I keep getting put further back in the field and I am forced to try to work my way up. I'll finish a few spots better and the Dr will rise...

I've tried sandbagging in quals, racing early in the morning, and running endless qualifying laps to achieve my best time, but I still cannot get a pole in a daily race (Meanwhile, I have friends with similar DRs who run similar times to me, and have double digit pole numbers).

Don't get me wrong, I don't have to win a race to enjoy it, but it'd be nice to start up front once in a while and have a shot to win. Can anyone offer me any tips to winning poles in Daily Races?

I've got lots of poles and wins without purposely tanking my ranking.
I play mostly in the morning so don't know if that's anything to do with it but it is somewhat of a lottery where you get placed.

I do as fast a qually lap as possible but only do about 15 laps as i save every fastest lap as a ghost so I know where I should be aiming for

I've been between 65k - 68k for a couple weeks and finding it really difficult to get any higher. I won a race C the other day and got a whopping 37dr. Got 4th the next race and lost 400ish.

Today on Alsace (race B), I won 6 of the 8 races I entered, gaining about 100-300dr per win. One of those races after serving a penalty, I finished 9th and lost over 1100dr. The other non-win I finished 4th I think. So after 8 races, 6 of those being wins, I ended the day with almost 600 dr less than I started.

Exactly what I get, if I do well in race b or c of the fia races it should give me a decent jump providing the s rated competition is there but then of course if there are other s rated there’s a good chance it ain’t gonna easy to beat them
I topped out at 68k recently then had a night mare and lost 4K back up to 67 hopefully I can get there aha

No hope for the rest of us then :bowdown::bowdown:

I've got lots of poles and wins without purposely tanking my ranking.
I play mostly in the morning so don't know if that's anything to do with it but it is somewhat of a lottery where you get placed.

I do as fast a qually lap as possible but only do about 15 laps as i save every fastest lap as a ghost so I know where I should be aiming for

Yeah slightly easier in the morning, everyone faster by the evening usually.

Hasn’t helped me much though still only have 20 poles!

I've been stuck on 6 wins and 8 poles ever since I moved up to B/S... probably for at least 100 races. The laws of chance suggest I should occasionally find myself in a race near the front, but it doesn't happen, simply because players cheat. Every time I enter a race the pole sitter would be close to the top 10 times, and would win the race by a country mile. They are managing their dr/sr down to win easier races. Practically every race I enter someone quits immediately to drop sr and dr

After dropping down to C/D thanks to a mad nights racing dragons tail (so much fun though) I scored my first win in ages and 2 poles

I'm back up to dr B but still sr C.. it's damn hard to race clean down with the monkeys! I won't be deliberately tanking my ratings because to me that's cheating, but I've stopped caring about dr/sr as so many players cheat the system it simply doesn't work.

I've been stuck on 6 wins and 8 poles ever since I moved up to B/S... probably for at least 100 races. The laws of chance suggest I should occasionally find myself in a race near the front, but it doesn't happen, simply because players cheat. Every time I enter a race the pole sitter would be close to the top 10 times, and would win the race by a country mile. They are managing their dr/sr down to win easier races. Practically every race I enter someone quits immediately to drop sr and dr

After dropping down to C/D thanks to a mad nights racing dragons tail (so much fun though) I scored my first win in ages and 2 poles

I'm back up to dr B but still sr C.. it's damn hard to race clean down with the monkeys! I won't be deliberately tanking my ratings because to me that's cheating, but I've stopped caring about dr/sr as so many players cheat the system it simply doesn't work.
At B/S it's not unusual at all to see people 1.5-2 seconds off the Top 10
At A/S be prepared to get matchmaked against the Top 10 fairly often

Every time I enter a race the pole sitter would be close to the top 10 times, and would win the race by a country mile. They are managing their dr/sr down to win easier races. Practically every race I enter someone quits immediately to drop sr and dr

I've seen this phenomena quite a lot more since the last penalty changes. My ratings tanked a few days ago, and on the way back up I more often than not see the pole close to a top 10. In my region the #1 time at BB Raceway is by a B/S driver ( and he's faster than TRL_Doodle ). I know 2 of the people in the top 10 at Monza. Neither of them are anywhere close to B/B that the ratings show. There's an E/D driver in the top 10 too. I guess we should figure that he just got the game this morning. Um, yea.

Poles have been getting rare for me these last several weeks.

Back