Getting poles in Daily Races

My stats pretty much mirror yours
280+ races
8 wins
But
17 poles

These poles all came when I wasn't maxed out in SR. You really have to be mixed with SR A/B crowd to have a chance at pole.

Also, I always spend 30min quali, then I watch a top10, and then I spend another 15min quali before entering my first race. This usually nets me a time less than 2sec off the top 10.

With that quali time I get placed top 10 at maxed SR and top 3 in low SR S or lower.

I have 290 races completed, my DR is 47,914
Sport mode wins: 64
Sport mode pole positions: 69
Sport mode fastest laps: 79

95% of my wins came from when I was a lower DR, or when I don't get matched with DR. S drivers (I've beaten a handful of them, but never a bunch at once).

This could simply be a problem of the type of driver you are, you might not have what it takes to run qualifying laps, but obviously you're consistent - which means you probably pass a lot of people who are driving off track/making mistakes.

Qualifying laps for me typically go like this; run 5-6 laps at "race pace" which means making sure I stay on track at all times.
Then I start running more aggressively - and if I make mistakes I just restart. Let's say I'm in the middle of a good lap and I'm a half second up on my previous fastest lap, I might switch to race pace for the balance of that lap just to maintain the time rather than continue to push like crazy and make a mistake.
A proper qualifying lap for me is going to be faster than my race pace as a proper qualifying lap takes plenty of risks and is pushing the very limit of the track/car.

After a 30 minute (at most) qualifying session, I've got a time no more than 2 seconds off the #1 time (less for shorter circuits), and if my laps came together well - I might even be within a second of the #1 time.
If I can't put together a good qualifying lap - I won't do the race.

Good spot, that...

Mine are also similar:
Sport Mode Wins 25
Sport Mode Pole Position 21
Sport Mode Fastest Laps 24

474 races

Hmm... interesting. Mine don't see too similar

Sport mode wins - 9
Sport mode poles - 1
Fastest laps - 3

in 272 sport mode races.

What I really need is a Gr3/4 Daily at Interlagos. 5 of my 9 wins have come from that lol.

[QUOTE="Sean Renon, post: 12235262, member: 291414"
If I can't put together a good qualifying lap - I won't do the race.[/QUOTE]

This is another issue I worry about. If I don't think the race suites me, I don't race. Since I skip tracks/events I am less likely to do well in/enjoy I feel my Dr does not fully represent myself as a driver as it tends to only see my better days

Hmm... interesting. Mine don't see too similar

Sport mode wins - 9
Sport mode poles - 1
Fastest laps - 3

in 272 sport mode races.

Well, you aren't qualifying well enough if you can win 9 times more races than you can pole on. These races that you win mean that you are the fastest driver, so you should be setting better times.

@ROCKET JOE I'm sure it was about .4 you were ahead of P2. Good going anyway 👍

Well, you aren't qualifying well enough if you can win 9 times more races than you can pole on. These races that you win mean that you are the fastest driver, so you should be setting better times.

@ROCKET JOE I'm sure it was about .4 you were ahead of P2. Good going anyway 👍

I think I'm just consistent tbh. So many drivers in SrS wreck themselves... One of my best races ever happened a few weeks ago with the one make Bugatti Gr4 at Maggiore west. I started near the rear and made up like 11 or so spots. Half the reason I the gap up is because people wrecked every single lap. It wasn't even kids taking each other out, it was mostly people just going off track when I wasn't.

This is another issue I worry about. If I don't think the race suites me, I don't race. Since I skip tracks/events I am less likely to do well in/enjoy I feel my Dr does not fully represent myself as a driver as it tends to only see my better days

I wouldn't worry about this. Your DR is meant to move with you, if you decide to start racing tracks you're not as good at and your DR goes down a little, so what.

Since I skip tracks/events I am less likely to do well in/enjoy I feel my Dr does not fully represent myself as a driver as it tends to only see my better days

So what ... there's nothing wrong in taking one's time to generally improve slowly :cheers:.

@Robben
Btw what's your racing name ?

I don't even one ;) I just jump around the boards commenting on things and judging people without having ever raced a race myself :P

The mystery continue's. Why keep it a secret?
Come on share with :gtpflag:

Back on topic,
66 poles
70 wins
17 consecutive clean races
426 completed races.
The poles will come,
I got 6 back to back on Tuesday GR4 at Yamagiwa

Last edited:
I just prefer to keep it private off the forum.

Aha. You prefer to keep it private and you say it with a :), but you're happily looking up other people's stats ... which are ( even more ) private, I think. ????? Just saying ... no further comments. It's a thread about getting poles in the end.

Aha. You prefer to keep it private and you say it with a :), but you're happily looking up other people's stats ... which are ( even more ) private, I think. ????? Just saying ... no further comments. It's a thread about getting poles in the end.
If other people want theirs to be public then that's up to them... it's not a prerequisite to using the site 👍

Yesterday I won my first race without qualification time ... but i'm not a fast "pilot" ..

Sport Mode Completed Races 442 :dopey:
Sport Mode Wins19 :embarrassed:
Sport Mode Consecutive Clean Races 19 :sly:
Sport Mode Pole Position 25
Sport Mode Fastest Laps 18

I wasted many poles... , a few times the cause has been my driving mistakes ..

Liveries 629 :dunce: :sly:

IR

Last edited:
To those who have suggested to tank my Dr/Sr, I decline that option. I'm proud of where my Dr/Sr are and I have worked very hard to get them there. Tanking it simply makes those numbers and any wins/poles that come with it meaningless.
Good for you, not listening to the people that say you should drop down to the lower ranks, in order to get some cheap wins/poles. Why not get a fake birth certificate so you can join a little league team and win the mvp award in the 10 year-old league.

If I understand you, you're really just looking to get better. It is a definite advantage to start from the pole, as 90% of my wins have come from there. If you have 1 pole in 272 races, I say your qualifying laps are too conservative. Try different things on each corner. If you exit a turn slowly, you lose a bunch of time for the whole straightaway that follows. Maybe try braking sooner than you usually do, to be able to get back to the gas sooner. Also, something that is common in the top 10 replays is that just about every corner exit is at the extreme outer edge of the track, as they are giving the corner all the speed it can handle.

I really like racing against my ghost car. It helps when you can win a bunch of 1 lap races against your ghost. Just try different things, and if your ghost pulls away from you, you learn what doesn't work.

Last edited:
Most of my poles come from getting bashed to lower SR on Monza, or when I draft bump on Bluemoon. At max SR there's usually an alien at the front, sometimes disguised as a lower DR yet you can't fool me with a 2 sec faster qualifying time than the rest!

I've got 142 poles, 161 wins, 134 fastest laps. I'm more consistent than fast and recently the penalty system has gotten me some more wins. Besides that I don't put much effort in qualifying, I rather race. I turned the ghost car off long ago, I can't help but try to avoid it, racing with a ghost doesn't work for me.

Btw if that seems like a lot of wins, my race finished count in 1583 :)

Seriously, keep you SR between 80-90. You will then get paired with much weaker competition.

As stated above, I do not want to alter my Sr. It makes the stats meaningless. It should only rise and fall when I mess up/do better, not to game the system.

The entire reason I've made this thread is because I care about my stats. To see it inflate because I'm trying to alter my Sr just takes the shine off the numbers for me.

I can't believe how many people have long consecutive clean race streaks! My best is 3!!! Lol

Well, don't enter races without qualifying... I just dropped to SR.A in one race on Mount Panorama. I'm A/S, started behind D/S players that brake in the oddest places while I have another car behind me bumping into me... I guess I'll set a lap not to start behind D/S anymore. The wonders of matchmaking :)

As stated above, I do not want to alter my Sr. It makes the stats meaningless. It should only rise and fall when I mess up/do better, not to game the system.

The entire reason I've made this thread is because I care about my stats. To see it inflate because I'm trying to alter my Sr just takes the shine off the numbers for me.

I can't believe how many people have long consecutive clean race streaks! My best is 3!!! Lol

How noble of you. :P

but on a serious note, the pole values should be relatively unimportant to you. You have confined yourself to always racing with S/A Dr individuals because of how the matching system works. I wouldn't expect you to get poles unless you can post near a top 10 time. So the only way to get around this to to practice and qualify more.

How noble of you. :P

but on a serious note, the pole values should be relatively unimportant to you. You have confined yourself to always racing with S/A Dr individuals because of how the matching system works. I wouldn't expect you to get poles unless you can post near a top 10 time. So the only way to get around this to to practice and qualify more.

@TheGeologist Unfortunately, because poles are the result of matchmaking rather than driving, in order to get more poles, you have to improve your matchmaking results.

I know what you're saying in regards to not wanting to "game the system", but the system is a game after all. If the matchmaking consistently put you in a group of your closest rivals, then it would just be a matter of putting in your fastest laps. As it stands though, you have to put in your fastest laps AND game the system.

Back