Getting The Basics

United States
Lenoir, NC
SonicSupraRZ
So I’ve been playing Sport since release and I’ve got gold on everything and completed the campaign so far. I’ve never messed with tuning even in past games. So my question is if I want to learn tuning to cut my times, build my car for more speed and all that, where do I begin?? I don’t have the first clue about this stuff. Any help would be appreciated a lot.

So I’ve been playing Sport since release and I’ve got gold on everything and completed the campaign so far. I’ve never messed with tuning even in past games. So my question is if I want to learn tuning to cut my times, build my car for more speed and all that, where do I begin?? I don’t have the first clue about this stuff. Any help would be appreciated a lot.

Depends where you want to end up - being able to improve 'your' cars or being a general tuner for all cars, possibly drivers and situations ie hot lapping Vs enduro tyre wear setups..

If you're going to do it for yourself, you have different options:

1) 'deconstruct' others setups to see how they work
2) start from scratch yourself

A good place to start would be splitting the tuning options into groups or individual elements, for instance - splitting the LSD, suspension and aero into seperate 'tests' / research. Then splitting these into they're individual parts i.e. suspension test / research just ride height, or toe, or roll bars.

One important thing to remember, DON'T try to add together the best setting for each individual element thinking this will give you a total 'best' setup, GT has never worked like that.

Important to remember when you test things like suspension / LSD try to use a roadcar as the aero on racecars can impact findings.

Try to keep the variables i.e track etc as consistent as possible, so you know it's your changes to the setup which is having an impact, not things outside of these..

Good luck..

Back