GIFs of cars with tiny difference (tutorial & GT500/MX5/GTR series added)

• Thread starter markwang
  • 314 comments
China
Beijing
Tutorial:
1. Go to Photo Travel, select an ideal location with default camera position. (In my case, I choose Siracusa #3 position)
2. Do not move your camera and your car, set your camera position. (You can reverse the car here or in the viewfinder mode)
3. Press the triangle button, you are now in the Camera Menu, set the Focal Length. (In my case, I set the f to 77mm) You can set some other settings here. When finished, quit the Camera Menu.
4. Set the F-stop and Exposure. (In my case, I set the F to 8.0 and +0.5EV)
5. Sometimes the car doesn't cover the center of the image, it seems that the focus is not on the car. But in many camera positions, the focus is actually good enough. So just select an ideal F-stop, do not press square button, just take your shot!
6. Make the gif. :)

NMlVvYKn.gif

e37BzigM.gif

el4TyzFD.gif

hNC8YPqE.gif

f1iMzIA6.gif

Last edited:
Haha, that´s pretty cool. Makes me see differences I otherwise might had never noticed. Why does the X-Bow R have smaller rear tires?

Edit: What Azure Flare said!!! ^^

This is totally awesome. PD should have these on their site to be honest xD. How do you maintain the same exact photo angle in each shot?

I'm learning a lot with your project here @markwang, great concept.
Only thing that could make it better is adding captions describing the full name of each car in the Gifs 👍

btw, everyone else, if you'd like to see each frame individually, here's a handy website that'll do it for you:
http://gif-explode.com/

Latest Posts

Back