Girlfriend winning Alsace Clubman 600 in Mini Cooper 'S 65

• Thread starter Barareklam
  • 131 comments
Hmm... I think I made exact copy of the settings from @gkgamer but results are different, I have 172 BHP and only 537.01 PP? While you have 179 BHP and 579.61 PP.
What is missing?
Sports ECU >>> Racing ECU
Sports Soft tires >>> Racing Soft tires

Front Aero
No Rear Wing
Wide Body
Wide wheels, wide offset

That should do it.

Sports ECU >>> Racing ECU
Sports Soft tires >>> Racing Soft tires

Front Aero
No Rear Wing
Wide Body
Wide wheels, wide offset

That should do it.

I wonder how blind I am and not see tires. However, it's still a bit different?

Racing ECU (fully customisable), check
Racing soft, check
Front aero, check
Wide body, check
Wide wheels, check
Wide offset, check
575 PP, 174 BHP? Uhm..?

Attachments

• 181058dad2627-screenshotUrl.jpg
    181058dad2627-screenshotUrl.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 181058d7bfc31-screenshotUrl.jpg
    181058d7bfc31-screenshotUrl.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 181058d357774-screenshotUrl.jpg
    181058d357774-screenshotUrl.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 19
@gkgamer
:bowdown:Awesome lap times!
Where do I find the replay video, is on the ps5?
Thanks for posting your tune l'm anxious to give a go when I get on today. 👍
Showcase, search for barareklam under replays

Attachments

• 18105a184ed12-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18105a184ed12-screenshotUrl.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 15
  • 18105a1adc9100-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18105a1adc9100-screenshotUrl.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 14
I wonder how blind I am and not see tires. However, it's still a bit different?

Racing ECU (fully customisable), check
Racing soft, check
Front aero, check
Wide body, check
Wide wheels, check
Wide offset, check
575 PP, 174 BHP? Uhm..?
You still have Sports Soft on the rear though... :D

for the power, I am using a low mileage (500km) Mini.
Maybe if you use a Mini from the used dealership with high mileage, the engine is a bit worn?
It's just a guess, I am not sure about this at all.

Edit: it is as @ROCKET JOE says, BHP vs HP

Last edited:
@gkgamer 's unit is HP while yours is BHP, he's using Racing soft tires while you have Sports soft equipped.
Haha... Do I need to change them on all four wheel hhahaa... My bad...
579.57 PP
174 BHP

Attachments

• 18105b6297753-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18105b6297753-screenshotUrl.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 20
After finishing the three new Menu books and feeling massively pissed from what appears to be advanced scripted bs, I decided to give our gf's Mini challenge another go - for the good vibes, you know. ;)
Since you all use NOS systems now achieving blistering lap times, I asked Dom Toretto "Hey Dom, what can I do ?"
and he said "RJ, join 'em !" And that's what I did.

Took me a couple of runs to get used to it. DS4 handling alone is difficult because usually I need all my ten fingers for just being smooth. :lol: Also fiddled with different setups before I returned to the one I had used originally. Even re mounted the little rear wing as I need that bit of extra stability.
I didn't save or even share a NOS replay so far because I just did not have such a good run yet. They were all clean but as well a bit ... let's call it clumsy. Of course here's the final after race board :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220528003200.jpg

Wanna see the new rear of my car ? Especially designed for Tsutsu Beauvois ?

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220528004355.jpg

:D

Last edited:
Wow @ROCKET JOE amazing time.

Somehow this thread brought me so much fun, and that is thanks to you and other that contributed with race times, tunes, printscreens, comments, replays...

I tried yesterday but could not come under 6:30. You guys have much more experience and skills. And then there were three new menu books, I liked Vision challenge the most. So I didn't had anything new to post. But you, with new race record, say that it was... Clumsy... Hahaha...

And "hasta la vista" 😁😁😁 that's hilarious. I love it.

I will try to improve and even if I can't come close to your times, I hope for my personal best.

My gf tried few times too, but with same result, we can't beat your times now. We need more practice to improve. Anyhow, here comes her mini, got some scratches in the front 😁
But she got first 😊

Attachments

• 1810738e92b60-screenshotUrl_edit_408408639479347.jpg
    1810738e92b60-screenshotUrl_edit_408408639479347.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 16
Wow @ROCKET JOE amazing time.

Somehow this thread brought me so much fun, and that is thanks to you and other that contributed with race times, tunes, printscreens, comments, replays...

I tried yesterday but could not come under 6:30. You guys have much more experience and skills. And then there were three new menu books, I liked Vision challenge the most. So I didn't had anything new to post. But you, with new race record, say that it was... Clumsy... Hahaha...

And "hasta la vista" 😁😁😁 that's hilarious. I love it.

I will try to improve and even if I can't come close to your times, I hope for my personal best.

My gf tried few times too, but with same result, we can't beat your times now. We need more practice to improve. Anyhow, here comes her mini, got some scratches in the front 😁
But she got first 😊
Ok, than livery is amazing! Who is the silhouette?

A little too sloppy. I tapped a car and got a wheel in the dirt a time or two. But, I'll put the video up anyway.
Oh dear.. I just checked replay... Wooow... Your fastest lap is 6:03:068...
That was lightning speed..
I am speechless... So that means that theoretically race time can be 6:09:xxx
Wow
Thank you very much... I will watch your replays guys, over and over again and practice...
You have great driving skills!!!

Here's another small improvement. The run has been quite ok, the replay is online right where the others are.
I don't think I can do much better than this, @Barareklam you're right though, sub 6:10 is absolutely possible -
my guess is the real Beauvois would finish at around 6:05.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220528225754.jpg

It's late at night here in Germany and before I go to bed, I wanna tell you guys that I really feel proud and honored being a part of this event.

:bowdown:

N80 N8, RJ

@Barareklam It would be great if the game allowed anyone to share their ghost. Hope the videos help there should be somethings there you can put to good use. Three different drivers all with different driving styles.
@ROCKET JOE Wow! 6:13's your putting down crazy fast laps!
I agree, it's been a fantastic event and I too am pleased to be a part of it.

Attachments

• 20220529_104822.jpg
    20220529_104822.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Great challenge. Best I could do was 6.32 with no nitrous. I'm never going to beat RJ's time, but then I never can.
If you fancy something similar but harder to win have go at the Tsukuba Clubman + in the Mini. It's sport tyres this time.
My best so far (with nitrous) is P4, 5s behind the winner. I think it's possible to win but it's not going to be easy.

Edit - Got the win at Tsukuba with a few more tries, but not my fastest time. Got lucky with the AI - the Yaris was the lead car after the initial mayhem.

Last edited:
Great challenge. Best I could do was 6.32 with no nitrous. I'm never going to beat RJ's time, but then I never can.
If you fancy something similar but harder to win have go at the Tsukuba Clubman + in the Mini. It's sport tyres this time.
My best so far (with nitrous) is P4, 5s behind the winner. I think it's possible to win but it's not going to be easy.
I'll definitely try the Tsukuba Clubman race - a new challenge is always welcome. I'm grinding on Tokyo atm :yuck: ( with a GT-R ) but as soon as I'm done there ... :cheers:

Hey @kilesa4568 ,

how 'bout you ? Racing a Mini ? On your favorite track ? ... :lol:

Last edited:
... I think it's possible to win but it's not going to be easy. ...
Do you expect everyone to have a contact free race ? :crazy: Or is it ok to trade paint ? :lol:

I've won the race already versus the RX-7. I can battle and beat the two quickest cars fair and cleanly, no problem ... my problem however is, the Mini is a bad starter. A lot of cars pass me before T1, so I find myself in the midst of all that mess and that is what makes it really difficult / impossible to have a clean win.

Do you have a special setup for a better launch ?

For the records :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220529165157.jpg

P.S.
Should we open a new thread for this ?

Last edited:
Do you expect everyone to have a contact free race ? :crazy: Or is it ok to trade paint ? :lol:

I've won the race already versus the RX-7. I can battle and beat the two quickest cars fair and cleanly, no problem ... my problem however is, the Mini is a bad starter. A lot of cars pass me before T1, so I find myself in the midst of all that mess and that is what makes it really difficult / impossible to have a clean win.

For the records :

View attachment 1155465

P.S.

We probably shouldn't hijack barareklam's thread. Maybe a new thread is best.
Wow 1:01.428! Nice fast lap Rocket Joe!
Grid start with the mini is tough. And me catching the Porsche powed VW is questionable.
5 attempts with nitrous and a 2nd place finish so far.

Attachments

• 20220529_123234.jpg
    20220529_123234.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

For the records :

View attachment 1155465

P.S.
Well I've not seen that grid before. There's a Beetle in there! And it's fast.
I know what you mean about the poor launch. You start in 5th place and you'll be lucky if you're in 10th by the first corner. I think some messing with the gears may be needed.
The ones to beat in my races were a 911 and a GT-R. Very hard to catch if they got away.
If you can get through the first two laps without any contact you're either in the lead or dead last.

As for starting a new thread. I don't want to hijack it but I'd leave it up to @Barareklam (or rather his gf) to decide. It's still Mini related.

Well I've not seen that grid before. There's a Beetle in there! And it's fast.
I know what you mean about the poor launch. You start in 5th place and you'll be lucky if you're in 10th by the first corner. I think some messing with the gears may be needed.
The ones to beat in my races were a 911 and a GT-R. Very hard to catch if they got away.
If you can get through the first two laps without any contact you're either in the lead or dead last.

As for starting a new thread. I don't want to hijack it but I'd leave it up to @Barareklam (or rather his gf) to decide. It's still Mini related.

It's OK if you guys continue on this thread. But in my opinion, I think you can reach to more people and make it popular like this thread, if you start a new one. I guess most of people that already saw this thread and are kinda done with it, will maybe not continue reading and seeing that here is a new challenge now.

A new challenge thread might get equally popular like this was.

This is by far the best topic at the moment!
It gives me a big smile that so many people are racing this car now and everbody is still going!

So just here to give you all some credits for this great topic!
(For me i'm in my exams for coming 5 weeks so less time for racing)

1653916205935.png

As the Mini was getting so much action I thought it was about time it had a livery so I imported this one that I made in GTS. It's based on Timo Makinen's 1965 Monte Carlo winner. I didn't notice that applying the livery removed the aero until I came a cropper going over the crest into the last downhill section at Alsace, where I had a huge tank-slapper and ended up in the barrier. It can still win though. Just needs a bit more care.

It's interesting the way torque-steer seems to be in the FFB model. I'd not noticed it in any other car but when the turbo kicks in you get quite a strong pull to the right accompanied by some understeer rumble. With a squirt of NOS it gets pretty violent.

View attachment 1155673

As the Mini was getting so much action I thought it was about time it had a livery so I imported this one that I made in GTS. It's based on Timo Makinen's 1965 Monte Carlo winner. I didn't notice that applying the livery removed the aero ...
A pretty little bugger. Did you try re mounting the aero parts ? Strange imo that the editor removes wings and spoilers when applying an old livery while leaving the wide body untouched.

A pretty little bugger. Did you try re mounting the aero parts ? Strange imo that the editor removes wings and spoilers when applying an old livery while leaving the wide body untouched.
Yes, I've put the aero back on now. Looks a little incongruous on what's meant to be a replica of a 1965 car. And I couldn't fit wide Minilites so it's got shiny wheels. I was actually suprised that the livery worked on a wide body at all.

I had something similar happen to mine. I honestly don’t remember what I did to fix it, but it may have been as simple as simply reinstalling the wing. I always go for the easy fix first and I don’t remember doing anything more complex than that.

It's OK if you guys continue on this thread. But in my opinion, I think you can reach to more people and make it popular like this thread, if you start a new one. I guess most of people that already saw this thread and are kinda done with it, will maybe not continue reading and seeing that here is a new challenge now.

A new challenge thread might get equally popular like this was.
I used to be part of an AI challenge series in GT6. People would regularly come up with new challenges and everyone posted their results. There were leaderboards and even (virtual) trophies and it ran to over 100 pages. I ended up running it for a while when the OP took a break. It was a lot of work. So be careful, you could end up owning the longest thread on the GT7 board. ;)

You hinted earlier that your girlfriend may have another challenge for us...

I got really tight tune for the car. It wags the dog a bit but Like it. Turns under Acceleration well. 6.13 is my fastest lap. Started running the car in schwarzwald league too. Finishing 6th without NOS

Back