Give props to PD they work hard and continue to support there game

  • Thread starter Thread starter patriotsfanx
  • 32 comments
  • 2,861 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
72
Messages
patriotsfanX
To me PD is one of the best companies they give free dlc including todays whioch is TWO years after game came out many stop supporting there game after half a year and always give us new content seasonal events:) Thanks for everything truly happy customer
 
+100. I totally agree. I never thought I'll see a racing game get this much support ever, even when they're working on the next title.

Thank you very much Kaz and PD, you guys rock. 👍 I have a feeling that GT6 is gonna be the BEST racing game of next gan consoles. With their support added, GT6 will be the best over every other console racing game imo. :)
 
I love the idea of this thread. I totally agree with you. BUT expect there to be someone to be a party pooper.

And to be honest, I don't think this thread is going to be taken seriously. It'll either get closed or it'll be "unpopular".
 
Whilst I'm not going to disagree with you in general that they have kept updating it the main reason other developers stop supporting a game is because they're readying a sequel which would be released by now by most developers. If GT6 were out now or very soon you can be sure they wouldn't still be supporting GT5. Or if there is a large gap in between games (like GTA IV to GTA V) they are supporting the game in a big way and releasing other games.

I mean sure you can't say they aren't supporting the game but they are quite unique in how they work and deliver full games.
 
Whilst I'm not going to disagree with you in general that they have kept updating it the main reason other developers stop supporting a game is because they're readying a sequel which would be released by now by most developers. If GT6 were out now or very soon you can be sure they wouldn't still be supporting GT5. Or if there is a large gap in between games (like GTA IV to GTA V) they are supporting the game in a big way and releasing other games.

I mean sure you can't say they aren't supporting the game but they are quite unique in how they work and deliver full games.
Well, I thought that was a given. Pretty sure someone involved with PD hinted about that or straight up let us know that they'll stop supporting GT5 when the next iteration is nearing its release.

I'll look for the source. It was probably Kaz who said that.

Edit -
Polyphony Digital Focusing Development on Gran Turismo 6
https://www.gtplanet.net/polyphony-digital-focusing-development-on-gran-turismo-6/

In some ways, we both have the right idea.
 
I believe most of the updates are honing the game engine for GT6. This latest DLC excluded, it was probably paid for by GM.

I know you don’t agree SimonK, but I think we are getting GT6 spoon fed to us. We are the beta testers.

I think GT6 will drop in time for Christmas next year for the PS3. It will have a better user interface. It will either have many more premium cars or maybe no standard/premiums at all – just cars. Plus, enough new tracks to make you hat fall off!

But overall I don’t mind the bits of GT6 we are getting, I find them to be rather tasty.
 
The only reason it's still being supported is because it wasn't a full game when it was released. The game is still an unfinished, disjointed mess overall so the updates are just fixes mixed in with a few DLC.

It's not because PD loves you and cares deeply about you lol. They need to keep the game relevant and a buzz about there franchise game going. I can't understand the swooning over PD's pathetic handling of GT5 at all. It still isn't close to a polished, finished game or close to what PD initially promised.

The basics of the game were good though and it was a good bit of fun in between the mountain of annoyances, glitches and questionable programming etc. GT6 will show whether PD learned anything from the errors they made with GT5. if they can build on the excellent parts of GT5 while modernizing the stale bits I think GT6 will be very good.
 
It shows they've been working hard all these years and I appreciate it, but after 6 years lots of aspects were incomplete. Something must have happened at the office, like sony not providing enough funding to have more car modellers.

After all these free updates the game is much better. 2 years of free support is something very rare on consoles, so PD knows they are a bit ashamed of GT5.

But that's GT5. For GT6 I'm going to be objective and choose the best between that one (on the ps4) and forza5 (720). Fanboyism has a limit.
 
The only reason it's still being supported is because it wasn't a full game when it was released. The game is still an unfinished, disjointed mess overall so the updates are just fixes mixed in with a few DLC.

It's not because PD loves you and cares deeply about you lol. They need to keep the game relevant and a buzz about there franchise game going. I can't understand the swooning over PD's pathetic handling of GT5 at all. It still isn't close to a polished, finished game or close to what PD initially promised.

The basics of the game were good though and it was a good bit of fun in between the mountain of annoyances, glitches and questionable programming etc. GT6 will show whether PD learned anything from the errors they made with GT5. if they can build on the excellent parts of GT5 while modernizing the stale bits I think GT6 will be very good.

This 👍

I completely agree. PD needs to show us that they learned from their mistakes on GT6... I they learned anything, of course.
 
Every update for GT5 make me smile and hope for improvements... even if sometimes its only bugfixes, its happy to know that they still care and support the game.

Thanks PD team!
 
Whilst I'm not going to disagree with you in general that they have kept updating it the main reason other developers stop supporting a game is because they're readying a sequel which would be released by now by most developers. If GT6 were out now or very soon you can be sure they wouldn't still be supporting GT5. Or if there is a large gap in between games (like GTA IV to GTA V) they are supporting the game in a big way and releasing other games.

I mean sure you can't say they aren't supporting the game but they are quite unique in how they work and deliver full games.

Brother.. it must not be possible for you to enter a thread without being negative.👎

The topic here is about letting PD know that the work they do is appreciated by the fanbase.

Anyways. I agree with the OP.. Bravo to PD for the continued effort in a two year old title with things such as the '14 Vette.
 
Brother.. it must not be possible for you to enter a thread without being negative.👎

The topic here is about letting PD know that the work they do is appreciated by the fanbase.

Anyways. I agree with the OP.. Bravo to PD for the continued effort in a two year old title with things such as the '14 Vette.

Its a discussion and unless the post in question is breaking the AUP (and it isn't) then please refrain from stating what you think people should and should not be able to post. That decision rests with the staff, even if you feel a post does break the AUP you should be using the report button and not publicly telling people what to do.
 
Snakebitten took the words out of my mouth.

I think its funny people think PD is updating the game out of the goodness of their heart. And OP, GT5 isn't the only racing game that gives free DLC. FM4 gives the new Viper for free. And there's a free car in every DLC pack. PD hasn't done anything exceptionally generous there.
 
Last edited:
MuoNiuLa
Snakebitten took the words out of my mouth.

I think its funny people think PD is updating the game out of the goodness of their heart. And OP, GT5 isn't the only racing game that gives free DLC. FM4 gives the new Viper for free. And there's a free car in every DLC pack. PD hasn't done anything exceptionally generous there.

Well they have..... Maybe not the car you were wanting but they have.
 
Really doubt there's some emotional motive for improving their product. Nor do I have any interest in PD's public relations. But as a user I'm pleased with the continued improvements to physics. 2.09 was a nice surprise and the C7 a pretty cool PR move. It's be pretty hard to complain about either of those additions.
 
ncrthree
Really doubt there's some emotional motive for improving their product. Nor do I have any interest in PD's public relations. But as a user I'm pleased with the continued improvements to physics. 2.09 was a nice surprise and the C7 a pretty cool PR move. It's be pretty hard to complain about either of those additions.

Totally agree. Like i said before I have been waiting for that big change since it came out
 
Well they have..... Maybe not the car you were wanting but they have.

Yes they have, his point was that it's not something that only they are doing, FM also gives free cars, more in fact.
 
The topic here is about letting PD know that the work they do is appreciated by the fanbase.

Isn't that made apparent when you purchase the game initially?

I find it odd that this kind of thread is made in response to one free DLC car - Is that really all it takes to get you guys excited?

To me, GT5 needs many things. A car covered in cloth and camo isn't one of them. I know, "but it was FREE!". That's all well and good except for the fact that Polyphony have horrible time management and the last thing they should be doing is coding cars that sole purpose is to advertise/generate hype.
 
Support, in the way of updates, is a two edged sword. Some things end up getting fixed, while others end up getting broken! Before each update, I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. However, I think more things have been fixed than broke though, so it's all good.


:D
 
@VBR ^^^^ 👍


Snakebitten took the words out of my mouth.

I think its funny people think PD is updating the game out of the goodness of their heart. And OP, GT5 isn't the only racing game that gives free DLC. FM4 gives the new Viper for free. And there's a free car in every DLC pack. PD hasn't done anything exceptionally generous there.
You said, let's see how long they do the updates one year ago (guesstimate). You people keep pulling more tricks out of your asses to make yourself feel better. Some people think that Spec 2 was all show and no go. WHAT IN THE HELL? And that's around the time when you people said that PD would stop supporting GT5 soon, because why do they care?

This is so wrong on so many levels. Can't believe you guys get a pass for being like you are.

Isn't that made apparent when you purchase the game initially?

I find it odd that this kind of thread is made in response to one free DLC car - Is that really all it takes to get you guys excited?


To me, GT5 needs many things. A car covered in cloth and camo isn't one of them. I know, "but it was FREE!". That's all well and good except for the fact that Polyphony have horrible time management and the last thing they should be doing is coding cars that sole purpose is to advertise/generate hype.
It's that simple, isn't it? No, it is not. Read what I said above and see if you can correlate ANYTHING.
 
Can't believe day in day out you get wound up because people are saying bad things about Kaz and PD.
 
Oh brother. Like I know I complained the hell out of GT5 before, but I got over it after the new update. At least PD isn't adding cars from their PREVIOUS game which isn't possible because they're all standard, and I know for the very fact that would piss everyone off...

Just thank PD just for once, it's not hard. I mean I'm dying to see if they learned their mistakes for GT6 too, but just thank them for at least continuing to keep GT5 up to date...
 
@VBR ^^^^ 👍



You said, let's see how long they do the updates one year ago (guesstimate). You people keep pulling more tricks out of your asses to make yourself feel better. Some people think that Spec 2 was all show and no go. WHAT IN THE HELL? And that's around the time when you people said that PD would stop supporting GT5 soon, because why do they care?

This is so wrong on so many levels. Can't believe you guys get a pass for being like you are.


It's that simple, isn't it? No, it is not. Read what I said above and see if you can correlate ANYTHING.

hemad-jpg.4310


That's what I think of your post. I honestly can't take you seriously right now. Even with all the unwarranted Forza bashing I see on here, I don't respond the way you do. Chill out.

Also, why are you getting on me and not the person I agreed with as well?
 
Last edited:
^ I have to admit. That picture made me laugh. :lol:

But aww man, theres already an agurement in this thread even when thanking PD. You guys are just somethin else... I gotta go and finish my picture. >_>
 
Constantly updating and patching a game long after release.
Didn't release DLC on launch that was already on the disc, the DLC was finished/developed and released long after the launch, many companies (codemasters I'm looking at you) think it is fine to launch games incomplete with DLC required to use all the content on launch, which I think is disgusting.
Free DLC being made available after launch (happened again this week).


Considering most game devs give up on their games shortly after launch, PD is right up there at the top in my books. The only other game company that comes to mind that continues to support games in such a way is Blizzard.
 
^ +1000. Couldn't agreed more with you. I mean it really amazes me how far GT5 has come with all these updates/patches, it's just amazing. I would love to have the final update being the spec 3.0 to finally give GT5 a happy ending of its life, than PD fully focusing on GT6.

I just can't see other racing games getting this much updates whatsoever. Even a spin off series that's made by another dev company, that said dev should at least keep focus on their current game and making the next instead of ignoring and skipping it, since that said spin off game isn't made by them, period.

PD is also on my top list for being one of the most updated/patched up racing game devs ever. :)

Edit: I hope GT6 could also have a similar care and treatment like GT5 has. 👍
 
There is so many butthurt people I always tell people Gamestop will be have a Xbox sale soon, look into Forza if you disagree with anything Kaz or PD say and do. It really upsets me when people down this game. 5 to 6 years it took them even with sony almost cutting funding for them, cut Kaz and PD some slack people
 
sonicfreak92
There is so many butthurt people I always tell people Gamestop will be have a Xbox sale soon, look into Forza if you disagree with anything Kaz or PD say and do. It really upsets me when people down this game. 5 to 6 years it took them even with sony almost cutting funding for them, cut Kaz and PD some slack people

Already playing Forza, but that doesn't change my opinion. I won't cut PD slack as long as I give up my hard-earned money that could easily be spent on a million other things for their games. But never mind. God forbid I criticize GT5 after paying for it, and for the collector's edition no less.
 
Already playing Forza, but that doesn't change my opinion. I won't cut PD slack as long as I give up my hard-earned money for their games that could easily be spent on a million other things. But never mind. God forbid I criticize GT5 after paying for it, and for the collector's edition no less.

I do applaud your honesty though at least some idiots I have met say this game sucks yet still play it.
 
hemad-jpg.4310


That's what I think of your post. I honestly can't take you seriously right now. Even with all the unwarranted Forza bashing I see on here, I don't respond the way you do. Chill out.

Also, why are you getting on me and not the person I agreed with as well?
So I'm right. I show SOME anger and you have crap to say. And you're saying you're not going to take me seriously?

Constantly updating and patching a game long after release.
Didn't release DLC on launch that was already on the disc, the DLC was finished/developed and released long after the launch, many companies (codemasters I'm looking at you) think it is fine to launch games incomplete with DLC required to use all the content on launch, which I think is disgusting.
Free DLC being made available after launch (happened again this week).


Considering most game devs give up on their games shortly after launch, PD is right up there at the top in my books. The only other game company that comes to mind that continues to support games in such a way is Blizzard.
👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back