Glitch/Bug photos

United States
Port Washington
GTP_skeeter23
Maybe it's because I wasn't around for the day 1 GT5 bugs or I just expected more from GT6 but I had to start this thread after the things I've seen in this last photoshoot.

From broken panning, to missing graphics, floating cars and square sun I dont think there will be any shortage of images to be captured for this thread.

Who knows, maybe by some miracle PD will look in here and get some ideas about things to fix.

I have quite a few to post when I get to my pc tomorrow. In the meantime why don't some of you get started and post up some of the strange and broken things you've seen.

And for my 1,000th GTP post :gtpflag: I have finally gotten around to digging up some of the pics I talked about in the OP...

There seems to be quite a panning problem around the start/finish line on Daytona or PD gave us some massive spinners on the wheels. Not sure yet if this happens on the daytime track as well or not...

Daytona-International-Speedway_9.jpg
Daytona-International-Speedway_23.jpg

As you can see from the exif data these should have had quite a bit of motion. What's more, they were also set to the #1 setting for panning so they should be so blurred it would be hard to look at them. Here is an example from another angle that DID work correctly...
Daytona-International-Speedway_6.jpg

This image has several problems. First the same panning problem but now the shadow has also become so black it blocks all the graphics on the side of the car...
Daytona-International-Speedway_22.jpg

Also this had the exposure turned up all the way (+5 I think) and still no appreciable difference as I had hoped with the new lighting engine.

Square sun. In fact ALL the lights have a square pattern on this track (yes I know some of them are square in shape but the flare should still be round).
Daytona-International-Speedway_16.jpg

I haven't seen this on any other track yet. Example from Ascari below...
Ascari-Full-Track_12.jpg

And then the issue of floating wheels and at time whole cars. Here my Charger looks like a dog who doesn't want to put it's paw down...
Circuito-de-Madrid_2.jpg

And of course, just for good measure, who could forget the stage 100,000 brakes on the AI cars? :lol:
Cote-dAzur.jpg

Surely I can't be the only one here who has captured oddities and bugs. I've also seen the "return of the jaggies" in some smoke images (I'll try to dig through and find those later).

I was taking a shot at Matterhorn and the sun was square as well. My wife even laughed when I took the initial shot and it came out square.

There seems to be quite a panning problem around the start/finish line on Daytona or PD gave us some massive spinners on the wheels. Not sure yet if this happens on the daytime track as well or not...
It appears that you fast forwarded to that point and took the picture without unpausing. That caused the glitch you're talking about on GT5, I'd assume it didn't get patched for GT6. It happened at every sector mark of every track if you fast-forwarded or rewound to it.

It appears that you fast forwarded to that point and took the picture without unpausing. That caused the glitch you're talking about on GT5, I'd assume it didn't get patched for GT6. It happened at every sector mark of every track if you fast-forwarded or rewound to it.
Nope, this was a live pause in the replay.

My experience isn't quite as creepy or blatant as some of these... and it's not so much a buggy photo as it is a buggy replay causing something to be seen or unseen, depending.

But, I was in an online race, the 3rd of 3 cars following closely on Silverstone. I was distracted when the 1st of the 3 cars hit a cylindrical rubber pylon that went FLYING way way up in the air in what just seemed like a very dramatic trajectory considering how it'd been hit. I was so busy watching the pylon go flying that I hit the car in front of me. :guilty: After the race I apologized and mentioned the pylon that went flying & got distracted. Of the 3 of us, including the guy who hit it, and there were other people out behind a little further, NOBODY else saw the flying pylon. :boggled:

When watching the replay, I found it, and took photomodes of it... but it gets weirder (cont. below)...

2013-12-17-plymouthghia00.jpg

2013-12-17-plymouthghia04.jpg

I reloaded the replay after having quit it, to watch it again, and maybe get another photo... But guess what... it was NOT there!! In fact, I paused & looked around where the pylon was... and it was never hit, it was like the blue car never came anywhere near it. :boggled:

Then, I remembered that the FIRST time I watched the replay, I was watching from HOOD view, not 3rd person view. I watched from HOOD view because that was the only way for me to remember where I saw it on the track in the race (I'm still not familiar with Silverstone).

When watching the replay in hood view, I again saw the flying pylon.
But it NEVER showed when I was in 3rd person view - NOT EVEN IN THE PAUSE walk-around mode. :boggled:

Wow yeah Daytona square sun - :(

Thing is, it seems more prominent an issue from some angles, and not so much in others...

Not too square here:

Makeshiftshuffle1.jpg

very square here:

Makeshiftshuffle3.jpg

Quite annoying since the Nurb24hr track sun is LOVELY when racing. I actually almost drove off the road the first online race I did there at sunrise I was so impressed with the improvement. :lol:

But even there, in the photomode, it's a square halo:

makeshiftshufflenurb24hr2.jpg

On a brighter note, the constellation Orion looks good on the moon. And the Bathurst track night sky is just like I've seen in photographs of southern hemisphere sky.
And I didn't see any squareness around the sun in the lunar photomodes:

Lunar-Mission-I_4.jpg

Looks pretty round.

No atmosphere to simulate? :lol: Just twinkle seen from the moon, no halos.

Anyone else noticed this? I think the "remove wing" option, adds a wing to your shadow lol
Have to see if it happens in other cars.

11457418445_ff44b85042_b.jpg

I have a dewinged GT-R... in a replay, when the Low-res model is activated because of the big distance between the car and the viewing person, there is a big wing on the car... it seems that all wing options use the same low result model...

Wow yeah Daytona square sun - :(

Thing is, it seems more prominent an issue from some angles, and not so much in others...

Not too square here:

Quite annoying since the Nurb24hr track sun is LOVELY when racing. I actually almost drove off the road the first online race I did there at sunrise I was so impressed with the improvement. :lol:

But even there, in the photomode, it's a square halo:

makeshiftshufflenurb24hr2.jpg

On a brighter note, the constellation Orion looks good on the moon. And the Bathurst track night sky is just like I've seen in photographs of southern hemisphere sky.
And I didn't see any squareness around the sun in the lunar photomodes:

Lunar-Mission-I_4.jpg

Looks pretty round.

No atmosphere to simulate? :lol: Just twinkle seen from the moon, no halos.
An interesting thing. i just saw your pic of the sun on the GP course, and i realised i just took a pic in that same area. the wierd thing is, the beautiful sun is there, but... there is also a regular sun!
Nürburgring GP_F_1.jpg

So i guess this only happens to me? And by the way, this isnt what the sun looked like, i just lowered the brightness so that you could see both clearly. THIS is what it actually looked like!
Nürburgring GP_F_5.jpg

Ha! Wow that's interesting.
2 suns! Nurburgring is on a planet in a binary system. :lol:

But in the race, right, everything looks normal, and even fantastic?
It's just in the photomodes this happens. And I guess only from certain angles.

Uh, and here I was, thinking I was the only one getting/seeing some strange effects.....:rolleyes: :lol:
I must say, the square sun and the spoiler shadow I have yet to notice, but they both look hella funny. :lol:
My "floating" car was at a photo shoot.
I just thought the suspension was set overly stiff.....guess not. :rolleyes:
Strange though, it wasn't noticeable whilst taking the photo, but when the image appeared ready to save.....
SyracuseNight_2-vi.jpg

And, to me...the wheels/tyres in the distance (far side) aren't that detailed either...
I know they are in the shadows, but at least PD could make them look round. :( :rolleyes:

Uh, and here I was, thinking I was the only one getting/seeing some strange effects.....:rolleyes: :lol:
I must say, the square sun and the spoiler shadow I have yet to notice, but they both look hella funny. :lol:
My "floating" car was at a photo shoot.
I just thought the suspension was set overly stiff.....guess not. :rolleyes:
Strange though, it wasn't noticeable whilst taking the photo, but when the image appeared ready to save.....
SyracuseNight_2-vi.jpg

And, to me...the wheels/tyres in the distance (far side) aren't that detailed either...
I know they are in the shadows, but at least PD could make them look round. :( :rolleyes:
It looks like the tire has been cut off at the bottom...

It looks like the tire has been cut off at the bottom...
Indeed, yes they have. :(
I know people say we really should not be critiquing PD, but really.....this is an improvement?
Nah, I didn't think so either. :indiff:

Also just ran a night race @ the 'Ring.
Um....the AI cars do NOT display a light beam. :confused: Could explain their erratic driving. :lol:
It's like, their lights are on, but no one is home.....if you know what I mean.
Will post a couple of pics in the coming days.

Edit:
Ok, so the pics are not the best being night driving, but you can clearly see the AI lights, or lack of...
Mine, in my Pozzi Camaro
Nrburgring24h_4-vi.jpg

From above my car
Nrburgring24h_3-vi.jpg

The guy (AI) behind me....
Nrburgring24h_2-vi.jpg

And from above him, you can see me in front....
Nrburgring24h-vi.jpg

Kinda weird is all I'm thinking, or another short cut by PD. :confused: :irked:

Last edited:
Ha! Wow that's interesting.
2 suns! Nurburgring is on a planet in a binary system. :lol:

But in the race, right, everything looks normal, and even fantastic?
It's just in the photomodes this happens. And I guess only from certain angles.
Actually no. i could see both clearly during the race. but i think it was a one off glitch. i tried it again and it went back to normal so yeah!

The square halo effect is on car lights too, well, some of them at least and seems more prevalent when looking directly at it.
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit Night 8.jpg

Toning down the brightness can save a pic from looking too silly. I saved this one though in its unadulterated form for such a thread as this.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Rain.jpg

An example of toning it down.

Back