Glitch/Bug photos

That was my car, not AI! PD said they were going to be pushing the limits of the PS3 memory and have not quite done so...
Thanks for clearing that up, though since you've mentioned that, I remember having that same problem with my car in replay mode. For some reason, my console (super slim 250 GB model) stayed stuck on a black screen after exiting replay mode.

It's just LOD kicking in when lots of stuff is going on, they scale back the quality of interiors to accomodate the framerate and other effects, it's not really a surprise, and not a glitch or a bug.

It's just LOD kicking in when lots of stuff is going on, they scale back the quality of interiors to accomodate the framerate and other effects, it's not really a surprise, and not a glitch or a bug.
I doubt the PS3 could render full quality graphics for all of the cars' interiors in a race.

Last edited:
Some draw distance glitches. Not sure if they qualify as glitches or just system limitations, but...

Matterhorn%20Rotenboden_1_zpsbkimzbuu.jpg

...it's a shame, since Matterhorn is one of my favourite places to shoot.

Also, this has been a recurring glitch for me, although rare and random. Anyone else gets errors like this when they shoot, or is it just my PS3 being screwy?

Matterhorn%20Rotenboden_4_zpswcnyt3l1.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I feel this is a separate matter that deserves its own post.

So I was driving my (almost) stock FD round Eiger, when suddenly...

Eiger%20Nordwand%20Short%20Track_12_zpsciachdf0.jpg

...I noticed that my brakes (?) are on fire?!

Eiger%20Nordwand%20Short%20Track_14_zpsytgtbpo0.jpg

I wasn't even on the brakes at that moment!

Eiger%20Nordwand%20Short%20Track_15_zpsmwsvfps2.jpg

Upon closer inspection, it's not my brakes, but the internals of my wheels giving off that odd orange glow that brakes in the game are known to glow in. Not the FD's, though, since it's way too light (and slow) to really make its brakes glow without tuning.

Eiger%20Nordwand%20Short%20Track_16_zpsb2d2fd6o.jpg

I tried replicating this glitch in a brand new FD in Vintage Red, and the same thing happened.

Eiger%20Nordwand%20Short%20Track_19_zpsxaiskc6j.jpg

Apparently, it's a glitch that affects specifically the stock wheels of the ɛ̃fini RX-7 Type R '91 (the premium one). I tried replacing the stock wheels and driving under the same conditions with the Mazda RX-7 Type R (J) '91, and I couldn't replicate this glow.

Some technicalities:

I had ~203km on that Competition Yellow Mica FD at the time of the glitch. The Vintage Red one had 0.
Both FDs were entirely stock aside from being fitted with a Fully Customisable Suspension, with settings identical to stock (except without the stupid 0.6 rear toe angle).
Track conditions were 0 weather, 0 water, real grip loss.

Back