GO TO: The BETA GTP CHAT

Alls I seem to be getting is a greenish typr screen with a blank space with a cross in the corner and some adds at the bottom of the page.

Alls I seem to be getting is a greenish typr screen with a blank space with a cross in the corner and some adds at the bottom of the page.

I believe that means you don't have Java or the current version of Java on your computer to support the chat.

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Download it and install it and you should be good to go after that.

Chad

Yeah, I dunno what the problem is. I would try turning off your PC first. Then try to connect. If not, you may have to use mIRC to connect to it. Its a better way to chat anyways. Let me know and we can meet up in the old chat so I can walk you through mIRC.

if i need to install anything, i can't. Long story short can't get on the admin account thanks to my stepdad forgetting the password.

I take it you are now able to connect to the Chat room? I saw you in there last night.

Please anyone inform me of any problems with the chat room.

I think I am getting some frusteration about disconnects. The IRC disconnects my connection sometimes. If it becomes a large enough problem we will move, once again to another server until we find the right home.

I actually like the chat idea, it makes it a lot easier to join with other GTP players. Pot luck is hard sometimes. Plus being able to talk about a race afterwords isn't bad.

if i need to install anything, i can't. Long story short can't get on the admin account thanks to my stepdad forgetting the password.

Hi Dragon,

If you're using XP Pro English i can help you recover the admin passwd.

chrs

Anyone going to be out there this evening / tonight? (Sat. June 7th.) It looks like I've finally got a nice block of time-off and was thinking of joining in the 500pp and 600pp races and finally trying out the chat system.

Please keep in mind that I haven't had much practice at the 500pp and 600pp races, and will almost certainly be using the 6-speed gated shifter and clutch. So if I'm suddenly driving like Joe_Moron please forgive!

I'll probably login around 6:30 EST.

I've been using a new convention when in the chatroom to indicate when I'm busy in the game (and not attentive at the keyboard): I put my current activity after my nickname.

eg:
Vaxen <-- at the keyboard
Vaxen_fuji600 <-- current racing at fuji 600pp online
Vaxen_TT <-- doing time trials

This should make it easier to find me if I'm on the chat, but not responding.

Anyone going to be out there this evening / tonight? (Sat. June 7th.) It looks like I've finally got a nice block of time-off and was thinking of joining in the 500pp and 600pp races and finally trying out the chat system.

Please keep in mind that I haven't had much practice at the 500pp and 600pp races, and will almost certainly be using the 6-speed gated shifter and clutch. So if I'm suddenly driving like Joe_Moron please forgive!

I'll probably login around 6:30 EST.

Panjandrum, I will make it apoint for me to be there.. You are on.. I have my wheel now and you are going down..

Look forward to seeing you. Later Mate.

Had a great night out there. Sorry for being totally lame at Fuji. I guess I'll have to learn to enjoy that track. I don't like Suzuka either.

I'm glad I took the time to try out the 500pp and 600pp races a little more. They are indeed much more fun that I thought they would be, and there are at least fewer punters, though we did encounter some.

I spent the night practicing with the 6-Speed gated shifter and clutch as planned, and it went pretty well. Lap times are still down compared to using the flappy-paddles, AND there were quite a few "oopses" when, for example, I would go for a gear and get neutral instead (leading to lots of interesting off-roading in many cases :-) BUT, I have to say that driving with the clutch and gated shifter is a hell of a lot of fun.

CWR, it was great racing with you again for a while. Don't sweat the punters so much though. I've gotten to the point where I almost treat them as a challenge. They punt me, I come back cleanly and still beat them in a lot of cases. I still get pretty frustrated on occasion, but less than I used to.

I just got in the chat room fine through the web browser. I dunno what your problem is. Perhaps you need to restart your computer.

I hope it works for you.

I'm actually having trouble connecting with mIRC.

When I try to get into the server, it won't let me, mentioning something about a DNS pool every now and then.

This sounds pretty cool! I'll try it tonight... see how many people are online!! LOL... also nice in case I have to apologize for a dumb mistake :P

Back