GO TO: The BETA GTP CHAT

I have just read a post from Sutil_MadMax that has said him and his other team mates use skype to co-ordinate between them.

I have use skype to connect with other family in america and havent really thought / seen a thread that had suggested using this for voice chat (also does video). Now with these quicker races, (10 minute slots) it may be easier to have voice chat instead of text?

Let me know what you think and ill could look into setting one up.

Voice chat ´sounds´ cool.

I get this error in the Chat...

Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.enterthegame.com resolve)
Error : Not connected

:(

Unable to connect : java.security.AccessControlException : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.enterthegame.com resolve)

just wait about 60 secs, it'll load

b

Try installing a current version of JAVA on your computer.

Chad

I've been in the chat a few times now, using XChat as an Irc client application. Through the chat I'm actually enjoying the online races a lot more than before. :)

@CWR> Are there any plug-ins running? You know, things like for when I'd like to order a drink (e.g. type "!wine", auto-reply "Bartender: Red or white?") or slap someone for punting me ("!slap GTP_whoever", auto-reply "Denur slaps GTP_whoever across the face") and ofcourse a !Kiss option to make up again. :sly:

Why we do not see PRO races with SLOW cars? I would LOVE to have a race between a Focus and Integra, etc.. I would love to see those tiny Suzuki cars in action on PRO physics online.
By the way, you guys use chat? hmm cool, If I do, can I use bad language? We are all adults here ;)

I've been in the chat a few times now, using XChat as an Irc client application. Through the chat I'm actually enjoying the online races a lot more than before. :)

@CWR> Are there any plug-ins running? You know, things like for when I'd like to order a drink (e.g. type "!wine", auto-reply "Bartender: Red or white?") or slap someone for punting me ("!slap GTP_whoever", auto-reply "Denur slaps GTP_whoever across the face") and ofcourse a !Kiss option to make up again. :sly:

Unfortunately no, there are no mod installed on the chat. I wish I did have more control over that. The only option would be to get some web hosting, and run a chat program. I can't afford to do this. I have hoped that GTPlanet would consider picking up the chat full time.

Umbra> Obsene language is not condemed, however it is not encouraged. :)

I've vowed to not to play GT5P anymore.

I am not in at home anymore, I am at school, so the internet servers are different, it won't let me log in to the chat server for that reason.

See you guys

Hi there im new to all of this stuff but it seems a good idea do you still go on gt5 cause i dont think iv seen any of you on there apart from bb-andy

All of you guys should download an IRC -application like mIRC and join the chat at #gtp_online @ irc.enterthegame.com. Doesn't take much effort or time.👍

I think we should also consider quakenet as the server because as far is I know it's more popular. ;)

chat will NOT load for me - been trying all day . . .

usually works like a charm . . .

Edit: the chat seems to have fixed itself (if anything was wrong w/ it to begin w/ that is). . .

@ Ham - I like the chat; I have no clue as to why people who visit this sub forum(GT5:P, Race Events) wouldn't use it if they had the chance/time. *shrugs* Ah, well, still met some GTPers just racing w/out the chat anyway.

Chat Rules =3

Last edited:
Anybody using Skype, Ventrilo or Team Speak?

I'm using Skype to talk with another GTP friend and it's amazing while racing on Suzuka 750 PP 5 laps. I was thinking to change to Ventrilo since it's "push to talk" able, but we would need a server and my PC is not on 24 hours to install the server on it, so I'm still on Skype.

Anybody using Skype, Ventrilo or Team Speak?

I'm using Skype to talk with another GTP friend and it's amazing while racing on Suzuka 750 PP 5 laps. I was thinking to change to Ventrilo since it's "push to talk" able, but we would need a server and my PC is not on 24 hours to install the server on it, so I'm still on Skype.

Hamilton/Mine's volunteered his vent server some time ago, but it doesn't see much use:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106514

Bad news, my wheel is still broke, so I won't be any good.

Bad news, I cant log into the chat so its pointless to try to race.

Hey Chad! You HAVE to find a way to get back to the chat and race!!! My Ps3 is finally on his way back to my house from the repair shop. I really hope you were there to race against, just like old (well not so old) times. It's not fair, sad news :(

I'm still with my DUAL SHOCK 3, so no problem you won't be alone. After 10 years of using the pad I've finally ordered my first wheel, the G25, let's see (when it arrives... still a few days left) how I'll do with it.

Between... talking about the chat I should say that the use of PC soft. for those who have the option of PC near to the Playstation 3... is a must (you'll enjoy it), since the Playstation 3 chat is imposible while playing GT5P and even with the possibility it would be bad, because the chat through Bluetooth on the XMB is horrible sometimes (GTP_BJM and me has been a few weeks testing it but it's poor). I'm using Ventrilo too now (& Skype, I'm still using both). I know a bit of english when reading/typing because of the basic school one + the one that internet have teach me through the forums, but when it's about talking... it's an unknown world for me. I gave it a try, I was talking with L_Hamilton and was quite fine, so I suggest you all those who are on the same situation than me (not many people I guess :dopey:): c'mon there, give the chat a try 👍

Last edited:
great i cant vait new update:-)

is it gonna be in new update :scared:

Last edited by a moderator:

I chatted with some admins on ETG and they said you should be able to do the chat from where you are now. They suggested you go to www.enterthegame.com and choose the "Chat with Admin" button in the lower left corner. They said they can help get you back into the chat.

Also, I think we should all contribute $1 to a X-Mas fund for Chad so we can buy him a new wheel. He's done a lot for the forum folks here and I sure do miss seeing him race especially since I'm almost as fast as he used to be. :)

Thanks great man. Thanks a bunch..the problem is I can't even log into the chat, my schools network doesn't allow me too.

Maybe the new update will fix my wheel problems. lol

EDIT
Just talked to the admin, and he has a few things we can try, but it doesn't look bleak..

Last edited:
Back