gogatrs' Beginner Racing School

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 76 comments
  • 6,684 views
Messages
7,424
United States
I Hate Stalkers
Messages
gogatrs
Hi, I am hoping to start a racing school to teach beginner/average drivers proper karting and racing techniques used IRL.

No I don't have any credentials, I placed 8XXth in GT Academy (Adequate out of 55,000 people) but IRL, I'm one of the best indoor karters out there. I've already begun closing in on lap records at my home out door track.

I can help you with general racing techniques, but specialize in karting.

I ask for nothing in return except for you to enjoy yourself and to spark an interest in karting/online racing.

If worst comes the worst, I can call in back up from some of my professional racing buddies (countless real life props).

You don't need a mic, or anything like that. Just the will to race.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Happy racing!
 
Last edited:
I'm very interested in karting online but surprisingly there are almost no karting rooms online and there aren't any karting series ongoing in gtplanet's GT5 online racing section too. If you're planning to start one, count me in.
 
Surely with all the noobs and bad drivers on the GT5 servers there is at least one person who would do this. :)
 
GTP'ers are all pros.
 
Niandra
GTP'ers are all pros.

I know. :)
But there are a couple new members out there...
 
I was joking btw.. lol. This is a good idea nonetheless.
 
Gonna bump this thread...
Just because I just saw someone asking for advice. :)
 
What is your PSN? I would like to kart against you.
 
gtsmashbros
What is your PSN? I would like to kart against you.

As in you don't think I'm good, or you want to have a good time, go out and have some fun?
 
I definitely need something like this and would definitely put my best foot forward 👍. Sign me up for this! Shall I add you on PSN? When are the classes teacher? :sly:.
 
Whenever were both online.
I'm not usually online on weekdays, I'll PM you on the weekend.
Would Saturday evening work?
 
gogatrs
Whenever were both online.
I'm not usually online on weekdays, I'll PM you on the weekend.
Would Saturday evening work?

Sure. That works just fine for me. What timezone are you?
 
Nice thing ur doing here but im retired from the gt series until it has the things i want in a racing game
 
CarBastard
Sure. That works just fine for me. What timezone are you?

I'm EST, so it's about 9:10 PM where I am now.
 
Im very interested in this idea ^^
But Uni finals are comming up.. are you planning to do this for a long time?
Im in at around the end of April
Karting in GT5's a lot of fun! Shame there isnt more events or online rooms.. ><
 
I'll do this as long as I have time for it.
But if it gets too crowded, ill have to start charging people like one paint chip per hour.
We can also do multiple people at once.
So if you want in, just post here and make it clear what times you can and can't do, and what time zone you're in.
 
You should have pre requisites.

Like complete the B license tests with silver to get serious students.
 
sumbrownkid
You should have pre requisites.

Like complete the B license tests with silver to get serious students.

Excellent thought and I see where you're coming from, but the point is to get the people that can't do that to be able to do that if you get what I'm saying.
 
What about 20 golds or something along those lines.
Ps i would like to join your racing school too.
 
Excellent thought and I see where you're coming from, but the point is to get the people that can't do that to be able to do that if you get what I'm saying.

I see what your saying.

But if people can't do the B-Licenses, then karting is really out of their reach.

Even I had trouble with karts and I dominated the license tests more or less.
 
I'm very interested in karting online but surprisingly there are almost no karting rooms online and there aren't any karting series ongoing in gtplanet's GT5 online racing section too. If you're planning to start one, count me in.

When this game first came out there was a lot of Kart rooms. I think everyone got bored with it fast for some reason though. Maybe cause they have to actually drive and can't mod their way to victory.
 
OK guys, the first "class" is going to be on Saturday at 9:00 PM EST (it's 3:00 at the time of my post for those with conflicting time zones).
It will be mainly for racing in general, but we will be working with karts for some excersizes like smoothness.
I'd also appreciate it if you had a couple cars that I'm going to need you to practice with.
I'll post these cars later.

I don't have any perquisites as someone suggested, but eventually I might open up an advanced class.

To sign up please copy and paste this list from the last person who signs up, include your GTP name and PSN.

1. gogatrs/gogatrs
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
 
1. gogatrs/gogatrs
2. leowan731/GTP_leowan731
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
 
For fun karting experience.
 
1. gogatrs/gogatrs
2. leowan731/GTP_leowan731
3. CarBastard/GTP_ARP93
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
 
OK guys, some cars that are going to be needed for this weekends session are...
Lotus Elise 111R RM
Go Kart
Ruf Yellowbird (If you don't have one, go hit the marketplace)
Peugeot 908 (If you don't have one, just post here, I can take it off the list)
Ford Focus WRC (From NCD)

Glad to see everyone is interested in improving their skills, please note that I don't have a mic.
 
Last edited:
1. gogatrs/gogatrs
2. leowan731/GTP_leowan731
3. CarBastard/GTP_ARP93
4. CarbonFlywheel/CarbonFlywheel
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
______________________
 
Last edited:
1. gogatrs/gogatrs
2. leowan731/GTP_leowan731
3. CarBastard/GTP_ARP93
4. CarbonFlywheel/CarbonFlywheel
5. vramak/ gtp_vramak
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
 
Back