gogatrs' Beginner Racing School

  • Thread starter Thread starter gogatrs
  • 76 comments
  • 6,683 views
1. gogatrs/gogatrs
2. leowan731/GTP_leowan731
3. CarBastard/GTP_ARP93
4. CarbonFlywheel/CarbonFlywheel
5. vramak/ gtp_vramak
6. mlc3/ marcoskids
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
 
OK guys, some cars that are going to be needed for this weekends session are...
Lotus Elise 111R RM
Go Kart
Ruf Yellowbird (If you don't have one, go hit the marketplace)
Peugeot 908 (If you don't have one, just post here, I can take it off the list)
Ford Focus WRC (From NCD)

Glad to see everyone is interested in improving their skills, please note that I don't have a mic.

i dont have the 908.
 
leowan731
i dont have the 908.

OK, that's fine. I'll just cut that portion out of the "lesson."
It wasn't that important anyway, no biggie.
 
1. gogatrs/gogatrs
2. leowan731/GTP_leowan731
3. CarBastard/GTP_ARP93
4. CarbonFlywheel/CarbonFlywheel
5. vramak/ gtp_vramak
6. mlc3/ marcoskids
7. Mavric36/GTP_mavric36
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
 
1. gogatrs/gogatrs
2. leowan731/GTP_leowan731
3. CarBastard/GTP_ARP93
4. CarbonFlywheel/CarbonFlywheel
5. vramak/ gtp_vramak
6. mlc3/ marcoskids
7. Mavric36/GTP_mavric36
8. bill./the_mic_assasin
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
 
Do we need a Ford Focus WRC, or any Rally Car?

Also, do the cars need to be stock?
 
CarbonFlywheel
Do we need a Ford Focus WRC, or any Rally Car?

Also, do the cars need to be stock?

Stock is preferred.
If you don't want to buy all these cars, you don't have to.
You can also use any WRC, I think that there's one in the recommended garage for Citroën.
I may cut out certain cars, so if you don't want to buy them all, you can back up your save, buy all the cars, come race, quit, then restore.
 
I'm afraid i cannot take any more school lessons. xD
 
rydeen
I'm afraid i cannot take any more school lessons. xD

lol, just for those that feel that they suck enough to seek out some help. :D
No offense guys. :D
 
Stock is preferred.
If you don't want to buy all these cars, you don't have to.
You can also use any WRC, I think that there's one in the recommended garage for Citroën.
I may cut out certain cars, so if you don't want to buy them all, you can back up your save, buy all the cars, come race, quit, then restore.

Yeah because I bought a WRX 03' Rally Car a while back and figured you meant we would be running rally cars.

Also, I bought a 908 ages ago, so I'm in for that section if its still available.
 
CarbonFlywheel
Yeah because I bought a WRX 03' Rally Car a while back and figured you meant we would be running rally cars.

Also, I bought a 908 ages ago, so I'm in for that section if its still available.

I think that well just use the Citroën from the recommended garage.
I'll run the Peugeot 908 section after those that don't own it are finished.
It's an excellent car for practicing throttle control at corner exits.
 
gogatrs
I think that well just use the Citroën from the recommended garage.
I'll run the Peugeot 908 section after those that don't own it are finished.
It's an excellent car for practicing throttle control at corner exits.

I do have the 908 as well, the low-end torque this thing has is so brutal and savage it surely teaches a throttle control lesson one way or another :lol:.
 
CarBastard
I do have the 908 as well, the low-end torque this thing has is so brutal and savage it surely teaches a throttle control lesson one way or another :lol:.

What is it? 700 HP in a 700 KG body?
Thats like a more realistic X2010 without a fan on the bottom. :)
 
gogatrs
What is it? 700 HP in a 700 KG body?
Thats like a more realistic X2010 without a fan on the bottom. :)

It's not the HP/Kg ratio that makes it so bonkers, it's the fact it has more torque than God himself! :lol:.
 
OK guys, some cars that are going to be needed for this weekends session are...
Lotus Elise 111R RM
Go Kart
Ruf Yellowbird (If you don't have one, go hit the marketplace)
Peugeot 908 (If you don't have one, just post here, I can take it off the list)
Ford Focus WRC (From NCD)

Glad to see everyone is interested in improving their skills, please note that I don't have a mic.

No offense, but how do you expect to effectively critique and give pointers without a mic?
 
No offense, but how do you expect to effectively critique and give pointers without a mic?

Keyboard perhaps?

Still not as effective as a mic, but I use one in public rooms instead of a mic and I can get my point across clearly.
 
Until the word filter turns your message into.... ************* Happend to me so many times...
 
Until the word filter turns your message into.... ************* Happend to me so many times...

I lost it when I told my friend to use the PETRONAS TOM'S SC430.

PETRONAS is a naughty word apparently.

engine is a curse word too I believe.
 
Yeah I know what you mean... Its especially annoying when youve typed a huge message using your DS3 and then it shows up like this

Blitz187: *****************

AAAAHHHHHHH!!! Make it stop!!! :lol:
 
Just gonna put this in here.

I bought a 111R for the first time and RM'd it. This is the first time I ever drove an Elise in the game.

Holy.

This car is a blast...especially on the Ring. Stock w/ Sports Hards makes it all the sweeter when you finish a lap.
 
CarbonFlywheel
Just gonna put this in here.

I bought a 111R for the first time and RM'd it. This is the first time I ever drove an Elise in the game.

Holy.

This car is a blast...especially on the Ring. Stock w/ Sports Hards makes it all the sweeter when you finish a lap.

The 908 is a blast as well. Hard to drive on Racing Hards but it's an oh-so-brutal machine!!! Even on 3rd it smokes the rears and propells itself with violence. The torque in 1st and 2nd means you barely have to touch the right pedal even on straight line (the car will punish you severely if you don't) and it'll be enough to fly away from the corner. Top spees in top gear is equally impressive.

Somehow I feel bad about liking it so much, it's been my all time nemesis (Audi fan here!) and it bears that stupid Peugeot logo but dear lord...I wish the R10 was as fast in GT5.
 
The 908 is a blast as well. Hard to drive on Racing Hards but it's an oh-so-brutal machine!!! Even on 3rd it smokes the rears and propells itself with violence. The torque in 1st and 2nd means you barely have to touch the right pedal even on straight line (the car will punish you severely if you don't) and it'll be enough to fly away from the corner. Top spees in top gear is equally impressive.

Somehow I feel bad about liking it so much, it's been my all time nemesis (Audi fan here!) and it bears that stupid Peugeot logo but dear lord...I wish the R10 was as fast in GT5.

Audi fan here as well, You just cannot deny that it is an awesome machine that demands respect.
 
CarbonFlywheel
Audi fan here as well, You just cannot deny that it is an awesome machine that demands respect.

Ohh indeed. But I can deny thay Peugeot's Motorsport program has contributed insignificantly tp their still rubbish roadcars, which obviusly isn't the case with Audi. Still, both cars diserve their status as the latest LM titans, absolutely jaw-dropping.
 
Ohh indeed. But I can deny thay Peugeot's Motorsport program has contributed insignificantly tp their still rubbish roadcars, which obviusly isn't the case with Audi. Still, both cars diserve their status as the latest LM titans, absolutely jaw-dropping.

Still waiting for a 908 Road Car, Peugeot needs a supercar, heck, look at Citroen.

Its not real, but hey, they put forth the effort.
 
I despise both those cars being a Porsche fan and therefore an RS Spyder lover. :)
Just feel lucky that you guys have a few years off while they build a new car. :)
 
Is this going to happen?

I haven't recieved any invites yet...
 
Yeah, later tonight.
I think I said 9:00 PM EST.
It's 6:00 PM now where I am, so in 3 hours.
If you guys wouldn't mind, could you all send gogatrs an FR on PSN and mention race school somewhere in the message.
Thanks!
 
Does anyone happen to have an extra yellowbird they could trade? Or if any of you are dupers, could you dupe me one? I've had no luck all week getting one in the ucd. I have a couple matte paint chips, and can send any premium under 1 mil
 
bill.
Does anyone happen to have an extra yellowbird they could trade? Or if any of you are dupers, could you dupe me one? I've had no luck all week getting one in the ucd. I have a couple matte paint chips, and can send any premium under 1 mil

I'll send you one now.
Problem is that I beasted it out.
Makes it even more of a challenge to take it around the ring cleanly. :)
 
Yeah, later tonight.
I think I said 9:00 PM EST.
It's 6:00 PM now where I am, so in 3 hours.
If you guys wouldn't mind, could you all send gogatrs an FR on PSN and mention race school somewhere in the message.
Thanks!

I'll send one about 30 mins before the start, replacing rotors & pads on my truck, working like a fiend to finish up.
 
Back